This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Scott's Box - Beta #1

2»

Comments

• Could you even scan pages of the comics and cut to the scans while he is talking to get a high quality look at the pages?
    Yes, this is yet another somewhat obvious idea I already had. The problem is I buy mostly trades, so it is difficult to scan them well. Also, remember, I was trying to make this in one take and one night. To implement all of these things right away would mean that it would take an entire day almost just to make one episode at my current video skill level. I want to build my skills first, so it doesn't take as long, then add improvements. I will always get it done quickly, but it will be better every time.
  • My few points were some things you can try out easily, the next few steps you should take to make better videos, none of which will take any more time or effort on your behalf. Asking Emily for help setting up the shot a few times so you get used to it is a great idea. I'll leave the content up to you.
  • Asking Emily
    That alone will probably double your quality in short order. ^_~
  • I'm guessing i'm the only one who found your extremely large t-shirt distracting.
  • I'm guessing i'm the only one who found your extremely large t-shirt distracting.
    I think that's just because I have a hunch, and I was sitting on the floor very close to the camera. Thus, my shirt, which is a Large, not even XL, appears to take up much of the screen. I need some sort of desk...
  • jccjcc
    edited June 2008
    ...totally the seme. How can people doubt it? :)
    "You learn stuff while you make videos..."
    CLASSIC!

Overall demeanor is unforced. This is a Good Thing.

Might want to stick some sort of doodad on your camera so you know where to look.
    I'm guessing i'm the only one who found your extremely large t-shirt distracting.
    I did keep trying to figure out what the picture was on it... I agree that Scott's probably a medium in t-shirt sizing land, but a cool shirt is a cool shirt. :) (Was it a cool shirt? Aaargh, I still can't tell! D:)
    Post edited by jcc on
  • edited June 2008
    ABOUT FUCKING TIME!!!

GOD, you been shit talking about having videos FFOOOORRR EVVVVVEEEERRR.

Nice though, A little more lighting, but nice.
    edit:
    Those eyes make you look like some kind of real life L or some emo kid.

Probly more light would help.
    Post edited by CHOIS CHOIS CHOIS on
  • Good video. Personally, I would suggest a little BGM and some noise filtration. Although the noise filtration really depends on the software you are using.
  • I hit the subscribe button on YouTube.

Not perfect, but what is? I have to agree with the problems of looking away and being nervous, but you did this much better than certain kids on the internet. You said that you only wanted to do one take and one night, because you thought if you did more than one, you'd be at it all day. I'm thinking the "broad strokes" method for more than one take would only add maybe an half an hour. Then again, this is coming from a 14 year old who has lots of time on his hands. Also, when I make videos, I don't focus too much on quality, but on content, like kilarney said (though that's not too good, either).

Anyways, I enjoyed it, and I can't wait to see more!
  • Those eyes make you look like some kind of real life L or some emo kid.
    Or a 25 year old guy who gets jack fuck worth of sleep, and probably hasn't for the last 10 years of his life.
  • edited June 2008
    Those eyes make you look like some kind of real life L or some emo kid.
    Or a 25 year old guy who gets jack fuck worth of sleep, and probably hasn't for the last 10 years of his life.
    That's how L fans prepare for cosplay. :)

Anyway, everyone said what I had to say about the video already. It's better than a ton of vids out there but far from perfect. Lighting was annoying though but I really like it!
    Post edited by Viga on
  • It is very likely that Scott's Box Beta #2 will be ready tomorrow, if not the next day. It's not perfect, but you will note a vast improvement.