This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Blood Donation

edited June 2006 in Everything Else
I went and gave blood today. For my second time ever. It doesn't hurt much and you get free food afterwards, and beer here in Australia.

I am shilling for the Red Cross, not that they paid me (although *wink* *wink*), go give blood. Maybe in you is some sort of geekiness virus that can be used to infect others and add more people to our growing army...did I say army, I meant friendly group of peace with absolutley no plans for world domination...none at all.

Comments

• This is obviously a scam set up by vampires. ; )
  • Vampires with many, many forms to fill out!! *argh*
  • I commend tuttle88, and encourage everyone to do so. It's an easy way to help others, and I hear in some places they actually pay you for it.

I would like to know where it is they give out beer afterwards, as the best I've done is some biscuits and cordial.
  • EsonLinji: Woah, where the hell do you live? Nobody around here says "biscuits and cordial". England?
    "It doesn't hurt much and you get free food afterwards, and beer here in Australia."

Australia being the key word.
  • Funny thing is that I am not allowed to give blood.
  • Hah hah, I'm not legally supposed to, either.
  • I'm in Australia too, and all I get is biscuits and cordial. I want to know where in Australia.
  • Wherever it is, if it's VB they offer, I'd say that was an argument against blood donation.
  • Its in Adelaide and they offer West End (blah) and Coopers (best beer in the universe). I have a motherfucker of a bruise now.
  • So the good blood banks are in Adelaide. I'll remember that if I'm ever down there.

The bruise probably isn't that bad. One time they tried to take a plasma donation from me instead of regular blood. Part of the process is they put the non plasma bits back in. Unfortunately it didnt go back in properly so I had a nice purple bruise about 6 inches around for about two weeks.