This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

If you were a dog, what kind would you be?

edited June 2008 in Everything Else
So, people who like dogs: based on what you consider to be your distinguishing physical and personality traits, what breed do you think you would be?

Here's my example:
I think I'd actually be an apricot standard poodle, without the froo-froo hair cut. In contrast to popular perception, poodles are pretty scrappy and tough, having been bred as bird dogs which went mucking about in the woods. While poodles are actually very bright dogs (as Joe can attest to), they also tend to be mildly neurotic and quirky. They are highly animated, spinning around, dancing, and bowing (hyper like me) and very althletic. Poodles are very graceful when they run. They tend not to be very aggressive, and, while they will be fiercely possessive of the human they like, they are relatively safe dogs. They like to drape themselves over furniture and people.

Comments

• An Alaskan Malamute:
  • edited June 2008
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • You'd be an image hoasted by AngelFire?
    ... AngelFire still exists?
  • I would be a pug. They are small and cute (when they are puppies, anyway) and very friendly. According to Wikipedia, "The word "pug" may have come from the Old English pugg, which was an affectionate term for a playful little devil or monkey." Some would agree that that is indeed, me. I don't have a wrinkly face... yet. One day I will be a little old lady, though.

• edited June 2008
    A sheltie. We look impressive and we have cool jobs, but we're really just squat little chubby things with too much hair.

Of course, I want to be a husky, but I'm not about to trudge through all that snow.
    Post edited by Jason on
  • Karelian Bear Dog.
  • edited June 2008

Rottweiler, hands down. They're lovable AND serious business.

That, or I'd be some kind of wolf. Wolves are cool.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
    Sometimes you hotlink out of laziness, and you get burned.
  • I would be a lazy bastard, oh wait.
    Seems so! That is the first time I checked my old site since maybe 2004.

I'd be a two nosed dog, because I'd have smell powers to the max.
  • edited June 2008
    While this is a preposterous question; I dog I would like to own one day would be one of these. They're big but really friendly.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Omnutia beat me to the punch. I love Akitas!

On another note, I have recently become the owner of a Chihuahua puppy and am complete in love with it. I didn't really like small dogs before.
  • While this is a preposterous question; I dog I would like to own one day would beone of these. They're big but really friendly.
    If we're talking about dogs we'd like to own, I want a Newfoundland, St. Bernard, Irish Wolfhound, or anything that's half wolf.

I likes me some big dogs.
  • I would not be a dog because I would be allergic to myself.
  • edited June 2008
    I would not be a dog because I would be allergic to myself.
    Joe, prepare the puppy catapult :)
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • edited June 2008
    I think I'd actually be an apricot standard poodle, without the froo-froo hair cut. In contrast to popular perception, poodles are pretty scrappy and tough, having been bred as bird dogs which went mucking about in the woods. While poodles are actually very bright dogs (as Joe can attest to), they also tend to be mildly neurotic and quirky. They are highly animated, spinning around, dancing, and bowing (hyper like me) and very althletic. Poodles are very graceful when they run. They tend not to be very aggressive, and, while they will be fiercely possessive of the human they like, they are relatively safe dogs. They like to drape themselves over furniture and people.
    Or poodles are clipped in a kennel clip, so they don't look very froo-froo. They are very graceful when they run. Nova has a gait that almost looks like a Tennessee Walking Horse. They're both very light, but when it's dark, you can barely even see Nova because of her color. I've often thought that if a black standard poodle was trained as an attack dog, a victim attacked at night would never know that he was even in trouble until it was too late.

Even with all that being said, I still think I would be a Doberman. Over the course of time when I was younger, I had six different Dobermans. They are almost as graceful as Poodles and they are just as smart, but they are more protective of their people and I think they like people more.
    I would not be a dog because I would be allergic to myself.
    Joe, prepare the puppy catapult :)
    This is why I say that Steve is in trouble in case of an apocalypse. He has dietary restrictions and he is allergic to dogs. I think dogs would be essential to survival after the apocalypse.

Being allergic to dogs is like being allergic to or not liking horses - very sad and almost unnatural.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on

• Border collies, man. They're crazy inquisitive and smart. Though truth be told, I'm also all about huskies and mal's.

But really we all know:

• edited June 2008
    Very smart, independent, and obsessed with cleanliness.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • I would like to say Dachshund - they are my favorite breed! Specifically a smooth, red, miniature Doxie. image image image
  • I'd be a Welsh Corgie...
    or a Beagle.
  • edited June 2008
    Everybody here seems to really like huskies (as do I). I think it is because they look very wolf-like. Watch out, though. They are very stubborn and run VERY VERY fast. Also, like wolves, they are not one of the "soft mouth" dogs, and once they bite another animal, it's probably a goner.
    Very smart, independent, and obsessed with cleanliness.
    Shiba Inu! Love Shibas! They are very talky and whiny.
    or a Beagle.
    Grandad has a beagle. The best thing about them is their facial expressions. They have "eyebrows" and have very expressive eyes. A confused beagle is hilarious.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • edited June 2008
    I'd be a Welsh Corgie...
    I would have to concur. I would pick the Pembroke Welsh Corgie. They are just too damn cute. One day I will get one. One day. (Ein = win!)

Post edited by Rochelle on
  • edited June 2008
    Dachshund = Corgi = Dorgi
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
    edited June 2008
    I'd like to be a German Shepherd if I were a dog. With medium to long hair.
    That, or I'd be some kind of wolf. Wolves are cool.
    Seconded. Our second German Shepherd was called Wolf. n_n Though it was such a wuss.
    Post edited by ... on
  • A Dog of War! So I can be let loose.
  • edited June 2008
    If I were a big dog I would be a Great Dane or an Irish Wolfhound. However, I am very definitely a small dog type (only 5' 2").

I have this art-print at home and it looks like my old dog, Gabby. I think this is a picture of me in dog form, no question.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on

Any scruffy mutt could easily be me, especially if it likes its food and sleep. I'm not overly smart, but easily adapted to a lot of different situations.