This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Searching For Podcast Co-host(s)

edited June 2008 in Everything Else
As some of you may know, for the last little while, I've been working towards getting a new podcast off the ground called Robomiko. The podcast is nominally going to focus on entertainment (anime, comics, TV, movies, video games, books, and cartoons) from the perspective of intelligent female geeks. It's likely going to have a very loose, casual structure with lots of room for interesting/entertaining tangents; the only clearly defined segments will be the review bits. Sounds like a lot of other podcasts on the internet, I know, but we're not really going to be putting this show out for the sake of originality. We're putting it out because we think it will be fun, and because we think that the personalities and chemistry between the hosts will be the biggest draw.

Originally, this podcast was going to be hosted by only two people - myself and Iggy (the co-host of my previous podcast, Anime Utahime). However, due to the fact that the two of us are free at the same time on only one day per week on average (usually Fridays), we have found that it is very easy for real life to screw up our recording plans at the drop of a hat. All it takes is for one of us to be called away or busy on that free day, and poof, no more recording. This has resulted in numerous delays in both the planning and production of the show. It should be better for us during summer now that Iggy is out of school, but this issue is still a concern for me.

Thus, for the sake of adding more certainty that the podcast will come out on a regular weekly basis, we have decided to seek out additional hosts for the show. Even just one new host would be great, but my ideal would be to have a small pool of regular hosts that we can draw from depending on who's available, ala Friday Night Party Line.

We are searching for hosts based on the following criteria:

- Has at least a somewhat decent microphone.
- Is able to voice chat over Skype on Fridays, Saturdays and/or Sundays.
- Specializes in at least one or two of the following areas: anime, comics/manga, TV, movies, video games, books, cartoons.
- Has at least a passing familiarity with all the other areas as well.
- Has a good "radio voice" (clear speech with no mumbling/slurring, good volume, lively/not monotonous)
- Has a good sense of humour and the ability to be at least somewhat witty
- Ideally is female (given that the show is called Robomiko and has been planned to provide female geek perspectives). However, if a candidate is smart and entertaining enough, a male could be accepted into our circle as well. ;)
- Optional: has at least a basic ability to edit audio.

If you are interested, please create an audio sample (0:20 - 1:30 in length) explaining to me why you want to be a part of Robomiko, and why you think I should take you on. You may either whisper me a link to your file, or send the file to robomiko@gmail.com. If I like what you submit, then I will set up a time for us to meet on Skype and shoot the breeze. If I find that we have good chemistry, then you're in.

In case anyone is curious, the podcast-to-be will be located at http://robomiko.com. There is already a somewhat active forum at this website, which I am ruling under a Mr. Period-inspired regime of terror and highlighted red words. Just saying. ;)