This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

George Carlin

edited June 2008 in Everything Else
I would say "George Carlin - RIP" but judging by his views, I'm not sure he would believe there is anything after he dies that is left to feel peace.MeSSwKffj9o

Comments

• Sad news. He was one of the best.
  • edited June 2008
    This is the best I could find. Internet fail.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • edited June 2008
    I really liked George Carlin just because he was not afraid of society's conventions.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • Ahhh fuck.
  • edited June 2008
    Man, I went to his site; George Carlin was still working nearly 5 to 6 nights a week.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • This sucks, George Carlin was one of the funniest comedians out there and didn't care about society's conventions. I believe that we are reaching the end of an era of comedy...
  • It's sad when your heroes start dying.
  • Wow... that is quite sad. He was a great comedian - one of my favorites. I feel for his family.
  • Wait... WHAT WHAT WHAT!?!

I'll always remember the time my cousin put on one of his videos for me and my other cousin to watch. My other cousin's response was "So, is he a comedian or an activist?" It really changed the way I looked at his work.
  • Shit on a stick. Sucks. I remember liking him as a kid and still do.
  • edited June 2008
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Shit, piss, fuck, cunt, cocksucker, motherfucker, and tits.
  • Well, Mother Fucker is a derivative of Fuck so that can come off the list.

Its strange that he should die he soon after the compilation of his works was released. Some views seem to be shared between George Carling and Rym and Scott
  • This saddens me.
  • I'm getting tired of that shit. Tired of that shit. I'm tired of fucking Earth Day, I'm tired of these self-righteous environmentalists, these white, bourgeois liberals who think the only thing wrong with this country is there aren't enough bicycle paths. People trying to make the world safe for their Volvos. Besides, environmentalists don't give a shit about the planet. They don't care about the planet. Not in the abstract they don't. Not in the abstract they don't. You know what they're interested in? A clean place to live. Their own habitat. They're worried that some day in the future, they might be personally inconvenienced. Narrow, unenlightened self-interest doesn't impress me.
    George Carlin - The Planet is Fine
  • edited June 2008
    I think George Carlin is the second best comedian of all time. Richard Pryor is still number one in my book.
    Post edited by N15PCA on
  • edited June 2008
    Sail - That is a particularly apt, concise, and clever homage. Thank you.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • He was awesome in Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure.
  • He was awesome in Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure.
    And Bogus Journey. I guess it is Carlin's turn to give Death a melvin.