This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Mega Man 9

13»

Comments

• Damn you! You always forget it was me who told you that.
    Anyway, you have a podcast with over nine thousand listeners. If you'd work out some way around the Tribes 2 connection problem (the LAN server won't accept a non Class B IP address FYI) then you could easily get enough people together to fill several servers.
  • This game has shown me just how bad at video games I really am.
  • This game has shown me just how bad at video games I really am.
    Same here. I've beaten 2 levels (Magma Man and Galaxy Man) since buying the game on Tuesday.
  • I have this weird moral feeling that I shouldn’t use the screw shop to beat any level. That it’s essentially a shop of cheat and that if I use it I am conceding victory to the game. I need to shake this morality less the game break me. I am no longer 7; I have not the patients to memorize every level perfectly.

This weekend splash women kicked my ass. I don’t know why. I can see her pattern. It’s very simple. Yet I could not kill her. I must contemplate on the manner. Perhaps my subconscious is preventing me from winning as it is ingrained that hurting women is wrong. Perhaps my subconscious is preventing me from winning because it is ingrained that if I cross a woman I will incur great pain. *Thinks of mothers wooden spoon/pinching ear*
  • Perhaps my subconscious is preventing me from winning as it is ingrained that hurting women is wrong.
    No, it's not some form of ingrained chivalry, it's those damn fish.
  • I have this weird moral feeling that I shouldn’t use the screw shop to beat any level. That it’s essentially a shop of cheat and that if I use it I am conceding victory to the game. I need to shake this morality less the game break me. I am no longer 7; I have not the patients to memorize every level perfectly.

This weekend splash women kicked my ass. I don’t know why. I can see her pattern. It’s very simple. Yet I could not kill her. I must contemplate on the manner. Perhaps my subconscious is preventing me from winning as it is ingrained that hurting women is wrong. Perhaps my subconscious is preventing me from winning because it is ingrained that if I cross a woman I will incur great pain. *Thinks of mothers wooden spoon/pinching ear*
    ... Get a grip on yourself. It's a ROBOT you're destroying. And a fictional one at that...
  • JayJay
    edited October 2008
    ... Get a grip on yourself. It's a ROBOT you're destroying. And a fictional one at that...
    Yes. I was completely serious when talking about splash women. I seriously think that it's chivalry that prevents me from killing her. *rolls eyes*
    No, it's not some form of ingrained chivalry, it's those damn fish.
    Actually it's not the fish at all it's getting the trident driven through my blue head :S.
    Post edited by Jay on
  • ... Get a grip on yourself. It's a ROBOT you're destroying. And a fictional one at that...
    Yes. I was completely serious when talking about splash women. I seriously think that it's chivalry that prevents me from killing her. *rolls eyes*
    Uh...sure, let's assume I was being serious too....

In any case Endless Attack is made of win, awesome and "This track was made to break the NES sound chip".
  • Mega Man 10 confirmed.There is a Sheep Man.
    There's no way I would not buy it, and Nintendo knows this.
    I pretty much REQUIRE this game.
  • Damnit. I never actually played 9. I guess I'll play it now.
    I bought it. It's hard. Really hard. I'd recommend it for a Mega Man connoisseur such as yourself.
  • JayJay
    edited December 2009
    Mega Man 10 confirmed.There is a Sheep Man.
    Last item on the list.

"Features an easy mode."

LOL. I guess the kids didn't appreciate 3 elephants in a row in Mega Man 9. Though, how do you "easy mode" the jumping puzzles? Give you infinite Rush Jet?
    Post edited by Jay on
    Last item on the list.

"Features an easy mode."

LOL. I guess the kids didn't appreciate 3 elephants in a row in Mega Man 9. Though, how do you "easy mode" the jumping puzzles? Give you infinite Rush Jet?
    I imagine they can just make easy mode jump higher and farther than normal, so all the jumps are overcompensated for. Though that could be hard for small platforms, so it's almost like a hard mode in a way...Who knows...
  • I am glad to see that Capcom is sticking with their roots. I'm stuck at Wily's Castle on 9 (fuck the necessity to perfectly micromanage all of your weapon energies), but I am very excited for the next installation.
    Same here. I just like giving Nintendo money. It's a side hobby, really.
  • I beat three or four levels of 9. I should probably get on that too.
  • Meh. Since I never owned an NES, I never got into the whole Mega Man thing. Tried the demo of 9 and realized, "Oh yeah, I hate these kinds of games."
  • edited December 2009
    I loved 9, but I never actually beat it (all but one of the robot masters, I think...)

I'm glad they're continuing with this, although I hope the additions (like the three playable characters) don't make things over-complicated too soon.
    Post edited by AtheriShadow on
  • Meh. Since I never owned an NES, I never got into the whole Mega Man thing. Tried the demo of 9 and realized, "Oh yeah, I hate these kinds of games."
    This is why Google didn't hire you.
  • This is why Google didn't hire you.
    Secret Google criteria: You need to love hard modo NES games, and beat them with ridiculous self-set criteria (MM2, no tanks used right here). Larry Page and Sergey Brin actually beat two-player Battletoads.
  • Larry Page and Sergey Brin actually beat two-player Battletoads.
    Kenshiro and Chuck Norris beat it without ever even taking damage.
  • Larry Page and Sergey Brin actually beat two-player Battletoads.
    Actually, my cousin and I did this on his NES way back in the day. We didn't really have much of a choice since the only games he had were this and the SMB/Duck Hunt combo. Back then, since I didn't have any console of my own, I didn't care how long it took. I took whatever I could get. The only other NES games I actually played on the console itself besides those two were Contra and SMB2/3.

Just as a side note, I've beaten SMB: Lost Levels a few times. Doesn't that give me at least a little cred?
  • edited December 2009
    Actually, my cousin and I did this on his NES way back in the day.
    But...that's...that's impossible!!

No, literally. According to TVTropes: "The game is impossible in two-player mode because a bug prevents the second player from even moving when you reach the second-to-last level...Assuming you even get that far."
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • edited December 2009
    Actually, my cousin and I did this on his NES way back in the day.
    But...that's...that's impossible!!
    Not so. One of my friends and his roommate did it a couple years ago on an NES they picked up at a pawn shop. It does come down to luck, but it's not totally impossible.

EDIT: You also have to understand that I was staying at my cousin's for two weeks while my parents were on a long vacation. There was nothing else for us to do.

EDIT 2:
    During a 2-player game, the second player is unable to move in level 11, and therefore must lose all of his or her lives before player one can continue the level. This makes finishing the game even more difficult for the second player, as that player had one less continue and any accumulated extra lives at his or her disposal.
    Not impossible.
    Post edited by theknoxinator on