This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Taking a Short Ride (an Audio Scene)

edited June 2008 in Art!
\\Submitting for Peer Review\\

So I made this short audio clip using various sound effects from Sound Snap to create the sound of an elevator ride. I was inspired to do this by that video, The Virtual Barbershop.

Download MP3

I play the fake British elevator operator.

Comments

• The idea behind this audio scape seems cool. I couldn't enjoy the Virtual barbershop as much because I don't have headphones and I have someone playing a game on ventrillo right next to me. However, I understand what this is trying to do. Your clip was pleasant to listen to. I'm not sure how to give you feedback because this isn't something I do... I don't do anything with sound. Maybe yours is missing that really close, almost creepy encounter ( the razor in the barbershop). But maybe just a pleasant sound experience is enough.
  • Well, I would never assume to be able to do that whole "razor by your ear" feeling. I was just trying to make a nice little scene as an experiment.
  • The only problem with an elevator is that nothing really happens behind you - unless that creepy elevator operator starts whispering in my ear.
  • Its not supposed to have directional sound.