This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Diablo III

1101112131416»

Comments

• Eh maybe you're right, I just thought it was kinda fun at first but then the monk had like a specific combo that to me worked as best it could so I just went through the rest of the game with like the same 3 skills. I also didn't find any cool loot or anything which is sorta the draw of those games and people who I know played way longer than me had equally as lame experiences loot grabbin'.
  • MATATAT said:

Eh maybe you're right, I just thought it was kinda fun at first but then the monk had like a specific combo that to me worked as best it could so I just went through the rest of the game with like the same 3 skills. I also didn't find any cool loot or anything which is sorta the draw of those games and people who I know played way longer than me had equally as lame experiences loot grabbin'.

I think the look will be vastly improved in the post-auction house era.

• Apreche said:

MATATAT said:

I'm curious to play the expansion, but I got incredibly bored with this game like halfway through so I'm not sure if it'll make it not boring.

Uh, it's Diablo. You click on stuff, and then click on more stuff.
    This also describes Counterstrike, more or less.

• Apreche said:

MATATAT said:

I'm curious to play the expansion, but I got incredibly bored with this game like halfway through so I'm not sure if it'll make it not boring.

Uh, it's Diablo. You click on stuff, and then click on more stuff.
    This also describes Counterstrike, more or less.

The things you click on in Diablo don't move. They let you click on them. Also, you don't really need to use the keyboard in Diablo, but it helps. In Counter-Strike it's pretty much mandatory.
  • The most enjoyment I got out of Diablo III was actually right after it released when I finally got to the end-game content of the time. It turned into a bullet hell shooter. That was fun. One mistake and you die.
  • My friends have pretty much gone with a 'hardcore mode with hardest difficulty' rule with diablo style games to keep them interesting. I mean, the game's still pretty simple but definitely more intense when you're 10 hours in and fighting a molten arcane enchanted waller or something equally bullshit.

Loot system seems improved, but only have 4 or 5 hours experience. Ironically white items have become the most valuable drop for me- they provide a new crafting material that I didn't already have hundreds of in my stash. Crafting still seems to provide much better gear than most drops. May have to end up buying the expansion even though I was planning to skip it.