This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Diablo III

Comments

• Diablo 3 may or may not have crafting.
    Diablo 2 had crafting sort of. You would put the gems in the slots, right?
  • Yes, but that's not crafting, as such. That's customization. In this, you will be able to completely create items.
  • Did anybody say how they are handling inventory management and looting yet? I'm hoping for some more modern design on both fronts. Diablo was terrible. Diablo 2 was slightly less terrible. Wow was pretty terrible at first, but grudually solved some of its issues (keyrings, unlimited mounts/pets, etc.), but what I'd really prefer is automatic overflow to my bank, stacking of all small common items, and some account-wide storage
    Inventory management, whatever the game, drives me nuts. I think it's handled fairly well (Yes, I've played some builds already). All loot, in group games, will be only loot you can see and loot. No longer do you have to click on stacks of gold to loot them but simply run over them, which is huge.

Account wide, you will have a "bank" and that bank is accessible by all characters on your account. So if you get a kick ass monk item but you're playing your barbarian, stick it in the bank and it's not going to waste. That's HUGE for me, personally.

I don't recall but I *think* losing gold on death doesn't happen anymore, I could be wrong. Assuming my memory serves, the only reason you'd ever bank gold is to make is accessible to an alt, which is just fine, IMO.
  • Diablo 2 had crafting... you could make 1 crafted item per character per difficulty. But that also isn't crafting. That's randomly generating an item.

The closest you could get to crafting was probably runewords.
  • edited August 2011
    You can pick what you craft and there is a *passed this on in feedback but will likely be ignored* somewhat forced feeling skill up system.

You get an item that can "disenchant" garbage items into crafting mats so town visits are much reduced. I threw in the idea of an advanced setting where it will disenchant items below a certain quality automatically but, frankly, stopping every 10 minutes to disenchant a bunch of shit is annoying.
    Post edited by Dromaro on
  • If you commit to a full year of WoW you get Diablo 3 for free, you get Diablo 3 expansions before other people, and you get a mount. Not sure if the mount is for WoW or Diablo.
  • If you commit to a full year of WoW you get Diablo 3 for free, you get Diablo 3 expansions before other people, and you get a mount. Not sure if the mount is for WoW or Diablo.
    525,600 minutes or 365.25 days?
  • I was slightly wrong on crafting in diablo 2. Runewords are still a bit closer to a crafting system. What diablo 2 called crafting (that I guess was introduced later than I played? Or I didn't know about it...) is transmuting equipment + gem + rune +jewel = new random rare equipment but with 3 static modifiers (with a slightly random distribution).

At first, I thought I would make a lot of money in D2. Now I'm thinking that I won't... because I value my time higher than a lot of other people are going to. A lot of people are simply willing to value an hour of their time for $5 or less. I think I'll have trouble doing that. I'll still probably sell anything I'm lucky enough to have and not want, but I'm guessing my "income" from this will be relatively trivial (so trivial, I'll probably just re-use the currency in the game, which is what Blizzard would prefer, even if they take a cut on the money-in or money-out portions of the economy).

What Apreche posted scares me.

Also, I'm curious where Blizzard is taking their cut. Are they just pocketing all money that goes in? And the 3rd party exchangers just buy currency from players to resell for less-than-blizzard prices? Or are they taking money when it comes out of the system? Or a tariff of sorts on money going into the system? Or... purely trying to gain money on interest on the money sitting in the system? Or on internal service charges and fees...

The economics of it could be built in a lot of different ways... so much I want to know...
  • Not sure if the mount is for WoW or Diablo.
    It's for WoW.
  • You commit a one year subscription to WoW for the benefits Scott mentioned. Not worth it, IMO.
  • TriviaHawk#1894
  • WaterIsPoiso#1362
  • Apreche#waitingforTorchlight2Notpaying$50, Paid $50 for Starcraft 2, never played it, learned lesson.
  • You had like 10 years to get through Starcraft one and then you decided to play through the first after buying the second :-p
  • Torchlight's price will eventually go down. Blizzard games are able to remain at a relatively inflated price for a very long time... mostly because what they are really "selling" is a service...
  • You had like 10 years to get through Starcraft one and then you decided to play through the first after buying the second :-p
    I only ever got halfway through the Zerg campaign in Starcraft 1. I've tried twice in my life.
  • VentureJ#1389
  • I guess all this Diablerising means I might be able to log into a Day Z server tonight. Sweet.
  • Can't play Diablo because my gaming rig is in the states. Sad panda.
  • Doesn't look like anyone is playing with that error 37.
  • I can't play till Sunday anyway.
  • Problems at launch, went to bed, woke up and it works perfectly.
  • It's working just fine for me.
  • Relevant:

• edited May 2012
    I rescued Deckard Cain too! Also, Jason's name is excellent.
    Post edited by VentureJ on
  • Stay awhile and listen.
  • Someone already beat the game, you guys are so far behind.
  • Sadly I don't have internets right now.