This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Take this Linux users!

edited June 2008 in Everything Else
This is why I rock the stubble.

Comments

• It's not helping me any.
  • edited June 2008
    I'm incredibly bothered by having any facial hair, be it neckbeard or stubble. I'll take personal comfort over British women any day.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I'll take personal comfort over British women any day.
    Someone obviously hasn't heard about Elizabeth Hurley...
  • House has stubble, and he is a badass. If only stubble didn't feel like sandpaper...
  • House is indeed badass, which is why I rock the stubble.
  • This makes me happy.
  • Women participating in the research rated men with stubble as tough, mature, aggressive, dominant and masculine
    Yeah, all the stuff I really DON'T want in a relationship. (Well, except for mature. And the good kind of tough, not the macho posturing kind.)
  • I used to have a 'stubble' because I was lazy. Now it's because it makes me sexy.
  • edited June 2008
    Wait, you're believing something written in the Telegraph?
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Women participating in the research rated men with stubble as tough, mature, aggressive, dominant and masculine
    My boyfriend has the stubble and the neckbeard, however he really isn't aggressive or dominant. He's more opposite of that. However aggressive and dominant can be really good traits at times. ^_~
  • YES! PEOPLE ARE NOW RECKIN' THAT STUBBLE! FACIAL HAIR FOR THE FUCKING WIN!

I guess I'm not alone in my tastes. I still think I'm alone on the hairy guys though. <3
  • Just to ask, why does this have anything against Linux users? Linux nerds are the full bearded ones. The users tend to have mostly stubble as far as I have seen.
  • It's not helping me any.
    You don't know that. Maybe it is what keeps women from hitting you with their shoes and purses on sight! ^_~
  • I used to have a 'stubble' because I was lazy. Now it's because it makes me sexy.
    Laziness led to me having a neck beard. No matter what, a neck beard is never sexy.

The combination of goatees and stubble, however, is awesome. Or so I'm told.
  • edited June 2008
    However aggressive and dominant can be really good traits at times. ^_~
    Not really. Aggressive people are scary. Dominant people are bossy. Do not want!

edit: However, when I think about it, Rym is very competitive and alpha-dog-ish in his behavior.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • edited June 2008
    Not really. Aggressive people are scary. Dominant people are bossy. Do not want!
    "At times" is the qualifier. Very specific times. Like sexy time, for example.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • Not really. Aggressive people are scary. Dominant people are bossy. Do not want!
    I said at times. I do not care for men that are like that all the time. Also at times can refer to many different situations. ^_~
  • sexy time
    Oooh! Oh, I see. THAT Aggressive. But I prefer pouncing on each other equally often. If one person always takes the lead, it's boring!
  • edited June 2008
    Hang on a second. They only surveyed 76 women. That's a really small sampling for something as trivial as surveying. Seems very unscientific to me.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • sexy time
    Oooh! Oh, I see. THAT Aggressive. But I prefer pouncing on each other equally often. If one person always takes the lead, it's boring!
    Not if they're doing it right. :p
  • Hang on a second. They only surveyed 76 women. That's a really small sampling for something as trivial as surveying. Seems very unscientific to me.
    If they calculate their uncertainty properly, it's perfectly valid. You just may want to get a larger picture for more accurate results.
  • I believe a forum poll is in order. One where the FRC Forum's women can make their vote.
  • Not if they're doing it right. :p
    But isn't it better to variously pounce and be pounced on? Who wants to be the uke all the time, yo?
  • "At times" is the qualifier. Very specific times. Like sexy time, for example.
    Ah. I did not see that The Whale Shark helped explain things to gomidog. Thank you.
    But I prefer pouncing on each other equally often. If one person always takes the lead, it's boring!...But isn't it better to variously pounce and be pounced on? Who wants to be the uke all the time, yo?
    Yes. No, it's not fun to be the uke. Switching things up = fun.
  • edited July 2008

edit: However, when I think about it, Rym is very competitive and alpha-dog-ish in his behavior.
    Both aggressive and dominant are terms that could be applied to Rym. I have to agree with Ro and say that they are not always bad traits, one can be aggressive without being violent or negative, and dominant without demeaning or reducing others. While they need to be kept in check, they do have their positive aspects.
    Not if they're doing it right. :p
    But isn't it better to variously pounce and be pounced on? Who wants to be the uke all the time, yo?
    I think switching it up is nice, but variety can come from other areas beyond the dom/sub roles.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • My stubble is hardly noticeable unless I haven't shaved for around a month, so this news does not help me at all.
  • edited July 2008
    Wow, I usually go from clean shaven [spelled correctly?] to getting onto a beard in about a week or so. That said, it is usually the main beard part that gets started before everything else.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Not if they're doing it right. :p
    Well, one party can certainly start off with a pounce, but sometimes, it's just hard to not wind up taking control of the situation. Logistics and all that. Yeah.
  • Does a dragon goatee count?
  • I suspect that all this study shows is that women watch the same TV shows. :P