This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

If you had a billion dollars

edited June 2006 in Everything Else
A few podcasts ago, Rym and Scoot brought up an interesting idea. What would you do if you had a billion dollars? Personally, I think it'd be cool to finance some show or video game franchise that you think deserves to be seen but for some reason has gone under. I would want to ressurect Futurama (I know there are rumors of it coming back) and Psychonauts.

Comments

• That is almost exactly the same as my "plan".

I would start a small publishing company in order to bring small things I thought were awesome to the light of day.

I would not care if I lost money as long as I could give good books, boardgames,-pretty much anything- a good treatment with high production value and get it out to the people that would appreciate it most.
  • If I had a billion dollars I would do all the things I would do if I had a million dollars (travel, buy a house etc) then I'd set up a second hand book/misc store and sell all the stuff that I found cool but is hard to get here. I'd hire people to do all the tax stuff, stay at uni until I ran out of things I was interested in and employ pov. students and not bitch to them when they had to study for exams.

Oh and I woud pay Channel 9 to broadcast women's cricket.
  • Ten or twenty million gets invested somewhere/somehow, the interest on which will be more than enough to keep me well-supplied for the rest of my natural life.

A piddling portion of that pays of my student loans and buys me all the gadgetry and such I could want. I'd give one million dollars each to everyone else in my immediate circle of friends and family, because why not? I'll make a list of every open-source software project I make use of, and each of them can have at least a few hundred thousand. Then I buy and staff a small island to live on.

With the rest, I fund a private space program, a museum or two, and a mess of research scientists and artists to fill them.
  • edited June 2006
    What would I do if I had a billion dollars?

2 chicks at the same time.

couldn't resist...
    Post edited by Starfox on
  • Only two?