This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Hulu has been great lately (if you don't live in a second-rate country)

Comments

• Yes, I am a fangirl. No, I don't think that's a problem.
    No problems with that ^_^
  • Firefly!

Yes, I am a fangirl. No, I don't think that's a problem.
    Are you the slobbering, rabid kind or the one who is a huge fan but doesn't have the aforementioned traits?
  • Firefly!

Are you the slobbering, rabid kind or the one who is a huge fan but doesn't have the aforementioned traits?
    Well, I have been known to drool slightly when someone is rubbing my feet, but other than that there is a distinct lack of slobber. Definitely no rabies.
  • Firefly!

Well, I have been known to drool slightly when someone is rubbing my feet, but other than that there is a distinct lack of slobber. Definitely no rabies.
    It can take a while to display the symptoms of rabies. You could turn into rabid zombie-Nuri like, tomorrow. Emily can probably expound on this topic more. :P

100 GB per month? Is that really TWC's plan? If that's the case, I may start searching for another broadband provider with a more realistic usage limit, or (preferably) no limit at all.
  • Don't you have to come into contact (like being bitten) with something with rabies in order to contract it? I'm pretty sure that while driving 10 hours up I-95 may reduce me to shouting expletives in a Jason-Mewes-like manner, it does not qualify as exposure to rabies. And I haven't been bitten by any animals of late.
  • 100 GB per month? Is that really TWC's plan? If that's the case, I may start searching for another broadband provider with a more realistic usage limit, or (preferably) no limit at all.
    They nixed it for now.
  • edited August 2009
    Don't you have to come into contact (like being bitten) with something with rabies in order to contract it? I'm pretty sure that while driving 10 hours up I-95 may reduce me to shouting expletives in a Jason-Mewes-like manner, it does not qualify as exposure to rabies. And I haven't been bitten by any animals of late.
    Rabies can be transmitted via aerosol. So, if you've ever had a rabid animal sneeze at you...then maybe. This also means that you may actually be a rabid fangirl, if another similarly rabid fanperson infected you with aerosolized fangirl-rabies virus (aFGRV). I've read studies about the rates of aFGRV transmission during group showings of Firefly, and I can tell you that the prognosis is not good.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • aFGRV
    That's not an acronym. It's the sound they make.
    100 GB per month? Is that really TWC's plan? If that's the case, I may start searching for another broadband provider with a more realistic usage limit, or (preferably) no limit at all.
    Move to a first-rate country? >:3 Seriously, bandwidth-caps make the USA looks like Australia, only with Hulu.
  • edited August 2009
    That's not an acronym. It's the sound they make.
    Usually, that's the case. However, I've observed extreme cases of FGR where the infected occasionally exhibit a high-pitched whine or shriek; researchers have dubbed the phenomenon "teakettling." Prolonged contact with teakettling FGR-positive individuals may result in irritation.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • If you like manly anime then if you don't watch this, You are already dead! WATAA!
  • Sweet zombie jesus yes.
    You do know that it was already available on Youtube a couple of months before, right?
  • edited August 2009
    Sweet zombie jesus yes.
    You do know that it was already available on Youtube a couple of months before, right?
    Youtube quality was weak, I like the quality in hulu a lot better. I wonder if the hulu application would allow us to watch it in japanese with english subs?
    Post edited by Erwin on
    Youtube quality was weak, I like the quality in hulu a lot better. I wonder if the hulu application would allow us to watch it in japanese with english subs?
    There are a couple of anime on Hulu that are subbed, I think Naruto Shippuden was but I can't remember if it was that or something else.
    Even if set on High Quality mode?
  • GeoGeo
    edited December 2009
    Well excuuuuuuuuuuse me princess.
    Wow...they're really reaching into the barrel now aren't they?
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Shit yes Big Guy and Rusty.
    Aww yeah. That show was "da bomb" back in the day.
  • Goddamn, forgot how awesome BG&R was.
  • Hulu is still fantastic, but the movies kind of annoy me because they sometimes go away and you don't notice them.

I was sad that Requiem For A Dream was on Hulu and I never watched it.

But now I'm watching this, which is pure win.
  • But now I'm watchingthis, which is pure win.
    Hell yeah.
  • There went my life.
  • Heh, and I just happen to be in the States right now.
  • Doesn't Crunchyroll already have all of that there already?
  • Doesn't Crunchyroll already have all of that there already?
    And Funi's site. Hulu's a nicer watching experience, tho.
  • So, did someone ask for them to post The Super-Dimension Fortress Macross? Cus they totally just posted The Super-Dimension Fortress Macross.
  • They are taking most of the Comedy Central shows off of Hulu (including Daily Show and Colbert). Major fail as the Comedy Central sites suck.
  • Major fail as the Comedy Central sites suck.
    Works just fine for the Daily Show. I actually go there instead of Hulu anyway.