This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Elfen Lied

edited July 2008 in Anime
I just finished watching the show and was, once again, interested in what you guy thought about it.
I thought it was a well done show, but at some parts they went a bit to far (warning: understatement) with the gore and violence. And what's up with the German?

Comments

• It was cool at first but me and all my friends hated that ending. One of the worst anime ending I seen. Well, I think because it's been 3 or so years since I seen it all.
  • It was cool at first but me and all my friends hated that ending. One of the worst anime ending I seen. Well, I think because it's been 3 or so years since I seen it all.
    I've seen much worse. ^^ But maybe just because I've seen A LOT of bad anime..
  • And what's up with the German?
    Elfen Lied
    What's wrong with the German? I mean, the title of the show is in German, most likely there's German in the show. And I think Japan loves Germany, or at least their language.
  • It rapidly degrades into a stupid boobie-show within the first episode. The opening was interesting with it's Klimt paintings, but that's about all the show held for me.

It failed the 1 episode test as far as I'm concerned.
  • So, why is everyone in this show a retard?
  • It rapidly degrades into a stupid boobie-show within the first episode. The opening was interesting with it's Klimt paintings, but that's about all the show held for me.

It failed the 1 episode test as far as I'm concerned.
    The reason I kept on watching after the first episode was, because of the Klimt paintings and the Latin music, which I tried to translate with every show I watched. Once I was at about the sixth episode I just decided to finish it. The show at some points had a great potential, which it barely used.
  • Dave and Joel have said everything that will ever need to be said about this show.
  • Dave and Joel have said everything that will ever need to be said about this show.
    On which episode?
  • Evil! Evil! Evil! The Dave and Joel episode was "03/25/06 - Dino-escape! Dave's Daring Victory!"
  • It's one of the "Pre-31" episodes, found here.

I must say that I really like the opening song, and I certainly don't share Dave and Joel's opinion of the show. But it certainly isn't the best thing since bread or anything.
  • I certainly don't share Dave and Joel's opinion of the show
    Same here. I very much disagree with them.
  • JayJay
    edited July 2008
    I avoided this show after hearing Dave and Joels review of it, as my tastes and theirs rarely diverge. (Though I will never have as much love for Fist of the North Star as they do, perhaps I'm just not man enough to see the beauty). As a reasonable man I'd be willing to watch it though. Just what level of bad is this? Is this Kiddy Grade bad? Blood bad? If its better then those shows Ill give it a chance.
    Post edited by Jay on
  • It is part of the trifectum of pure evil along with DearS and Koi Kaze.
  • The anime never really did anything for me but I like the manga.
  • Just what level of bad is this? Is this Kiddy Grade bad? Blood bad? If its better then those shows Ill give it a chance.
    It isn't a bad anime. The beginning is horribly bloody and through out the show there are a lot of gory scenes, but I found the rest of the show entertaining. Id say you should just watch the first 3 episodes. If you don't like it - it won't get any better.
    The anime never really did anything for me but I like the manga.
    Where did you get the manga?
  • I personally loved this anime a lot. Gore and nudity are getting rarer these days in animes. The story is also very intriging and the action scenes are good and quick.
  • Where did you get the manga?
    I downloaded the first few volumes via torrent a few years ago and have been DDLing the rest off of StopTazmo as it became available.
  • Evil! Evil! Evil! The Dave and Joel episode was "03/25/06 - Dino-escape! Dave's Daring Victory!"
    The absolute best D&J; episode ever, thanks to the get-pumped music behind Dave's anti-dino monologue.

If you watched more than three episodes of Elfen Lied, I disown you.