This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Cosplaying

1789101113»

Comments

• Or majestic austerity?
    Rym in a tiara

Absolutely go with majestic austerity.

Well your camouflage should match your environment...
  • My kerbal engineer costume at DragonCon. image
  • That is an amazing group.
  • Comstocks from Bioshock Infinite
  • It's been said, but it bears repeating; y'all are damn good at this.
  • Right, forgot to bump this thread with my Halloween costume, Van Gogh's Self Portrait:
  • That's pretty boss.
  • A friend of mine is trying to build herself up in the cosplay community, so she's bringing 2-3 costumes for MAGFest. These are confirmed.

I hope she can get her 3rd costume ready. She'll look great. Also, I'll be doing my first cosplay, which is pretty goofy, but just as amazing. Katie thinks it'll be a big hit.

• Are you going to try and put your arm around girls at the convention?
  • The construction of the Sonic costume.. does not make sense to me. Artistic license and all, but... for me it doesn't really evoke the character very well.

Never heard of Mr. N but now I'm intrigued and must go look it up.
  • edited January 2014
    Omnutia said:

Are you going to try and put your arm around girls at the convention?

I'm thinking of recording Vine videos of Mr. N in public. Ideas include:

-Mr. N plays League of Legends
    -Mr. N talks to women
    -Mr. N plays Divekick
    -Mr. N at MAGFest
    Post edited by Nukerjsr on
  • Planning my cosplay for the next con season. I'mma have to shave my beard for a costumed event at my school (me and a friend are going as Marilyn Monroe and Jack Kennedy -- complete with head wound), so I might as well get as many cosplays out of beard-less me as I can. Currently leaning towards Oscar from Rose of Versailles and/or Dawn from Contrast. Oscar would be easy but expensive, whereas Dawn would be tricky but cheap.
  • I saw sonic... Good job.
  • Hey look, I cosplay too!
  • SWATrous said:

I saw sonic... Good job.

That Sonic costume is great, but confuses me in a very strange way.
  • Andrew said:

Hey look, I cosplay too!

Beard. So delicious.

• Seen at AB. Worlds most terrifying Fluttershy. Warning: possibly NSFL.
  • Well Greg, you were certainly correct, it's pretty dank.
  • For a Halloween Pub Crawl, I kind of decided last minute to dress up as Sans from Undertale. (Love the character to pieces) I pretty much have all the clothes already, but I could use some advice to anyone who's done serious makeup/costume work. What's it like to wear a baldcap? Do I need to keep an eye out for size or measure my skull? How long does it usually take to paint an entire head? I have some leeway deciding what clothes to wear, but my skull face needs to be on point.

Fanart for reference. If this goes well, I'd want to take this costume to MAGFest. And it'll give me inspiration to work on my big time project, Immortan Joe.
  • I was gonna try Jacket from Hotline Miami because I thought that would be easy.
  • Were I going to a party or something, I would be Mole from Hotline Miami. Just wear all purple and carry around the freedom spoon. However, seeing as I'm going to a Gary Clark Jr show instead, I'm just gonna be Bruce Springsteen c. 1974, because that's what I've modeled my daily look after anyway.
  • Nukerjsr said:

For a Halloween Pub Crawl, I kind of decided last minute to dress up as Sans from Undertale. (Love the character to pieces) I pretty much have all the clothes already, but I could use some advice to anyone who's done serious makeup/costume work. What's it like to wear a baldcap? Do I need to keep an eye out for size or measure my skull? How long does it usually take to paint an entire head? I have some leeway deciding what clothes to wear, but my skull face needs to be on point.

Sweaty, it helps but isn't absolutely nessassary, a few minutes unless you want to do something fancy like blending the cap to skin with putty, get someone who really knows what they're doing.

• Greg said:

Were I going to a party or something, I would be Mole from Monaco. Just wear all purple and carry around the freedom spoon. However, seeing as I'm going to a Gary Clark Jr show instead, I'm just gonna be Bruce Springsteen c. 1974, because that's what I've modeled my daily look after anyway.

• I'll be damned if that isn't the Los Angeles Convention Center.