This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Cosplaying

Comments

• Dibs on the Chairman!
    Which of the three?
    This guy
    http://www.serebii.net/manga/characters/president.shtml
  • edited August 2010
    I don't remember what the other two look like. I thought they all were short, white-haired, mustache'd old men in suits like the Kanto one.

[Edit] Scott beat me.
    Post edited by Sail on
    edited August 2010
    I don't remember what the other two look like. I thought they all were short, white-haired, mustache'd old men in suits like the Kanto one.
    Yeah. What's your point? They're very different in the games.
    Post edited by ... on
  • Personality-wise, I guess. But the Kanto one is the coolest.
  • Bah, all that asshole does is talk about and take pictures of this Rapidash of his. He's got a horn for that thing!
  • It is a popular misconception, but it turns out that cosplay is not a Broadway show about the life of Bill Cosby
  • Costumes I am planning for this years convention season:
    Pokona from Slayers Revolution
    Cobra from Space Adventure Cobra
    MOTHERFUCKING CAPTAIN HARLOCK. HELLS YEAH.
  • CAPTAIN HARLOCK FUCK YEAH!
    I would love to see a Captain Harlock cosplayer be the chessmaster in a human chess match. He's totally perfect for it.
  • I've cosplayed in the past but it's so embarrassing I dare not speak more of it.
  • I've cosplayed in the past but it's so embarrassing I dare not speak more of it.
    Regardless, I know you still have the pictures. PICTURES PICTURES PICTURES!!!!
    PYRAMIDS PYRAMIDS PYRAMIDS
    No one will ever take me seriously again if I post the picture(s). It's embarrassing, although I do admit the costume was beautifully made by a friend of mine.
    No one will ever take me seriously again if I post the picture(s). It's embarrassing, although I do admit the costume was beautifully made by a friend of mine.
    I dressed up like a character from Digimon, and both intend to wear that costume again and dress up like another character from Digimon. No one here treats me badly for it (They may occasionally treat me badly for other reasons, but whatever). Believe me, you're fine.
  • Mine's worse than that. It was crossplay, for one thing.
  • edited February 2011
    Mine's worse than that. It was crossplay, for one thing.
    That's not a problem.

I don't take you seriously already, but if I did, this would not be one of the reasons.

Therefore, PICS!
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • I'm not sure if that's meant to be encouraging or discouraging.
  • Mine's worse than that. It was crossplay, for one thing.
    I don't really see any problem with this. I always take everyone seriously, almost as a universal rule, even though this may be to my detriment. Rest assured, that some guy on the internet will take you seriously regardless of anything you do or may have done.
  • RymRym
    edited February 2011
    P1010025.JPG
    You can see the felt I taped to my knees and the fake fur I taped to my duster.

Naked Rym!
    Me ripping the half-shirt I'd cobbled together out of felt off in the club office.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • edited February 2011
    I'm not hesitating because I'm self conscious about how I look. I know I look good but any future serious arguments I may plan to involve myself in could be discredited by pictures of me dressed as Bridget.
    P1010025.JPG
    Wow Rym. Just wow.
    Post edited by Kaptain K on
  • You can see the felt I taped to my knees and the fake fur I taped to my duster.
    Nice duster, man.
  • I'm not hesitating because I'm self conscious about how I look. I know I look good but any future serious arguments I may plan to involve myself in could be discredited by pictures of me dressed as Bridget.
    What position do you hold that could be legitimately compromised by pictures of you in a Bridget costume?
  • Technically, cosplaying as Bridget for you would not be crossplay, as Bridget is male.
  • edited February 2011
    I'm not hesitating because I'm self conscious about how I look. I know I look good but any future serious arguments I may plan to involve myself in could be discredited by pictures of me dressed as Bridget.
    What position do you hold that could be legitimately compromised by pictures of you in a Bridget costume?
    I guess you have a point. I'll post pix when I get home.
    Technically, cosplaying as Bridget for you would not be crossplay, as Bridget is male.
    That's the whole reason why I got roped into doing it, their arguments were too sound.
    Post edited by Kaptain K on
  • Oh god that mustache needs to stay gone forever.
  • RymRym
    edited February 2011
    Oh god that mustache needs to stay gone forever.
    The day I turn 40, it's coming back. Imagine that thing with just a touch of silver. I'll be more powerful than you can ever imagine.

Lanky Linux nerd?
    Rym playing the piano

Or majestic austerity?
    Rym in a tiara
    Post edited by Rym on
  • that's exactly what I meant by "Wow". I meant "Wow I hope that stache was part of the costume and/or a joke".
  • Imagine that thing with just a touch of silver.
    I have, and it screams "sex offender" to me.
  • Imagine that thing with just a touch of silver.
    I have, and it screams "sex offender" to me.
    Or fireman.
  • Or fireman.
    Fire chief, specifically. Dude with that 'stache doesn't run into burning buildings.