This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Scott's Box - Beta #2

2»

Comments

• Well, I had some suggestions, such a Geeknights Puppet Theater or a nature documentary on the "habitat of the wild rym" with Scott as the filmmaker, but the guys would rather do stuff about car headlights and comics.
    What are you talking about? We said those were good ideas, and we would do them. You just seem to think because someone doesn't jump out of their chair and do something the second you come up with the idea that it has somehow been rejected.
  • That is a bit of a pity... it is odd to me that they wouldn't take advice on making films and videos from someone that actually knows how to make them.
    It's a matter of having the time to do it. Between the show itself, conventions, interviews, and all of the other things we're doing, we only have the time to work on one video project at a time. We have a hopper, and we're clearing it out bit by bit. ^_~
  • Well, it's Scott's camera, and he should make what he wants with it. He did take my advice a little bit on this last video, so that's cool.

Also, I thought it would be funny if we made a show called "Geek Fables" and it was stories, with all the names changed, from RIT.
  • edited July 2008
    Well, I had some suggestions, such a Geeknights Puppet Theater or a nature documentary on the "habitat of the wild rym" with Scott as the filmmaker, but the guys would rather do stuff about car headlights and comics.
    What are you talking about? We said those were good ideas, and we would do them. You just seem to think because someone doesn't jump out of their chair and do something the second you come up with the idea that it has somehow been rejected.
    You may not have intended it, but that came off incredibly condescending and rude. Emi gave some helpful suggestions to you and you should be grateful. I have seen you guys brush off suggestions that you later take up (giving little to no credit to those that gave the initial suggestion), so I am sure that it may have seemed like you weren't interested in Emi's ideas - based on your past actions.
    Also, I thought it would be funny if we made a show called "Geek Fables" and it was stories, with all the names changed, from RIT.
    I have some good ones from the RWAG crowd.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • jccjcc
    edited July 2008
    Well, I had some suggestions, such a Geeknights Puppet Theater or a nature documentary on the "habitat of the wild rym" with Scott as the filmmaker, but the guys would rather do stuff about car headlights and comics.
    You may not have intended it, but that came off incredibly condescending and rude. Emi gave some helpful suggestions to you and you should be grateful. I have seen you guys brush off suggestions that you later take up (giving little to no credit to those that gave the initial suggestion), so I am sure that it may have seemed like you weren't interested in Emi's ideas - based on your past actions.
    If it's happened more than once, I suspect that means that people are simply having trouble reading Scrym interest levels. There should be a chapter on it in the field guide Mrs. MacRoss seems to be compiling. :)
    Post edited by jcc on
  • edited July 2008
    There should be a chapter on it in the field guide Mrs. MacRoss seems to be compiling. :)
    I've had nothing to do at work this week, so I have been posting a lot on the forum. Sorry! ^_^

EDIT: Also, Rym and (more particularly) Scott are interest specimens to examine. As much as it may seem that I am ragging on them, I actually care about them a lot and there is just as much that they could rag on me about.
  • I thought it would be funny if we made a show called "Geek Fables" and it was stories, with all the names changed, from RIT.
    Dammit, Wayne!
  • I thought it would be funny if we made a show called "Geek Fables" and it was stories, with all the names changed, from RIT.
    Dammit,Wayne!
    Or the walking STD named Valissa!
  • but that came off incredibly condescending and rude.
    What a shock.
  • edited July 2008
    but that came off incredibly condescending and rude.
    What a shock.
    Pot, this is Kettle.... ^_~
  • Pot, this is Kettle.... ^_~
    Yeah... but I don't pretend to be otherwise.
    Dammit,Wayne!
    Ewwwww. I think every college has a girl like that.
  • edited July 2008
    Pot, this is Kettle.... ^_~
    Yeah... but I don't pretend to be otherwise.
    Does he? I have seen no evidence of it. Just because someone is open about being an asshole does not excuse them from assholishness. In fact, those that know they are assholes and continue on that path are arguably worse than those that do it without meaning to/being aware that they are.
    Dammit,Wayne!
    Ewwwww. I think every college has a girl like that.
    Not like her.... none like her.
  • edited July 2008
    I have seen no evidence of it. Just because someone is open about being an asshole does not excuse them from assholishness.
    Woah. I admitted to being condescending. You then suggest that I'm an asshole? Now you're the pot!

If someone is wrong, and you explain why they are wrong, and they choose to ignore you, I see nothing wrong with being condescending at that point.
    Post edited by Kilarney on
  • Scott's Box is getting into awesome territory. I made the link my blog post for today.
  • I have seen no evidence of it. Just because someone is open about being an asshole does not excuse them from assholishness.
    Woah. I admitted to being condescending. You then suggest that I'm an asshole? Now you're the pot!

If someone is wrong, and you explain why they are wrong, and they choose to ignore you, I see nothing wrong with being condescending at that point.
    I think being condescending and rude is equal to asshole behavior a lot of the time. That doesn't make a person an asshole all the time, just when they are acting like one (by being condescending, rude, self-centered, uncaring, callous, hurtful, etc.)
  • edited July 2008
    I must disagree with you on Fables, Scott. I found the first volume incredibly boring, so boring that I actually gave up on it 3/4 of the way through. I normally don't make practice of starting books of any type and never finishing them, no matter how much I don't like them, but I really could not find interest in it at all. The art is nice, though.

But, then again
    Rule # 98a
    There is not subjectivity. There is only what Scott Rubin likes and what Scott Rubin does not like.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • edited July 2008
    I must disagree with you on Fables, Scott. I found the first volume incredibly boring, so boring that I actually gave up on it 3/4 of the way through. I normally don't make practice of starting books of any type and never finishing them, no matter how much I don't like them, but I really could not find interest in it at all. The art is nice, though.
    Wtf is wrong with you? Are you sure we're reading the same book?
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • If it was this one then yeah, I didn't like it.
  • If it wasthis onethen yeah, I didn't like it.
    Good luck finding someone who agrees with you.
  • edited July 2008
    Good luck finding someone who agrees with you.
    Done.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Good and informative. I am also a whore for Neil Gaiman. Sandman 3 with Charles Vess did it for me.

I really like the idea of puppets. Maybe you should do like Otaking and make your own character?
  • Good and informative. I am also a whore for Neil Gaiman. Sandman 3 with Charles Vess did it for me.

I really like the idea of puppets. Maybe you should do like Otaking and make your own character?
    Scott's Box: Flash edition!
  • I have to agree with Scott, Fables is completely awesome.
  • I really enjoy Fables, but I do not think it is quite the level of awesomeness that Scott claims - in my opinion.
  • Scott's box is freakin' awesome. I know what comics I'll be picking up this month!
  • Fables vol. 1, as introductions go, sucks, if I hadn't heard how awesome it gets later on I would have dropped it.
  • Hey Scott, are we going to get a review of Y: The Last Man when you finish it? I would really like to know what you think of the ending.
  • I think it was very cool, although I am not a geek of the manga/comics persuasion, I thought you did a great job.