This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Guess who's getting paid...

edited July 2008 in Movies
... to watch The Dark Knight premier tonight?

I'll give you a clue: He's got two thumbs and loves cartoons. That's right. It's this guy. My newspaper's sending me to the 12:01 a.m. showing to "cover" it -- which means not only do I get to log the hours, but I get a free ticket.

Comments

• Awesome! Too bad you aren't seeing it in IMAX like someone else in this thread...
  • edited July 2008
    IMAX or regular theater?
    Awesome! Too bad you aren't seeing it in IMAX like someone else in this thread...
    NM. IMAX = awesome.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • I believe I will be going to the drive-in megaplex to see it, because that is where the crowd will be most accessible for interview. While it might be nice to see it in IMAX, my job is more about audience reaction.
  • I had to review and guage audiance reaction to "Spice World" for my college paper... that was the last time I filled in for the movie reviewer, I stuck to theatre review and women's issues afterward.
  • All I can say is that it's a welcome change from the police beat. I'm sick of covering fires and shootings and death and environmental panic.
  • I'm sick of covering fires and shootings and death and environmental panic.
    However, you'll be watching them on the big screen instead. ^_~

*jealousy!*

Good on ya, reporter Jason!
  • I'll see it tomorrow or Saturday.
  • Yet another reason to see The Dark Knight: Watchmen teaser.
  • Well, now I know exactly what I am going to be doing on March 3rd of 2009. I seriously doubt that the Watchmen movie will run any shorter than 2 and a half hours, and that it will be all awesome.
  • Underwhelming news: I didn't get to see much of the first half of the movie, because I was jamming out a rather lame story about Joker cosplayers showing up to the theater. So I walked out when I was done filing via wifi and bought tickets to watch the film tomorrow on my own time.
  • Underwhelming news: I didn't get to see much of the first half of the movie, because I was jamming out a rather lame story about Joker cosplayers showing up to the theater. So I walked out when I was done filing via wifi and bought tickets to watch the film tomorrow on my own time.
    Nice job missing your chance to see the fourth greatest movie ever made.
  • Nice job missing your chance to see thefourth greatest movie ever made.
    Ah, no. Everybody knows that the IMDB algorithm is busted. Brand new movies that get lots of attention and popular votes easily skyrocket to the top, only to be fixed with time.
  • Ah, no. Everybody knows that the IMDB algorithm is busted. Brand new movies that get lots of attention and popular votes easily skyrocket to the top, only to be fixed with time.
    That was the joke, Scott.
  • It's third greatest now.
  • It's third greatest now.
    It was a very good movie with compelling performances and incredible action; but it does not deserve to be considered among the greatest movies ever made.
  • I thought IMDB's top 250 was just an overview of what it is recommended you see now. If Batman overtakes The Shawshank Redemption (possibly my favorite film) then that just means it is currently more popular; As in, if you were given the choice to watch either today, there is a good chance you would choose Batman over Shawshank.