This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Let's talk about The Dark Knight (with Spoilers, if need be)

Comments

• I just got home from seeing the film. The bar has been raised for all superhero movies after this. I really hope that if there is a sequel, Christopher Nolan will finish the franchise. I really don't think anyone can do Batman justice after he leaves the director's chair.
    And did anyone tear up at the end, where Batman's fleeing the police after taking the rap for Dent's rampage?
    No, because I wanted to shout, "Fly away, you stupid fuck! They're on the ground! They can't get you in the air!" Fortunately, I was able to resist the urge.
  • This was an awesome movie, but too bad the movie is cursed. First Heath Ledger dies then the guy who played Lucius Fox died today.
  • edited August 2008
    This was an awesome movie, but too bad the movie is cursed. First Heath Ledger dies then the guy who played Lucius Fox died today.
    Wrong. Bernie Mac died, not Morgan Freeman.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • Bernie Mac died today also?!?! Wow everyone is dying.
  • Bernie Mac died today also?!?! Wow everyone is dying.
    Ummm ...I'm pretty sure Morgan Freeman is still alive. He was released from the hospital a few days ago after his car accident. Do you have any sources for your claim?
  • Oops, I think I messed up. Both actors look so similar, I just got them confused. I'm glad Freeman is the one still alive. I can't wait for the third movie.
  • edited August 2008
    Both actors look so similar, I just got them confused.
    I fail to see how they both look similar. However, it's very sad to hear of Bernie Mac's death.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • edited August 2008
    Both actors look so similar
    imageimage
    Yeah, I can totally see it.
    I need a brighter green. One that will fry your eye sockets.
    Post edited by Jason on
  • You guys make me laugh.
  • Yeah, I can totally see it.
    Yep. Very similar. Jason, you and your shenanigans. I had to do a double take and carefully inspect the pictures to make sure you weren't showing the same thing! :P
  • No, because I wanted to shout, "Fly away, you stupid fuck! They're on the ground! They can't get you in the air!" Fortunately, I was able to resist the urge.
    And how would he fly away? He has no jetpack, the only way he can go up, is either with his hookshot, which is useless to use on shipping containers (take time, thus takes longer to get to the bike, thus dogs catch up at the bike, thus shit happens), or if he's being pulled up by a plane. All the 'flying' outside of that is just gliding, down. If you would've said it, and I would've been in the same cinema, I'd laugh in your face.
    Perhaps from an angle? Hmm, no... perhaps in a quick glan-nope... Okay, I give up, I cannot see how they are not completely different.

@ Jen, hello, welcome to the forums.
  • edited August 2008
    the only way he can go up, is either with his hookshot,
    Morgan Freeman: "Batman, It's Dangerous to go alone! Take this!"
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited August 2008
    Yep. Very similar. Jason, you and your shenanigans. I had to do a double take and carefully inspect the pictures to make sure you weren't showing the same thing! :P
    It's . . . it's like they're twins. Spooky.
    Bernie Mac died today also?!?! Wow everyone is dying.
    It's like a fad. All the cool kids are doing it.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • It's like a fad. All the cool kids are doing it.
    BAD! BAD JIISAN! You're not supposed to make me laugh with that horrible sentence. BAD!
  • edited August 2008
    This just in: Twins.
    Post edited by Jason on
  • This just in: Twins.
    What? You mean the anti-hotlink images have twins?
  • edited August 2008
    Holy Crap! Now Isaac Hayes is dead!

You know, I've started to notice that all these people dying were in movies. Movies must be cursed!
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Obama is next.
  • All people mentioned are/were black, did you notice?
  • Obama is next.
    Maybe you'd be happier on 4chan.
  • JenJen
    edited August 2008
    What's 4chan? Obama is a murderer. I think his past will catch up with him eventually.
    Post edited by Jen on
  • What's 4chan?
    4chan is the rain on your parade.
    4chan is the splinter on the wooden porch.
    4chan is the poor melting of your delicious ice cream cone that causes it to fall on the hot sidewalk.
    4chan is your mom accidentally finding your stash of adult magazines.
    4chan IS. And for that, you should be scared.
  • What's 4chan?
    4chan is the poor melting of your delicious ice cream cone that causes it to fall on the hot sidewalk.
    So this 4chan is what Obama uses?
  • edited August 2008
    4chan is the terror that flaps in the night...
    Post edited by Churba on
  • 4chan is the terror that faps in the night...
  • Jen, welcome to the forums. Use teh google. When you are done, please explain why you think Obama is a murderer, in the Obama thread.
  • 4chan is the terror that faps in the night...
    Oh god, my sides hurt from laughing, awesome edit Neito.
  • 4chan also doesn't seem to be stable anymore, by the looks of it.
  • 4chan also doesn't seem to be stable anymore, by the looks of it.
    Their DNS server is down.