This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Let's talk about The Dark Knight (with Spoilers, if need be)

124»

Comments

• Holy Crap! Now Isaac Hayes is dead!
    Pity. He would have made an excellent child molester.

Did he crap his pants right before he died?

/insensitive
    //yet obligatory
    ///RIP Isaac Hayes
  • Ok, let's bring this back to topic. :P

Dark Knight #1 for 4th week in a row.
    The Dark Knight brought its overall domestic gross to $441.5 million today, per Exhibitor Relations estimates, moving the film to third among the all-time box office champs, and leaving it perhaps only a week away from trumping Star Wars for second place.

The Batman movie's Friday-Sunday take of $26 million gave the blockbuster its fourth-straight weekend box office win—a feat not accomplished since Lord of the Rings: Return of the King ruled in 2003-04.
    Not too bad.
  • 4chan also doesn't seem to be stable anymore, by the looks of it.
    Their DNS server is down.
    It's back up, sadly. :( It's horribly off-topic, but... the level of stupidity went up OVER 9000 times when the DNS came back up on /a/.
  • I found it very surprising that the Dark Knight failed in Japan.
  • I found it very surprising thatthe Dark Knight failed in Japan.
    Well, they had to fight a new Miyazaki movie, a fight they couldn't have hoped to win.
  • I finally saw this film last night and the thread pops up again so I thought I'd take a look now I don't care about spoilers. Some views on the film...

Good:
    - I thought the Joker was all hype, but the role was written and executed perfectly.
    - Kickass action. Though when Batman flipped the batbike on the wall the whole theater just burst out laughing.
    - Volunteer batmen lead by Scarecrow.
    - The mob bosses. I thought they were all great, especially Maroni and the Czech guy.
    - The opening bank heist. I had to look up William Fitchner's name, but I recognised the actor. My prediction is that he will be a villain in a future Batman.

Bad:
    - No batcave!
    - A bit long, but there was an intermission in our showing so I don't mind. They could have picked a better time for it though.
    - Killing Gordon. Like I believed that was going to really happen, he is the best actor/character in the films.

Other:
    - I kept forgetting I was watching a super hero movie, let alone a batman movie. Huge chunks of the film had more to do with the Police force, the gangs, the Joker, the mayor, the DA, etc, etc. I was really into that side of the story that at one point some guy put on a costume with pointy ears and I thought "Do we really need him? I'd prefer to see Gordon and Dent sort it out..."

And then I realised this was the point and the message of the film. Why should a city need a super hero? So I'm glad that at the end Gordon (or whoever was doing the VO) pretty much set it out that in the next film Batman may have a different role again.