This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Running Kobolds Ate My Baby... A Second Time.

edited July 2008 in Role Playing Games
About a year ago I ran a game of KAMB! for a few of my friends using the pre-made and hilarious town. We want to do it again but with some added new people. We're figuring that having some new people who haven't heard the jokes before will keep the game entertaining for those of us who have, even if we use the same pre-made town again.

But what I wanted to ask was if anyone knew of some good pre-made adventures for this game that existed online, since I'm not funny enough to make a new one myself. Also, what have your experiences with running this game a second time with the same map been?

Comments

• Why don't you use the random town chart in the back of the book?
  • edited July 2008
    Why don't you use the random town chart in the back of the book?
    Because it contains no witty flavor text for the locations randomly generated. As I said, I don't think I'm funny enough to do an adequate job.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Well, the only way to get better is to try. But honestly, as much as it may be reviled here, 4chan's /tg/ board might be a good place to ask. They tend to like to help newish DMs not fail.
  • edited July 2008
    I'm not talking about having trouble creating a setting or writing description. I'm talking about being funny while doing it. This is why I want another pre-made town like the one in the back.

But maybe I'll take a crack at it anyway.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Just finished a long session of KAMB!, twas fun. The damage: two paramedics, half a dozen centaur youths, an entire chicken coop (devoured by The Great Cthu-bold), a tavern full of children (oops, my bad), one fence, a black knight (crushed by a giant golden egg), a beehive, seven kobolds, and one slightly dropped baby.
  • Just finished a long session of KAMB!, twas fun. The damage: two paramedics, half a dozen centaur youths, an entire chicken coop (devoured by The Great Cthu-bold), a tavern full of children (oops, my bad), one fence, a black knight (crushed by a giant golden egg), a beehive, seven kobolds, and one slightly dropped baby.
    All hail King Torg!
  • ALL HAIL KING TORG!
  • This RPG sounds amazing.
  • This RPG sounds amazing.
    It's awesome to run once or twice with the same group, but any more and it gets stale.