This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Cowboy Bebop... Live-Action?

Comments

• edited July 2008
    I will gladly pony up my 7 dollars to watch the live action Cowboy Bebop.
    7 dollars?! Christ, where in gods unholy name do you live? I pay 11 in Queens, NY. Go to the city and its like 14.
    Yay! Queens!

Sorry... had to say that :)
    Post edited by ColombianShadow on
  • 7 dollars?! Christ, where in gods unholy name do you live? I pay 11 in Queens, NY. Go to the city and its like 14.

Posted By: gomidogOnly 7?! Where do you LIVE?! (Lucky for movie watching.)
    Last I checked at our local multi-screen cineplex it's only 7 bucks for a night show. Matinee will run you five bucks. Of course, I live in the BFE part of Illinois, too. Drive half an hour and you can catch the second-run stuff for 6 bucks for any show. Of course, they rape you on the cost of popcorn and soda, but what can you really do about that aside from not buy it? *shrug*
  • Of course, they rape you on the cost of popcorn and soda, but what can you really do about that aside from not buy it? *shrug*
    A bag of popcorn for me is between 4 and 7 dollars . . . How bad can yours be?
  • I live in Austin Texas. It has been over a year since I last went to the theater. I also tend to go during the day when I watch a movie. You get to avoid the large crowds and save a few bucks by doing so. I also don't buy snacks or drinks at the theater. I'm a cheap bastard what can I say.
  • I live in rural bum-fuck Pennsylvania. The local theater costs $7.50 for a non-matinee showing.
  • I live in Austin Texas. It has been over a year since I last went to the theater. I also tend to go during the day when I watch a movie. You get to avoid the large crowds and save a few bucks by doing so. I also don't buy snacks or drinks at the theater. I'm a cheap bastard what can I say.
    To me, not going to the movies for a year would be torture unless I was somehow separated from the ability of going (i.e. living up in a mountain with no way to get down). I really love the big screen, and I usually get free small popcorns from my regal card.
  • The chain theatres around here all charge $12.50 CDN for tickets. The best price I can find is with an independent theatre that charges (I think) $9.
  • Normally I'd say "It could be worse", but, honestly, I don't know how it could get worse after this.
  • Normally I'd say "It could be worse", but, honestly, I don't know how it could get worse after this.
    Barney the Dinosaur as Ed.
  • Oh, what a fuckin' fail.
  • I think I am going to be sick.
    bargle bargle bargle bargle bargle. Is this a fricking joke! bargle bargle bargle bargle.
  • Of course, they rape you on the cost of popcorn and soda, but what can you really do about that aside from not buy it? *shrug*
    Having once worked in a theater, I can tell you right now that movie tickets themselves are nowhere near enough to keep a theater afloat. Most studios charge a ridiculous reel rental fee, and anywhere from a $2-3 flat fee to an 80-90% commission per ticket. It's the drastically overpriced popcorn and pop that pays the power, water, heat and wages, along with the remainder of the reel rental for less popular movies.
  • I predict this will be as bad as the live action Speed Racer. Speed Racer – worst movie ever created.
  • Speed Racer – worst movie ever created.
    You finally speak some truth.
  • You finally speak some truth.
    I know, I was surprised.
    I think we're starting to grow on Jen a little bit, as she is on us. It's like a wacky sitcom or a JRPG plot!
    I think we're starting to grow on Jen a little bit, as she is on us. It's like a wacky sitcom or a JRPG plot!
    Jen is the cousin that joins the sitcom.
  • Why is it that after Jen joins and we all acknowledge her(it?) as a troll, the forum quickly devolves into a large 4chan thread with the sole intent of bashing her?

Every thread that Jen posts in seems to immediately turn into a discussion about her, or something closely resembling that. Can we please, for the love of the FSM, let this go?
  • Why is it that after Jen joins and we all acknowledge her(it?) as a troll, the forum quickly devolves into a large 4chan thread with the sole intent of bashing her?

Every thread that Jen posts in seems to immediately turn into a discussion about her, or something closely resembling that. Can we please, for the love of the FSM, let this go?
    The only way we can let this go is if we snuff her out. For the Greater Good,For the Greater Good, For the Greater Good, For the Greater Good, For the Greater Good, For the Greater Good, For the Greater Good, For the Greater Good, For the Greater Good......
  • For the Ggreater Ggood, Ffor the Ggreater Ggood, Ffor the Ggreater Ggood, Ffor the Ggreater Ggood, Ffor the Ggreater Ggood, Ffor the Ggreater Ggood, Ffor the Ggreater Ggood, Ffor the Ggreater Ggood, Ffor the Ggreater Ggood......
    Copy-paste is great and all, but at least bother typing "for the greater good, " out once before you spam copies of that with Ctrl+V.
  • Someone here never watched Hot Fuzz eh? LOL
  • never watched Hot Fuzz eh? LO
    I feel sorry for myself (not in the self referential way), as he hasn't experienced the concept of "funny" if he hasn't seen this movie.
  • Someone here never watched Hot Fuzz eh? LOL
    I feel sorry for myself (not in the self referential way), as he hasn't experienced the concept of "funny" if he hasn't seen this movie.
    Stop quoting the half of sentences or words if it makes no sense to do so. Sure, quoting from the word "[N]ever" onwards does fit, but why the hell quote "LO" besides it? Secondly, unless you have experienced every way something can be funny, don't bore one with your holier-than-thou nonsense. Thirdly, I have seen the trailers of Hot Fuzz, did not like them, now note how every trailer has in it the greatest moments in the film.
  • GeoGeo
    edited August 2008
    Someone herenever watched Hot Fuzz eh? LOL
    Stop quoting the half of sentences or words if it makes no sense to do so. Sure, quoting from the word "[N]ever" onwards does fit, but why the hell quote "LO" besides it? Secondly, unless you have experienced every way something can be funny, don't bore one with your holier-than-thou nonsense. Thirdly, I have seen the trailers of Hot Fuzz, did not like them, now note how every trailer has in it the greatest moments in the film.
    My advice is to actually rent the movie before you pass judgment on a film that you haven't watched. I didn't see the trailers for Hot Fuzz, but I went anyway and I had a blast. Trailers don't mean a thing in the context of the overall content of a movie, their only purpose is to bring to your attention that a film exists and the studio leaves the decision up to you if you want to see the film they are advertising. By the way, not every trailer has it's greatest moments in it. There are however exceptions to this such as Meet the Spartans which had NO good moments whatsoever in it because the film itself was absolute drivel and the trailer was a GREAT indication as to how ass the movie was going to be, yet morons paid to see it anyway (I actually happen to be one of those morons and actually paying to see that garbage is something I deeply regret due to my being an avid moviegoer who'll only go see thing that look worthwhile). In my honest opinion, I think films should only have crucial scenes edited in and not the moments that define exactly what a film stands for because if it did, then what's to expect of the film itself? My point is, is that trailers don't define the entire movie experience in just two minutes, you have to actually see the movie before you can make a clear and justifiable review of a film. Sorry about the rant, but I felt like this had to be said.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • So it sounds like a cool idea for the Cowboy Bebop live action movie. Then again, a while back I could have said the same thing about the Dragonball live action movie, and then I saw pictures and something made me die a little inside. I think it's too soon to really judge.
    ...Except if it is true rumor that Keanu Reeves is playing Spike. Then a large part of me may die inside. D:
  • By the way, not every trailer has it's greatest moments in it.
    Okay, 'every' was an exaggeration, but my point is still correct, at least it is in my personal experiences. Every film I wanted to watch in the cinema, had the most awesome parts of the film in the trailer. Latest example, Batman, flipping truck is awesome, it is also in the trailer.
    Sorry about the rant, but I felt like this had to be said.
    No problem, now unwhisper that comment for other people might find it interesting.
    ...Except if it is true rumor that Keanu Reeves is playing Spike. Then a large part of me may die inside. D:
    Please kill me first.
  • There's nothing about Cowboy Bebop that would make it difficult to adapt to live action. Honestly, the only thing you'd need to make it work are very good actors that adhere to the characters.
  • edited August 2008
    Please kill me first.
    Bang!.. Dude.

IMO, Knocking on heaven's door was all the move Cowboy Bebop ever needed.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • IMO, Knocking on heaven's door was all the move Cowboy Bebop ever needed.
    True, but it wouldn't hurt it if the movie turned out awesome.