This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fast Karate Is Awsome

It goes with out saying that Fast Karate For the Gentleman is THE best podcast on the internet. So what's your favorite episodes, lines, and anything funny from the podcast.

Mine personally is the Dino-vasion! and the Elfen Lied episodes, Mostly because Dave's whole story about fighting stinking dinos makes me laugh so hard every time I hear it.

So share, what is your favorite lines, wisdom, and episodes of the Fast Karate For the Gentleman?

Comments

• Why are you starting such a redundant thread?
  • Why are you starting such a redundant thread?
    QFT! It is known by the majority (cannot say all anymore now) of the forum members here, that Fast Karate for the Gentleman is awesome. If you have a favourite episode, or line, or joke, or whatever, you must be doing something wrong, for every single episode of Fast Karate for the Gentleman is THE BEST episode of Fast Karate for the Gentleman.

To all readers who have not checked out Fast Karate for the Gentleman, stop reading, start laughing while listening to the greatness of Dave and Joel's Fast Karate for the Gentleman.
  • If you have a favourite episode, or line, or joke, or whatever, you must be doing something wrong, for every single episode of Fast Karate for the Gentleman is THE BEST episode of Fast Karate for the Gentleman.
    Actually, I would submit that the best joke on Fast Karate is at 39:14 in episode "05/16/07- That wasn't Sid Meier, that was the UNIVERSE," on account of Sid Meier being a game developer god.
  • Nausicaa,
    Nausicaa?

Desert Punk,
    Desert Punk?
  • Nausicaa,
    Nausicaa?

Desert Punk,
    Desert Punk?
    I believe it was

NAJICAAAA!!!

DESERT PUUUNNNKKKK!!!!

not Nausica which was pretty awesome.
  • Do not confuse Nausicaa and Najica. Huge difference! Like chocolate and shit.
  • edited July 2008
    NAJICAAAA!!!

DESERT PUUUNNNKKKK!!!!
    I never got that joke. Maybe I missed an episode.

I think my favorite Fast Karate moment was, I think it was in the M.D. Geist episode, where they were talking about playing basketball against robot dinosaurs.
    Post edited by Funfetus on
  • The best joke is when they said that the only proper responses to being told you can pilot a giant robot is "awesome!" or "ok seya later!" because your already flying away in it.
  • Does Valiant Denim count?
  • Does Valiant Denim count?
    You'd think they'd have made another one of those by now, right?
  • The best episode of Fast Karate is the Detective Conan episode.
  • edited July 2008
    Dino-vasion would be best bit IMO. The Detective Conan and the MLK story sent in were also epic moments from me.
    Post edited by Boy Blue on
  • What surprises me is that Dave has not responded to this thread.
  • eep. I can't believe I made such a mistake! Please forgive me, Dave! (or Joel...which of them frequent this forum?)
  • I think Dave does and Joel doesn't.
  • I think the one about Steel Battalion was the best. I listen to that episode over and over, and laugh every time.
  • I laughed out loud against my will at work when I listened to the Detective Conan episode. Bear Stealth is a pretty close second to that.
  • Bear Stealth was fucking unreal. I laughed so hard about that shizzle.
  • Fast Karate is the funniest but the third best podcast out there, right behind GeekNights and Extralife Radio.
  • Oh good, a thread full of love for the "fast karaters", one of the best podcasts out there, no doubt about it. Even though they deliver the funnies on a regular basis, here's one of my favorite bits:

"You'd think Link would just see that coming and go find him if anything went down. Ganon's in his room, eating a bowl of cereal after he had stolen something:

-"Oh, it's going to be at least 30 hours before he finds me"

...and Link STABS him right through his head, into his bowl of cereal:

-I TOLD YOU BITCH! DON'T MESS WITH ME! I'M CRAZY!I'VE GOT THE TRIFORCE!"
  • I think my favourite one is where they talk about Boogie Pop Phantom, this one, and then they start talking about how awesome gummy bears are: GUMMY BEAR SHIELD
  • "I'm Shockwave, bitch!"
  • NAJICAAAA!!!

DESERT PUUUNNNKKKK!!!!
    I never got that joke. Maybe I missed an episode.
    AWO Show 69a

It's near the very end of the show. Daryl had sent an email to Fast Karate guys about Elfen Lied. Dave goes off on a rant. During which he starts shouting Najicaa multiple times. It's kind of become a war cry to incite strife in the otaku heart.
  • GeoGeo
    edited August 2008
    I though Dave's line about how he made a diagram for his old college roommate showing what will happen should he leave the fridge door open or closed from the Wii Play episode was absolutely hysterical in my opinion.

In that same episode I also thought "Soda Popinski is punching my fucking face in Doc!!" was just as hysterically funny as the aforementioned line.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • I still listen to the poison episode.
    Hahaha just thinking about it is making me laugh.
    "Maybe it'll be good."
    Oh how wrong you were.
    "P-E-A you sickos..."
  • I was in study hall when I listened to the poison episode. I tried so hard not to laugh, but people kept looking at me like I was crazy or something.
  • Some of my favorites are the Dear S and Elfen Lied episodes. Dave and Joel are funniest when they truly despise whatever they're talking about.
  • I know there are many great Dave & Joel moments, however one of my favorites was "QUAID USE THE REACTOR!" episode where they responded to Paul Chapman from Greatest Movie EVER! Podcast and their episode on "Total Recall". Dave's impression of Paul Chapman was hilarious.
  • beware, sergeant stiletto, of the posing podcasters. They hate their fans.

The bully is only cool, if he is on your side. Join the rebellion, people.

Rant on Fast Karate

-dd
  • beware, sergeant stiletto, of the posing podcasters. They hate their fans.
    The bully is only cool, if he is on your side. Join the rebellion, people.
    Rant on Fast Karate
    -dd
    WTF? Seriously, you need to go somewhere else to promo your stuff. Dave & Joel totally pwned you on their podcast because you did not ask for permission to broadcast their stuff. You got bitter and had a hissy fit of a response. I think I can honestly say no one here really wants to hear or look at what you have to say.