This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Vista Disk Management help

edited July 2008 in Everything Else
Alright, awhile ago I installed Ubuntu. Many months and incompatibilities later, I've uninstalled it. Everything's fine, Vista boots fine, the mbr is fine, and I've deleted the Ubuntu partition just fine.
My question is...how can I add the green "free space" partition into my OC (c:) partition?

Comments

• Right click on your C: drive and select "extend volume."

Is that 1.06 GB your linux swap partition? If so you should delete that too before you extend the partition.
  • Not sure if it's the swap partition, to be honest. I can live without the 1.06gb, too, so I'm not gonna mess with it.

But what should I do now?

• You sir, are SOL. As they say, "the 600 lb gorilla sits where ever it likes."
  • The only idea I have is that maybe some defragmentation will light that bad boy up. Chances are slim, but not none.
  • I think you might have to blow away that 1.06 swap partition, chances of that are slim as well. :(
  • Try the Gparted boot disk.
  • Try the Gparted boot disk.
    NOOOOOOOOO, linux can't properly resize a Vista NTFS last I checked, you risk losing everything.
  • edited July 2008
    There are ways around this.
    Davis, you risk loosing everything no matter what you do. Back the fuck up.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • You could try Partition Magic. Though you'd have to buy or pirate it.