This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 080728 - Stealing Wifi

edited July 2008 in GeekNights
Tonight on GeekNights we discuss the legal and moral implications of using open wireless access points. In the news we discuss the new search engine Cuil, and the FCC's decision to punish Comcast.

Scott's Thing - Rockafire Explosion
Rym's Thing - Not the Bees!

Comments

• Scott, your thing of the day is fucking awesome! Chuck e Cheese will never be the same again.
  • I think the low quality of YouTube videos makes the animatronic beasts less frightening.
  • Of course the first thing I put in the Cuil search engine was my own name. The top result is a link to my wikipedia entry (which is already full of crap) alongside a picture of someone who isn't me. Not a good sign! I'll check the show out to get your thoughts soon.
  • lmao, I too put my name into cuil as the first thing I searched for. It returned 11ty Billion results for my twitter page but no other online results which google actually does return that are somewhat more relevant.

Listening to the podcast shortly.
  • I had to do a double take and rewind at 38:14 when Rym said "It should be itchy too." Scott immediately responds with,"Right." Then you get a short pause. It made me lol.
  • I had to do a double take and rewind at 38:14 when Rym said "It should be itchy too." Scott immediately responds with,"Right." Then you get a short pause. It made me lol.
    Rym is presently experiencing an allergic reaction to medication.
  • ym is presently experiencing an allergic reaction to medication.
    You guys were referring to how stupidity should hurt. I thought Rym just said that to throw you off. >.>
  • edited July 2008
    I think the low quality of YouTube videos makes the animatronic beasts less frightening.
    Maybe so, but this one still scared the shit out of me.

Post edited by Walker on
  • Why...Why did his eyes have to cross like that...
  • I think the low quality of YouTube videos makes the animatronic beasts less frightening.
    That's because you can't here the grinding of gears and the pressurized burst of what can only be orphan blood that propel these instruments of madness to preform their terrible hell symphony.
  • Scott's thing of the day made me literally lol...
  • So what's the view on programs that automatically connect to any open wireless access point? It seems a bit like training your dog to "go fetch the paper" instead of "go fetch my paper".
  • So what's the view on programs that automatically connect to any open wireless access point? It seems a bit like training your dog to "go fetch the paper" instead of "go fetch my paper".
    You mean, like Windows?