This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Finding Sanctuary Vol. 7

edited July 2008 in Manga/Comics
Greetings FRC Forums,

I'm trying to track down a copy of Sanctuary Vol. 7, before I go on vacation in August. I've tried Amazon, ebay, google searching, amazon.ca, etc, etc. Does anyone have any used book sites, or a copy that they would like to get rid of? Thanks!

Larry

PS - All other volumes are available from Amazon, or Amazon Marketplace, as of this posting, for reasonable prices.

Comments

• It seems like you've already checked the Amazon and eBay, so I don't know how much success you'll have online. I'll keep an eye out on the convention circuit. I mean, I already buy any Sanctuary volumes I see, but I'll keep an extra eye out this year.
  • Hey, thanks for your replies. Omnutia, that website lists the book, but it's listed as discontinued/backordered.

Scott, conventions might be my last resort. You're going to Otakon, right? Would you mind calling or emailing me if you see it while you're there? I live in the Washington Metro area, so Baltimore is only about one hour away.
  • Scott, conventions might be my last resort. You're going to Otakon, right? Would you mind calling or emailing me if you see it while you're there? I live in the Washington Metro area, so Baltimore is only about one hour away.
    If you're that close, and you're a fan, why aren't you going?
  • I'm not that much of an anime fan to go to a con. Also, $65 to buy a $15 book is slightly ridiculous.
  • I'm not that much of an anime fan to go to a con. Also, $65 to buy a $15 book is slightly ridiculous.
    But you're enough of a fan to read Sanctuary? $80 for a book is ridiculous, so what is the point of us calling you if the dealer's room has it? Mail will be cheaper than the gas you use to get there, and it's horribly inconvenient for someone to try to meet up with you to deliver the book.
  • Volume 7 is impossible to find. I've previously tried extensively searching the internet but to no avail. The rest is easy as pie to find compared to 7. Even if it were to appear on Half.com its going to be priced at over $60.
  • Yes, I do like to read Sanctuary. It's a good story.

I didn't think about having you mail it to me, since I thought that would be a bigger inconvenience than just walking outside the con to a waiting car.
  • I didn't think about having you mail it to me, since I thought that would be a bigger inconvenience than just walking outside the con to a waiting car.
    I don't think you understand how much of an inconvenience it is to wait in a car near the convention, or to walk around outside the convention center looking for one person. If you live so close, you really should come to the con and enjoy it. If you are a Sanctuary fan, you obviously appreciate the mangas. There will be plenty for you to enjoy at the convention. You also have the luxury of not needing a hotel.
  • Just thought I would let you guys know, I found a copy on ebay. It is in perfect condition, except for that the glue holding the cover on has failed. The pages are still holding together, though.

Does anyone know of a way to re-glue the cover back on, in a reputable manner?
  • Just thought I would let you guys know, I found a copy on ebay. It is in perfect condition, except for that the glue holding the cover on has failed. The pages are still holding together, though.

Does anyone know of a way to re-glue the cover back on, in a reputable manner?
    I also have the failing glue problem on many older books bound in the same manner. The solution is simply to get new glue, but I don't know what glue, or how to apply it properly.
  • That's the information I was hoping to find here.
  • edited November 2008
    Any contact glue or wood glue will do. Just make sure its acid/solvent free.
    Post edited by MrRoboto on
  • Did a quick google, thought this might help you, Scott:

http://www.wikihow.com/Repair-a-Paperback-Book

I plan on trying it out as soon as I order the plastic glue they recommend.
  • Formatted a downloaded scan of the Viz books for Kindle and it reads perfectly. I can see why people love this series so much.
  • Greetings Programs,
    Do you fight for the Users?