This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Morroblivion: The Resurrection of Morrowind

edited July 2008 in Video Games
Holy fuck! I'm a huge TES fanboy and Kotaku just posted this awesome mod. It's the entire Morrowind game, but converted to the Oblivion engine! It looks amazing! I'm going to try it out today to see how everything works. Not to mention that the Oblivion combat is a tremendous improvement over the Morrowind system.

Morroblivion

Old Morrowind
New Morrowind

EDIT: Further investigation has discovered that you can only explore the world. There are no quests, dialog, scripts in the mod yet. Bummer.

Comments

• Just wait, they'll surface soon.
  • Why don't you just play Oblivion?
  • Why don't you just play Oblivion?
    Because, compared to Morrowind, the world of Oblivion is bland and uninteresting.
  • Oblivion is still a great fucking game, not to mention there's tons of mods that fix the blandness.
  • Oblivion is still a great fucking game
    I found it incredibly tedious and uninteresting, to be honest.
    there's tons of mods that fix the blandness.
    Wait, it's a great fucking game, yet it needed tons of mods to fix its blandness?
  • Oblivion was everything that Morrowind wasn't, yet didn't do any of the things Morrowind did well. The biggest improvement was with the combat system. Not only did swinging your sword feel more kinetic, but you knew when you actually hit something. Yet Oblivion didn't have the depth in dialog nor quests that Morrowind had. This is due to the change from a pure text based system (where its easy to make every NPC an individual) to a 100% voice acted dialog system. The problem with voice acting is that you can only have so much audio, so a lot of it was reused, not to mention that they only had so many voice actors. I really wished they would go back to text based dialog.
  • Oblivion is still a great fucking game
    I found it incredibly tedious and uninteresting, to be honest.
    there's tons of mods that fix the blandness.
    Wait, it's a great fucking game, yet it needed tons of mods to fix its blandness?
    It's a good game by itself, but the wilderness can get repetitive, so there's a lot of mods that individualize the landscape and makes it look amazing, I have no problem with the blandness, in fact, I did not really notice any of it until I started to download mods.

To each his own, I enjoy thoroughly.
  • I think I like Oblivion more because you can ride a horse. ^__^