This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Exercise Pill

edited July 2008 in Everything Else
I want this so bad! Do you think it might really work?

Comments

• Burning calories is different than exercise. Part of what makes your muscles nice and toned is use.
  • Burning calories is different than exercise. Part of what makes your muscles nice and toned is use.
    I don't care about tone right now. I just want to burn some fat while laying on my couch.
  • This would definitely help the morbidly obese people. They could at least use this as an attempt to get out of their vicious circle.
  • Sounds like an interesting way to possibly kick start some inspiration in people to go ahead and get a little exercise. It'll be interesting to see how far this can go.
  • I know if I lost a few pounds I could do a decent amount a pushups...and by decent I mean fair... and by fair I mean 10.
  • This sounds similar to all of the diet pills I keep seeing in infomercials. It sounds like an excuse to be lazy. If your fat could really melt away without exercise, I would be afraid of crazy side effects. Trying to get rid of fat isn't the only reason people should exercise, yet that seems to be all we care about these days- being lazy, skinny, and healthy all at the same time.
  • edited August 2008
    Everybody needs to get over it and just run their ass around the block a few times. Humans didn't evolve to be stationary 23 hours out of the day. If you don't use your body, it's going to fall apart, regardless of how much fat a pill can burn for you.
    Post edited by Funfetus on
  • edited August 2008
    This sounds similar to all of the diet pills I keep seeing in infomercials.
    It might sound like them, but those infomercial things are basically just herbs. This thing is supposed to actually work.
    Humans didn't evolve to be stationary 23 hours out of the day.
    Well, these days we're pretty stationary, so something like this would be great for someone who doesn't have the time to devote to an exercise regimen. Further, the article says that the drug makes exercise more efficient, so I think the benefit would be like what Mr. Sonic said: First you could lose some pounds to make exercise easier to start (for example, I know that if I lost 15-20 pounds, it would be a lot easier to start doing any sort of exercise), then once you've started, your exercise would be a lot more efficient than normal.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • First you could lose some pounds to make exercise easier to start (for example, I know that if I lost 15-20 pounds, it would be a lot easier to start doing any sort of exercise), then once you've started, your exercise would be a lot more efficient than normal.
    Still, if all the pill does is accelerate calorie burning, you could simply eat fewer calories to begin with.
  • Still, if all the pill does is accelerate calorie burning, you could simply eat fewer calories to begin with.
    No. If the pill accelerates calorie burning, then you could take the pill and consume even more calories. Never, never consume less calories voluntarily, especially if there's a pill that will burn them off for you.
  • No. If the pill accelerates calorie burning, then you could take the pill and consume even more calories. Never, never consume less calories voluntarily, especially if there's a pill that will burn them off for you.
    You are my hero.
  • Still, if all the pill does is accelerate calorie burning, you could simply eat fewer calories to begin with.
    No. If the pill accelerates calorie burning, then you could take the pill and consume even more calories. Never, never consume less calories voluntarily, especially if there's a pill that will burn them off for you.
    I've heard crystal meth does wonders for weight loss.
  • So this isn't just burning off fat but actually mimicking the chemical effects of exercising? This will probably end up giving you six kinds of cancer but I hope it works.
  • I've heard crystal meth does wonders for weight loss.
    Yes, and it has very few side-effects!
  • So this isn't just burning off fat but actually mimicking the chemical effects of exercising? This will probably end up giving you six kinds of cancer but I hope it works.
    Yeah, that was my first thought - but I have cancer paranoia.
  • Humans didn't evolve to be stationary 23 hours out of the day.
    Well, these days we're pretty stationary, so something like this would be great for someone who doesn't have the time to devote to an exercise regimen. Further, the article says that the drug makes exercise more efficient, so I think the benefit would be like what Mr. Sonic said: First you could lose some pounds to make exercise easier to start (for example, I know that if I lost 15-20 pounds, it would be a lot easier to start doing any sort of exercise), then once you've started, your exercise would be a lot more efficient than normal.
    Unless you work from the moment you wake up to the time you go to sleep, you have time to exercise. You don't need to put in hours every day to get in shape. Hell, even without exercise, most people with weight problems these days could just eat better/less and be in decent shape.
  • Science to the rescue again.