This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Good hip-hop.

Comments

• I like the clever way Jay-Z constructs some of his more recent songs and a few of his older ones especially "The Black Album".
    The content of Jay-Z's songs are largely laughable, but he can rhyme like a motherfucker.
  • I like the clever way Jay-Z constructs some of his more recent songs and a few of his older ones especially "The Black Album".
    The content of Jay-Z's songs are largely laughable, but he can rhyme like a motherfucker.
    That's what I admire about the songs. I guess that's what I meant by "clever".
  • The content of Jay-Z's songs are largely laughable, but he can rhyme like a motherfucker.
    This is why Eminem frustrates me so. He would be an awesome artist if he wasn't so full of shit.
  • This is why Eminem frustrates me so. He would be an awesome artist if he wasn't so full of shit.
    He's another. Incredible rhyme skills, absolutely bullshit content. A lot worse than Jay-Z, actually. I still really enjoy listening to Jay-Z, and not ALL of his stuff is dumb gangster fantasies. It's hard to listen to Eminem.
  • This is why Eminem frustrates me so. He would be an awesome artist if he wasn't so full of shit.
    He's another. Incredible rhyme skills, absolutely bullshit content. A lot worse than Jay-Z, actually. I still really enjoy listening to Jay-Z, and not ALL of his stuff is dumb gangster fantasies. It's hard to listen to Eminem.
    Really? I've always liked Eminem's lyrics, and his content (the stuff without G-Unit anyways) more.
  • Really? I've always liked Eminem's lyrics, and his content (the stuff without G-Unit anyways) more.
    Well, to be fair, maybe I haven't listened to enough Eminem. Maybe I'll try to choke some down.

• This is dedicated to Rym. He loves Hamasaki Ayumi.
  • edited May 2009
    Freestyling!

Post edited by Walker on
  • Do you like Zelda? Do you like MF Doom? You can thank me later.
  • edited June 2009
    All of some of Ocarina of Rhyme is fantastic.
    Post edited by whatever on
  • All ofOcarina of Rhymeis fantastic.
    No, it's not. The Dre and Aesop tracks are horrible. Clipse, Jay-Z, and Doom are awesome. The rest are mediocre.
  • All of some ofOcarina of Rhymeis fantastic.
    Ugh... Those mixes mostly suck. Knockin' Doorz Down especially had me cringing, because I love Pimp C and that song, and the mix was just horrible.
  • haven't seen anyone mention Aesop Rock, though I know nothing about hip hop, so y'all can shoot me down if you want

also, Greydon Square is cool if you dig atheist rappers (a rarity)

-F
  • edited June 2009
    haven't seen anyone mention Aesop Rock, though I know nothing about hip hop, so y'all can shoot me down if you want
    I'm surprised I haven't mentioned him yet. I'm a big fan of Aes' style, though at times his lyrics can be a little too obtuse. I'd put him in the same camp as El-P in that sense; I love them, but sometimes I just can't figure out what the hell they're talking about.

As a side note, El-P is a fucking incredible producer.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • I don't really dig El-P's rapping, but his production on Cannibal Ox's The Cold Vein is fantastic.
  • Started watching some MC Supernatural battles and now I'm listening to Black Star. I need some new hip-hop recommendations.
  • Started watching some MC Supernatural battles and now I'm listening to Black Star. I need some new hip-hop recommendations.
    I've been enjoying Brother Ali, Junk Science, and Army of the Pharaohs lately.

• I'm addicted to this song. Hell, whenever I'm not feeling my own lyrics I listen to anything on the Sick Of Wasting mixtape and it makes me want to write more.
  • This rules, thanks for posting it pal.

• Boosie kills it... Right now I'm thinking he's the best living rapper.
  • I am a big fan of Pharaohe Monch and Dead Prez. Also, Butterfingers, The Streets, and Mac Lethal. And let's not forget MF DOOM.
  • Does DJ Shadow count?
  • Not a hip hop song, but still, very, very related.

• That's actually a book I'd be very interested in reading.
  • That's actually a book I'd be very interested in reading.
    He was on Colbert the other day talking about it.
  • edited October 2009
    Felt (Slug, Murs, and newcomer Aesop Rock on production) has a new album coming out on November 17th. I'm looking forward to this.

Post edited by Walker on
  • edited October 2009
    Boosie kills it... Right now I'm thinking he's the best living rapper.
    You've got to be joking. This is like ICP bad.
    I don't really dig El-P's rapping, but his production on Cannibal Ox's The Cold Vein is fantastic.
    I listened to Funcrusher Plus by Company Flow. El-P can rap really well. I guess I'll have to listen to his solo stuff again.
    Post edited by whatever on