This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Good hip-hop.

Comments

• If you can't feel UGK, I just cant understand what you're thinking...
    Come on, his favorite rapper is a British born, east-coast influenced lyricist who spits over jazz beats. Clearly UGK is not his style.
  • Most of my comments have been written under the influence of 20 hours on the greyhound, combined with some pills I got from some guy halfway through... Still, UGK is awesome, I dont know any hipsters that lose their shit over them, they are just plain old school southern rap. I'm scared to read the verses I wrote at 3AM while I was apparently licking tbe walls and freestyling in my seat...
  • I'm scared to read the verses I wrote at 3AM while I was apparently licking tbe walls and freestyling in my seat...
    I would be more afraid of the diseases you could get from licking the walls of a Greyhound bus.
  • Well, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be:

I come to your crown, ridin' on the chrome stallion
    When your momma see me, she say that I'm a rapscallion
    When it come to paper, you never see me dallying
    When it come to battle, you'll only see me sallying
    Forth, carrying the mag-ah-num
    Put it in your mouth, put an end to your babblin'
    Pop it at your knees, put an end to your travelin'
    Pop it real fast, slugs fly like javelins
    If I get caught, you know the judge'll be gavelin
    And thats a shame
    so I won't be taken alive bitch
    if I get caught, I'mma fuckin' die bitch
    And if I die, I'mma fucking die rich
    The I'll ressurect myself as a necromancer lich
    Raise an army of corpses, put an end to the snitch
    Maybe I'd be a vampire
    pimpin from the grave, suckin on your bitch
    My mouth wet with blood after I give her a kiss
    Then I would be murderin everybody on my list
    Then make their hos get down and suck my dick
    And spurt rotten undead sperm all over their lips

Not very good, and very bitten, but I don't remember writing it, and apparently I freestyled it before I wrote it.
  • Not terrible for being hopped up and on a greyhound. Coincidentally I just wrote a verse about being "Gangsta'".

I rock the gold and diamond designer wrist watch
    White suit, pinstripe fedora, face like a slugger to the crotch
    Barrel mag Tommy Gun spits lead until the barrel's hot
    I answer the the don... And I don't mean Knotts (Deptuy Fife: "Golly!")
    Extort your farmstead, lookin' for Benjamin Franklin's head
    If he doesn't show you'll wake with a horse's cranium in your bed
    I'll riddle a bastard with drive by deadly projectiles
    We control this town from the presses to the textiles
    We move mountains miles, all the while I wreck styles
    Never put on trial because we make piles
    Cops do the Jesus speak and turn the other cheek
    Because I've been greasing greedy pig palms all god damn week
    We don't pan handle 'cause we're honorable, never thieves
    We give the people what they want and we sell it dirt cheap
    I never have and never will go against my family
    That's why nobody alive can handle me

Far from freestyled, and it could use some polish, but I'm quite happy with it.
  • I like that, it inspired me to do my own:
    Walk into your club with the gold diamond rolex
    My demeanor so cool that you know who I roll with
    I want my paper real fast, or you'll be under grass
    If you don't want that, best have it by mass
    And give your respects to the don or your ass will be gone
    Five O is paid off, so watch your muthafuckin mouf
    I run this damn city, don't ever forget that
    Noone taking pity if your ass gets kidnapped
    You could be in my trunk or at the bottom of the ocean
    If you don't dont got my money by the time church opens
    So go and harvest all those acres,
    'fore you go and meet and meet your maker
    AK pourin' slugs like a fuckin' salt shaker
  • Guys, the title of this thread is good hip-hop.

^_~
  • edited October 2009
    Alright then, I'm working on a beat. If you have a mic at the ready change and tighten up the lyrics up a bit to make this a two-verse song and I'll send you the track when I'm done.

(Sail is a dick)
    Post edited by Walker on
  • Guys, the title of this thread isgoodhip-hop.

^_~
    And this is called a derailment, go back to your boat and start sailing it
  • Lollin'!
  • edited October 2009
    I don't have a mic at the ready, I've got my phone and some computers with recording software, I'll see if I can get hooked up with a mic or go out and get one
    EDIT:I may be able to use the facilities as UTEP... I'll see if they'll let me record something there
    Post edited by Ilmarinen on
  • edited October 2009
    Beat finished and uploading...

BAM.

Make the verse your own and record it when you're ready. It would be preferable if you sent me an Audacity project file with your vocals on one track and the beat on another. If you would prefer to use a different program just send me your vocals with a 8-beat click at the beginning so I can easily sync it up, the speed is 95 BPM. Don't worry too much about mic quality; as long as there isn't any whirring or crackling in the background you'll be on par with mine. Although if you magically got your hands on something superior I could re-record my verse with a proper mic later, and we'd have an album-ready track on our hands. Either way works. When you send me the file I'll get/record my part, do some post-work, and we'll have a song.

*internet high-five*
    Post edited by Walker on
  • I've got my verse recorded and the aup set up, I'll upload it in a few hours. I removed the static off of my track, but left an unchanged version on there in case you want to do it differently.
  • Have you thought about a chorus? This just popped into my head:
    We got that green, that white and those tabs
    We want our damn money, and we want it fast
    You better pay that fee before you have to deal with the family
  • How about:

We want our damn money and we want it fast
    We're selling white, selling tabs, but we do it with class
    Anyar and Walker MC, if you want to make a scene
    The family will introduce you to the hot lead cuisine

In reference to the food/guns analogy you (and now I [it's leekspin reference >_>]) have at the end of the verse. Also, I don't know if you want to use another pseudonym, so that third line might change.
  • Yeah thats good, it fits well, make it T-3 instead of anyar and thats good.
  • edited October 2009
    Hey, can you give me some feedback on this? My brother is doing this guy's promotions. This is also Foxy Brown's first drop in 8~ years. Check it out.

Post edited by Vhdblood on
  • It is done. That's the best take I could do without getting yelled at for waking everyone up.

Enjoy!
  • It turned out decently, I just wish my audio quality was better
  • Haha, that was so sick. I loved the beat.

If you wanted any criticism, it felt to me like you got a little tongue-tied on the the chorus. The assonance in T-3, family and cuisine seems to throw you off. It might of just been a product of you trying to keep your voice down, though. Other that it sounded great!
  • If you wanted any criticism, it felt to me like you got a little tongue-tied on the the chorus. The assonance in T-3, family and cuisine seems to throw you off. It might of just been a product of you trying to keep your voice down, though. Other that it sounded great!
    I thought the same on my first listen, but when I turned the bass up, the beat really glued it all together.
  • ...It might of just been a product of you trying to keep your voice down, though.
    For the most part, yeah. That and my back was sore so I just wanted to do it in one take, post it up and then lie down and play some Street Fighter. I'm definitely going to re-record everything when I find the opportunity.
  • ...It might of just been a product of you trying to keep your voice down, though.
    For the most part, yeah. That and my back was sore so I just wanted to do it in one take, post it up and then lie down and play some Street Fighter. I'm definitely going to re-record everything when I find the opportunity.
    I'll be back in Michigan soon, and I know people with equipment up there, so I can probably get a better recording sometime next week.
  • Just to freshen it up and show ya'll punks what the Helsinki cadenza is all about
    Blakroc is a rap rock collaboration album by Ohio-based blues rock band The Black Keys and several hip hop and R&B; artists. The project has been overseen by Damon Dash, co-founder and formerly owner of a share in Roc-A-Fella Records. Its contributors are Raekwon, RZA and the late Ol' Dirty Bastard of the Wu-Tang Clan; Jim Jones, formerly of The Diplomats, and NOE, formerly a DipSet affiliate; Mos Def; singer Nicole Wray; Pharoahe Monch; Southern rapper Ludacris; Billy Danze, one half of M.O.P.; and Q-Tip, formerly of A Tribe Called Quest[2].
  • Oh mai gawd. Words cannot describe... God damn... I need this music.
  • Love this video:

I'm not sure this belongs here, but the song is good regardless:
  • edited April 2010
    Blackalicous' beats blew my brains out, glued them back together with a lyrics like a soldering iron, and force-fed me a slice of humble pie.

I couldn't write raps for a week after hearing these guys. That's some good music.
    Post edited by Walker on