This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Thunderdome

edited August 2008 in Forum Game
In honor of the GeekNights Thunderdome episode that was in honor of another site's Thunderdome I now present to you the first ever Bracketed* FRC Forum's Unofficial Thunderdome Tournament! Registration has begun, 16 slots are open for the 1v1 single elimination bracket tournament. Character's will be assigned numbers in order of submission that will determine their opponents on a prearranged bracket. Characters can come from wherever. Remember people, this isn't only to win but to facilitate Super Smash Bros type battles. The Arena is the same as said within the Thunderdome episode, I will specify if need be.

Characters should be around the strength of Van Fanel, Gandalf the Grey is close to the top. Keep their strength basically in the badass mortal range. If a character's strength and versatility depends on where they are in their story/game/etc. please specify (e.g. Link in the beginning with a wooden sword and 3 hearts or at the end with the magical sword, max hearts, etc.). I submit:

1. The man with no name (The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly at the end, serape and all)

*Edited for accuracy

Comments

• Mr. Bean (From the British comedy of the same name with his teddy bear).
  • first ever FRC Forum's Unofficial Thunderdome Tournament!
    First ever, huh?
  • edited August 2008
    God damn....I swear I looked in the Forum Game category!....oh. You put it in Everything Else....that's embarrassing.

Well, thats a different type of tournament than the one I intend so let me just change some words.
    Post edited by Magnum_Opus on
  • Hahaha, no problem, dude.
  • edited August 2008
    Stromnir the Mighty, Friend of Children and Foe of Dragons everywhere.
    Post edited by Jason on
  • Will Kane, from the film High Noon. Mostly for the shootout with Eastwood.
  • Kamina from Gurren-Lagann.
  • Utena from Revolutionary Girl Utena.
  • Card Captor Sakura.
  • edited August 2008
    8. Akira Hojo (from Sanctuary).
    Post edited by Feketelo on
  • Anasurimbor Kellhus
  • edited August 2008
    I choose you, Gordon Freeman.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • ...Magikarp?
  • Golgo 13
  • edited August 2008
    Scott Pilgrim (after he levels up and gets the power of love)
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • Andrew Wiggin.
    edited August 2008
    Jim Carrey. Prolly Ace Ventura one. Wait, he also did The Mask, lets use that version instead.
    Post edited by ... on
    edited August 2008
    A-ko
    That's the 16th, but what shall we do about people applying multiple characters? Or multiple characters from the same source?
    Post edited by ... on
  • Whether or not we should have multiples is up to you guys. We could increase the character slots to 24 then have 2 1v1 brackets then have a 3 person battle royale bracket then a final 1v1. I think that it'd be pretty interesting to have a free for all bracket. This time, however, I think we should just get started and make a larger tournament next time.

So the submission are:
    1.The Man with no Name
    2.Mr. Bean
    3.Stromnir the Mighty, Friend of Children and Foe of Dragons everywhere
    4.Will Kane
    5.Kamina
    6.Utena
    7.Card Captor Sakura
    8.Akira Hojo
    9.Anasurimbor Kellhus
    10.Gordon Freeman
    11.Magikarp
    12.Golgo
    13.Scott Pilgrim
    14.Andrew Wiggin
    15.Jim Carrey(The Mask)
    16.A-ko

Both of the characters need to be known by both of the contestants, if not there needs to be an objective observer of the fight. For example, say I'm going against Timo, so Clint vs. Anasurimbor Kellhus. I don't know anything about Anasurimbor other than he's from the prince of nothing, I think. There needs to be a third person who knows both the Prince of Nothing and The Good, Bad, and Ugly to moderate the fight. There will be a general consensus as well to determine the winner.

The brackets are:
    14v4
    3v1
    13v9
    8v2
    10v5
    6v11
    7v15
    12v16

I used the column pairings in this
    To see who the winners of the first fight are paired will be done in the same manner.
  • The Arena is the same as said within the Thunderdome episode, I will specify if need be.
    As I'm first up, could you specify? I listened to the Thunderdome episode but I don't have the exact idea clear in my head.
  • Both of the characters need to be known by both of the contestants,
    Oh... =__= Crap, I know neither Card Captor Sakura, or The Mask's full list of powers and which were used in the movie The Mask.
  • edited August 2008
    Both of the characters need to be known by both of the contestants,
    Oh... =__= Crap, I know neither Card Captor Sakura, or The Mask's full list of powers and which were used in the movie The Mask.
    Card Captor Sakura is a magical girl who uses the clow cards for abilities. Basically any superpower you can think of and all the elements of fire, water, earth and wind. Also she can control light and darkness. Plus she has a really cute wardrobe provided by Tomoyo and a mascot name Kero-chan. Plus, she is freekin cute!
    Post edited by Viga on
  • Card Captor Sakura is a magical girl who uses the clow(???) cards for abilities.
    Plus she has a really cute wardrobe provide by Tomoyo and a mascot named Kero-chan.
    This much I knew, I was talking about powers.
    Plus, she is freekin cute!
    Tactfully ignoring this statement.
  • edited August 2008
    Card Captor Sakura is a magical girl who uses the clow(???)cards for abilities.
    Plus she has a really cute wardrobe provide by Tomoyo and a mascot namedKero-chan.
    This much I knew, I was talking about powers.
    She uses each one for her power. Each card gives her a power.

Clow cards
    The Windy
    The Fly
    The Shadow
    The Watery
    The Rain
    The Wood
    The Jump
    The Illusion
    The Silent
    The Thunder
    The Sword
    The Flower
    The Shield
    The Time
    The Power
    The Mist
    The Storm
    The Float
    The Erase
    The Glow
    The Move
    The Fight
    The Loop
    The Sleep
    The Song
    The Little
    The Mirror
    The Maze
    The Return
    The Shot
    The Sweet
    The Dash
    The Big
    The Create
    The Change
    The Freeze
    The Fiery
    The Snow
    The Voice
    The Lock
    The Cloud
    The Dream
    The Twin
    The Light
    The Dark
    The Sand
    The Earthy
    The Arrow
    The Bubbles
    The Wave
    The Libra
    The Through
    Post edited by Viga on
  • She uses each one for her power. Each card gives her a power.
    NO! I don't mean that. What the hell's a clow? Besides being a misspelling of 'clown'.
  • She uses each one for her power. Each card gives her a power.
    NO! I don't mean that. What the hell's a clow? Besides being a misspelling of 'clown'.
    The Clow cards are named after Clow Reed. He created the clow card with his magic to have different abilities.
  • The mask has the all the powers of a cartoon character. Ability to stretch to avoid danger, limited transformation (ex.: a wolf head to howl at a hot girl), mallet space, and so on and so forth.

Of course, if you are going with the comic Mask you can add psychotic killer to his list of powers.
  • It's a pity I missed the entries, I think I would've entered Vash the Stampede.
  • Yeah I was thinking that the entire Thunderdome episode. 'Where the hell is Vash?'

@Lukebarrage: The arena is like a giant football stadium without chairs so basically a flat field of dirt and grass. No limitations really.

Lets start with the first bracket. Andrew Wiggin vs Will Kane. Fight!