This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Songbird 0.7 Beta

edited August 2008 in Technology
Finally Songbird isn't in Beta anymore! I've been using it for a few hours now and it's close to perfect.

Comments

• I wonder why Songbird displays every Podcast RSS feed except Geek Nights..
  • FinallySongbirdisn't in Beta anymore!
    So.. do I click where it says "Download Songbird - Beta"?

Just kidding, I'll give it a try to see if it can oust Amarok. Extensions are where this could really get a one up.
  • It seems Songbird has a serious problem with Podcast RSS feeds..

You can also get the .deb at getdeb.net.
  • Ah, I was about to link to the deb files.
  • Sorry for bringing up the dead but just curious if anyone still uses Songbird at the moment, I have been liking it a lot as of late and just curious if anyone else uses it over theirTunes.
  • Sorry for bringing up the dead but just curious if anyone still uses Songbird at the moment, I have been liking it a lot as of late and just curious if anyone else uses it over theirTunes.

I use it on all my PC's and on my phone.
  • Been thinking about it, but my music collection is so massive that I want to finish organizing it before I put it in some database that will likely crash or take forever to load.
  • I use foobar when I want to listen to things, or Zune software if I have it open to do something related to my player at the time. I'm really growing to rather dislike most of the database based players and I enjoy foobar's drag and drop style and simple interface
  • Actually load times on it are fairly quick with it including all the plugins I have installed on it, my main issue is syncing music from my collection to an Android phone, for some reason it likes to pick certain songs and copy them 5-7 times over.