This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

How often do you re-consume media?

2»

Comments

• Love On a Real Train by Tangerine Dream?
    What?
  • You must have missed the 1980s.
  • You must have missed the 1980s.
    I've heard the song. I just don't know why you mentioned it.
  • You mentioned songs that you could loop. I mentioned one that I find eminently loop-able.
  • It all depends on what media I am re consuming. If your talking about Star Wars, or Lord of The Rings, or the classics then there will be a point in the year where I will have a marathon to consume it. Otherwise geeks are not so much victims of re consumption but are more so prone to it.

Example.:

How many times have you played any multiplayer game? (Tribes 2, Team Fortress 2, World of Warcraft, Call Of Duty 4, Halo 1 2 and 3, Doom, etc.)

How many times have you re watched an anime so you can show it to your friends?

How many times have you read a book again?

and finally the one questions which all of you know is true, and it is pointless to deny it.....

How many times have you watched Lord Of The Rings or Star Wars?

Really if you think about any of these questions you know the answer will be at the very least a dozen times if not more. Maybe it is more prone to gamers because if you go back through the game, or it has multilayer then it is going to be more but no matter what.
    There are certain things that will get re-read or rewatched, but those are only the best of the best. We're talking about things like Watchmen, Akira, Evangelion, Star Wars, LotR, etc.
    Multiplayer video games get re consumed more than anything else.
    And yes Apreche you already said it but anything that is worth saying is worth saying more than once. -.-
  • edited August 2008
    You mentioned songs that you could loop. I mentioned one that I find eminently loop-able.
    Oh. You should listen to some Knife. It's pretty similar, but with vocals.

Post edited by whatever on
  • edited August 2008
    1. How many times have you played any multiplayer game? (Tribes 2, Team Fortress 2, World of Warcraft, Call Of Duty 4, Halo 1 2 and 3, Doom, etc.)

2. How many times have you re watched an anime so you can show it to your friends?

3. How many times have you read a book again?

and finally the one questions which all of you know is true, and it is pointless to deny it.....

4. How many times have you watched Lord Of The Rings or Star Wars?
    1. A lot
    2. Bebop and FLCL...and maybe a movie here or there
    3. I think never, but I may have read one of the Harry Potter books twice
    4. I haven't seen and LOTR or Star Wars movie completely. I've seen bits and pieces from all of them (especially the first LOTR, seen like 2 hours of that), but never all the way through. I kinda never want to watch them just so I can say I'm a geek who's never watched them. Plus LOTR bores the fuck out of me (not to mention that 3 hours just rapes my attention span) and I've never been a big Star Wars guy.

As for music, I just didn't feel like listing it, because obviously I listen to songs (or even entire albums) more than once. I never loop songs, though. I have too many songs on my computer to just focus on one...
    Post edited by Dkong on
  • Trade me another one, Bear Police.
  • The closest thing to industrial music I listen to is Fuck Buttons.

• For me, music comes heavily to mind.
    If I find a song I really, really like, I'll loop it for hours.
    Same here. I'll loop different songs for different reasons, though. There's stuff like Canibus, where some of his songs are just so lyrically brilliant that I have to listen to it over and over.

In the same ballpark, I'll listen to an Aesop Rock song over and over just to figure out what the fuck the lyrics mean. I'm still trying to decide if that's a good thing or not. :P

There's songs where I just get lost in the music and hardly notice where the song ends and begins, like Sigur Ros. This also happens to be one of my favorite music videos.

Last of all, there's the much more simple case in which the song is just so effing great that I can't stop listening to it.

Yeah, it's sappy, but I like it. Honestly, if I could only listen to these four songs for a full month, I'd probably be OK with that.
  • I could listen to No Doubt entire catalog on repeat.

• I could listen to No Doubt entire catalog on repeat.

Within the first thirty seconds of this music video I really, really wanted a bag of chips.
  • I never re-consume media. Once a book or DVD has passed through my intestines, I would be loathe to put it in my mouth again. Shame on you for promoting such an unsanitary act!
  • Reconsumption of media. Really depends on the media, songs I tend to listen to multiple times, and of course later as background noise. As for movies, I sometimes rewatch one but only with other people to watch it with. Anime, good episodes. I love to rewatch a random episode of Kino no Tabi. Last episode is so saaaaaaaad. ;-; Anime movies I might rewatch if I'm bored and don't want to start a different anime.
  • I re-read the works of Clive Barker and Jane Austin on a yearly basis.
    You just contradicted yourself.

If I buy an item, I intend to reconsume it at some point. I find that I am willing to reconsume anywhere from months to years depending on whether other people want to see or hear the music or DVD or if it is worth the short amount of time to spend reading rather than doing other, more novel things.
    ^_^ I re-read those books, I do not consume them nor re-consume them. I would never eat my Jane Austin and my Clive Barker - they provide me with wit and demons, not physical nourishment. ^_^
    ^_^ I re-read those books, I do not consume them nor re-consume them. I would never eat my Jane Austin and my Clive Barker - they provide me with wit and demons, not physical nourishment. ^_^
    I see what you did there. :P

Speaking of re watching I'm going to start over Kare Kano.