This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Cremlian's Inbox (Those Stupid Politicial E-mails his Parents Send Him)

Comments

• Wow Chaos, while that E-mail is off-topic I never knew someone would do the africia king ploy with Mars......
  • Who writes these rediculous e-mails?
    The same people who buy penis pills, send money to Nigeria. Remember, people wouldn't send spam if nobody fell for it. Since it costs almost nothing to send e-mail, they send it out to millions of people, and when 5 people fall for it, they profit immensely. These are people who are smart enough and civilized enough to have e-mail and read it, and they are falling for this stuff. These people exist.
    The same people who buy penis pills, send money to Nigeria. Remember, people wouldn't send spam if nobody fell for it. Since it costs almost nothing to send e-mail, they send it out to millions of people, and when 5 people fall for it, they profit immensely. These are people who are smart enough and civilized enough to have e-mail and read it, and they are falling for this stuff. These people exist.
    That is the people who read it and fall for it. Who writes this stuff?
  • Who writes this stuff?
    Political campaigns and their supporters hire PR companies to send them out.
  • Who writes this stuff?
    Political campaigns and their supporters hire PR companies to send them out.
    Lovely.
  • edited September 2008
    Oh I got another one today. This one more I guess is jokish?

Ten
    Reasons I am Voting Democrat

1. I'm voting
    Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job of spending the
    money that I earn than I would.

2. I'm voting
    Democrat because freedom of speech is fine as long as nobody is offended by
    it.

3. I'm voting Democrat because, when we pull out of Iraq, I trust
    that the bad guys will stop what they are doing, because they now think we are
    good people.

4. I'm voting Democrat because I believe that people who
    can't tell us it will rain on Friday CAN tell us that the Polar Ice Caps will
    melt away in ten years if I don't start driving a Prius.

5. I'm voting
    Democrat because I'm not concerned about the slaughter of millions of babies, so
    long as we keep all death row inmates alive.

6. I'm voting Democrat
    because I believe that business should not be allowed to make profits for
    themselves. They need to break even and give the rest away to the government for
    redistribution as THEY see fit.

7. I'm voting Democrat because I believe
    that three or four pointy-headed elitist liberals need to rewrite the
    Constitution every few days to suit some fringe kooks who would NEVER get their
    agendas past the voters.

8. I'm voting Democrat because I believe that
    when the terrorists don't have to hide from us over there and they come over
    here, I don't want to have any guns in the house to fight them off
    with.

9. I'm voting Democrat because I love the fact that I can now marry
    whatever I want. I've decided to marry my horse.

10. I'm voting Democrat
    because I believe oil companies' profits of 9% on a gallon of gas are obscene,
    but the government taxing the same gallon of gas at 15% is
    not.

There are more
    reasons...
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • edited September 2008
    Just today I got a "Vote Obama!" Mail from a friend of mine - Who lives in Australia, and thus can only have an effect on the upcoming election via Assassination.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Just today I got a "Vote Obama!" Mail from a friend of mine - Who lives in Australia, and thus can only have an effect on the upcoming election via Assassination.
    Or by using powers of communication to get US citizens to vote.
  • Just today I got a "Vote Obama!" Mail from a friend of mine - Who lives in Australia, and thus can only have an effect on the upcoming election via Assassination.
    Or by using powers of communication to get US citizens to vote.
    Frankly, while you have a point, The likelihood of him doing so is very, very low.
  • I have a Republican uncle who was always forwarding me republican bullshit and dumb support our troops emails. I just politely asked him to stop hitting the forward key when he came to my name on his address book.

Problem averted without missing emails from him.
  • edited September 2008
    There's a reason my mother doesn't have my email address. If she needs something, she can call me. She sent me one too many spammy crap emails.

That said...our Administrative Assistant sent out an office-wide admonishment last time someone forwarded an email like this. Haven't received one since. Pleasantly surprised.
    Post edited by Nuri on
  • OMG I finally got a Liberal one!

I'm a little confused. Let me see if I have this straight.....
    >
    > * If you grow up in Hawaii , raised by your grandparents, you're
    > "exotic, different."
    > * Grow up in Alaska eating moose burgers, a quintessential American story.
    > * If your name is Barack you're a radical, unpatriotic Muslim.
    > * Name your kids Willow , Trig and Track, you're a maverick.
    > * Graduate from Harvard law School you are unstable.
    > * Attend 5 different small colleges before graduating, you're well grounded.
    > * If you spend 3 years as a brilliant community organizer, become the
    > first black President of the Harvard Law Review, create a voter
    > registration drive that registers 150,000 new voters, spend 12 years
    > as a Constitutional Law professor, spend 8 years as a State Senator
    > representing a district with over 750,000 people, become chairman of
    > the state Senate's Health and Human Services committee, spend 4 years
    > in the United States Senate representing a state of 13 million people
    > while sponsoring or co-sponsoring 131 bills and serving on the Foreign
    > Affairs, Environment and Public Works and Veteran's Affairs
    > committees, you don't have any real leadership experience.
    > * If your total resume is: local weather girl, 4 years on the city
    > council and 6 years as the mayor of a town with less than 7,000
    > people, 20 months as the governor of a state with only 650,000 people,
    > then you're qualified to become the country's second highest ranking
    > executive.
    > * If you have been married to the same woman for 19 years while
    > raising 2 beautiful daughters, all within Protestant churches, you're
    > not a real Christian.
    > * If you cheated on your first wife with a rich heiress, and left your
    > disfigured wife and married the heiress the next month, you're a
    > Christian.
    > * If you teach responsible, age appropriate sex education, including
    > the proper use of birth control, you are eroding the fiber of society.
    > * If , while governor, you staunchly advocate abstinence only, with no
    > other option in sex education in your state's school system while your
    > unwed teen daughter ends up pregnant , you're very responsible.
    > * If your wife is a Harvard graduate lawyer who gave up a position in
    > a prestigious law firm to work for the betterment of her inner city
    > community, then gave that up to raise a family, your family's values
    > don't represent America 's.
    > * If you're husband is nicknamed "First Dude", with at least one DWI
    > conviction and no college education, who didn't register to vote until
    > age 25 and once was a member of a group that advocated the secession
    > of Alaska from the USA, your family is extremely admirable.
    >
    > OK, much clearer now.

Hmmm..
  • OMG I finally got a Liberal one!
    Wow, that one is awesome.
  • @Cremlian

I've just received this e-mail from other coworkers. Hehe
  • I've never actually received one of these.
    Yes you have, gmail threw it out for you automatically. Damn do I love Google spam filters, they're brilliant.
  • Yes you have, gmail threw it out for you automatically.
    Thus, I have never received one. Mail that gmail throws out does not actually exist as far as I can tell or care.
  • I don't really get these but I do find it interesting while checking e-mail on yahoo every so often one of those banner ads will have a picture of Obama on one side, and McCain on the other. Then say something along the lines of "Pick the next president and win a free iPod".
  • I don't really get these but I do find it interesting while checking e-mail on yahoo every so often one of those banner ads will have a picture of Obama on one side, and McCain on the other. Then say something along the lines of "Pick the next president and win a free iPod".
    If you won, and then the election turned out the other way, would they take the iPod back?
  • WOW, I just got this forwarded from my mom, to her credit she couldn't understand the logic of this E-mail....

As you saw above the liberal example was not really offensive, As usually here is the following conservative example...

This is a matter of opinion and opinions are like elbows, everybody has a couple.
    My personal opinion? I agree.
    You owe it to yourself to be informed, read all the way through.
    A lot of Americans have become so insulated from reality that they imagine that America can suffer defeat without any inconvenience to themselves.

Pause a moment, reflect back.

These events are actual events from history..

They really happened!!!

Do you remember?

1. 1 968 Bobby Kennedy was shot and killed by a Muslim male extremist.

2. In 1972 at the Munich Olympics, athletes were kidnapped and massacred by Muslim male extremists.

3. In 1979, the US embassy in Iran was taken over by Muslim male extremists.

4. During the 1980's a number of Americans were kidnapped in Lebanon by Muslim male extremists.

5. In 1983, the US Marine barracks in Beirut was blown up by Muslim male extremists.

6. In=2 01985 the cruise ship Achille Lauro was hijacked and a 70 year old American passenger was murdered and thrown overboard in his wheelchair by Muslim male extremists.

7. In 1985 TWA flight 847 was hijacked at Athens , and a US Navy diver trying to rescue passengers was murdered by Muslim male extremists. ( remember the pilot of this flight was from Richmond , MO )

8. In 1988 , Pan Am Flight 103 was bombed by Muslim male extremists.

9. In 1993 the World Trade Center was bombed the first time by Muslim male extremists.

10. In 1998, the US embassies in Kenya and Tanzania were 20 bombed by Muslim male extremists.

11. On 9/11/01, four airliners were hijacked; two were used as missiles to take down the World Trade Centers and of the remaining two, one crashed into the US Pentagon and the other was diverted and crashed by the passengers. Thousands of people were killed by Muslim male extremists.

12. In 2002 the United States fought a war in Afghanistan against Muslim male extremists.

13. In 2002 reporter Daniel Pearl was kidnapped and murdered by-- you guessed it-- Muslim male extremists.

Now, I really don't see a pattern here to justify profiling, do you? So, to ensure we Americans never offend anyone, particularly fanatics intent on killing us, airport security screeners will no longer be allowed to profile certain people... Absolutely 20 No Profiling!

They must conduct random searches of 80-year-old women, little kids, airline pilots with proper identification, secret agents who are members of the President's security detail, 85-year old Congressmen with metal hips, and Medal of Honor winner and former Governor Joe Foss, but leave Muslim Males alone lest they be guilty of profiling.

According to The Book of Revelations:
    The Anti-Christ will be a man, in his 40's, of MUSLIM descent, who will deceive the nations with persuasive language, and have a MASSIVE Christ-like appeal....the prophecy says that people will flock to him and he will promise false hope and world peace, and when he is in power, he will destroy everything.

And Now:
    For the award winning Act of Stupidity Of all times the People of America want to elect, to the most Powerful position on the face of the Planet -- The Presidency of the United states of America .. A Male of Muslim descent who is the most extremely liberal Senator in Congress (in other words an extremist) and in his 40's.

Have the American People completely lost their Minds, or just their Power of Reason ???

I'm sorry but I refuse to take a chance on the 'unknown' candidate Obama...

Let's send this to as many people as we can so that the Gloria Aldreds and other stupid attorneys along with Federal Justices that want to thwart common sense, feel ashamed of themselves -- if they have any such sense.

As the writer of the award winning story ' Forest Gump' so aptly put it,
    'Stupid Is As Stupid Does'

Each opportunity that you have to send it to a friend or media outlet...do it!
    or again. .=2 0. just delete if you disagree.
  • Y'know what, if Obama really were the Anti-Christ, I'd still vote for him. In fact, I think I'd be more inclined to vote for him.

This part, however:

Have the American People completely lost their Minds, or just their Power of Reason ???
    The irony is painful.
  • I wonder if there was a poll about how much these sorts of E-mails influence people's opinion. Not necessarily change it but keep them on the side they were on. I bet you if a study was done, these junk mail E-mails do more to keep the base "the Base" then to convince anyone who thought differently or is not involved.
  • A religious extremist railing against other religious extremists. Sheesh.
  • The Anti-Christ will be a man, in his 40's, of MUSLIM descent
    Man, that's a really specific revelation. I mean, to predict Islam a few hundred years before it happens is a gutsy move.
    Now, if only a 40 year old Muslim were running for office, I could be scared.
  • The Anti-Christ will be a man, in his 40's, of MUSLIM descent
    Man, that's a really specific revelation. I mean, to predict Islam a few hundred years before it happens is a gutsy move.
    Now, if only a 40 year old Muslim were running for office, I could be scared.
    OMG, It's too late for Michael Jackson to get on the ballot, I hope.

• OMG, It's too late for Michael Jackson to get on the ballot, I hope.
    Tax cuts for everyone! HEEEE!
  • edited September 2008

OMG, It's too late for Michael Jackson to get on the ballot, I hope.
    Tax cuts for everyone! HEEEE!
    I appoint Macaulay Culkin as my Attorney General, and if you question me Helen Thomas, that just means that you're ignorant and devilish. HEEE He HEEEE!
    Post edited by HungryJoe on

• OMG, It's too late for Michael Jackson to get on the ballot, I hope.
    Actually, he's in his 50s now. :O
  • Actually, he's in his 50s now. :O
    I think he meant too late in the presidential race for him to become a VP or independent candidate - but I'm probably wrong, I know bugger all about American politics.
  • According to The Book of Revelations:
    The Anti-Christ will be a man, in his 40's, of MUSLIM descent,
    Wasn't Islam established as a religion long after the Bible was written?