This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Dragon Quest

GeoGeo
edited August 2008 in Video Games
I notice that nobody has made a thread about this phenomenal series (comments about it don't count in my observations), so I have taken the liberty of doing so for everyone.

What is your opinion of the Dragon Quest/Warrior series? What is your favorite game in the series (if you have one)? How do you feel about it's lack of recognition in the face of other series like Final Fantasy? How do you feel about the ninth game coming only to the DS?

Personally, I am saddened that this amazing series isn't that well known by most gamers today. If Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King wasn't any indication of exactly why this series is great, then I'd like to know what is! IMO, my favorite game is a tie between the fifth game and the eighth game because they are all so great in their own ways. While I'm not that crazy about grinding like most people here on the forum are, I don't care because I think it's worth it due to the fact that the series' stories are almost always very impressive. As for my reaction about the ninth game's exclusivity on the DS, I wasn't too happy about it (mostly cause I don't own a DS but I really fucking want one for this game as well as other great games) and I thought maybe it would've done well on the 360 or the PS3.

Comments

• edited August 2008
    I only played DQ8, but it became my 4th favorite RPG. (Legend and Legaia, Fable and FF9 are one, two and three) I even own a Jessica and The Hero figure and cosplayed as Jessica at Otakon 2006. I think that story should have been an anime.

I also liked how it had an alternate ending to try and an extended story after you beat it the first time. After that it doesn't have much replay value but it's more than most RPG's.

...I realized I just showed my inner DQ8 nerd too much.
    Post edited by Viga on