This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Battlefield 2 Mods MEGA CCCCCOMBO-BREAKER THREAD

edited September 2008 in Video Games
One of my favorite games to play these days in a mod for Battlefield 2 called Project Reality. Version .8 of the mod just got released this weekend and it's amazing! The aim of the mod is to create the most realistic warfare simulator out there. Not only is the game well polished, but it requires a high level of skill. Additionally, the community is great. Teamplay is a must and people always work together.

Anyone else here play PR?

WzmFRkeg9PE

Comments

• I gave it a try a while ago, but not having a mic made it pretty hard to play the way it was intended. It is a great mod, though, and I'm thinking about reinstalling BF to give it another shot.
  • Looks like it's centered for the hardcore, strategic player. It's what I wanted COD4 to be, but it never was.
  • edited September 2008
    Videos of the new gameplay. You can see construction of assets in some of the scenes as well as the teamwork common in game.

Post edited by Andrew on

• This is what makes this game fucking epic. The American team is inserting troops to capture a bunker complex. Two squads provided fire support with .50 humvees while a spec ops took out AA emplacements.
  • I played back in version .05, but I really haven't had the time to play since. I love that they added asset construction to it! I may reinstall BF2 and give it another try.
  • Got BF2 cheap with the Steam sale, so now I can try this out.
  • So, I've started playing this again recently. I'm willing to teach anyone who is willing to play with me sometime in the near future. Also, Forgotten Hope 2 also has seen another release, a fantastic mod as well.
  • Double posting, but I've convinced Jason to play with me tonight. I know others of you have BF2 as well...
  • I'd try that out. (if I'm not out doing social things tonight)
  • So I downloaded Forgotten Hope 2 (a couple of times because of corrupted files)..... Soooooo...
  • So I downloaded Forgotten Hope 2 (a couple of times because of corrupted files)..... Soooooo...
    I'm free to play tonight.
  • God damnit guys. Am I going to have to reinstall again?
  • I should put my BF2 serial into steam, see if it works.
  • Depends on whether people want to play FH2 or PR. Jason has PR installed, while Cremlian has FH2. I'm willing to play either, and I'll lead our squad and provide guidance if we play PR (we'll need to stay organized if you've never played it).
  • Wait, I gotta download PR now ... :-p
  • Someone needs to let me know if entering my BF2 key on Steam will give me the updated version.
    I also need to find my login...
  • Someone needs to let me know if entering my BF2 key on Steam will give me the updated version.
    I also need to find my login...
    Didn't work for me. I tried. I really tried. Installing from discs and then manually patching is such a pain in the ass.