This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Google Chrome

1235»

Comments

• I just stopped explaining most of the things I would have posted about to people on this forum, since I know they won't read the post thoroughly anyway. I went so far as to put a few people on my Ignore list, and now the amount of infuriatingly obtuse bullshit I have to put up with is significantly smaller.
    Anyway, I don't know if it's just my crummy computer (Yay 1.6 gHz Celerons and half-gigs of ram!) or what, but occasionally, Chrome is unbearably slow. It happens just often enough to make me go back to Firefox. The ad blocking was perfect, tho.
    Chrome is also causing trouble with viewing the Daily Show episodes, at least for us. It's not playing the sound correctly about 75% of the time; instead, it plays the sound track 2x, and they are on a delay. It is utterly unwatchable.
  • RymRym
    edited July 2010
    I don't make purchasing decisions based on ads, and I thus ignore ads. Is ignoring it any worse than blocking it entirely from a moral perspective? What if I take an aggressive stands, and pointedly choose not to purchase any product for which I encounter an ad on the Internet, regardless of the context?

The beauty of the Internet is that the content provider can choose what they provide, but the content consumer can choose what they do with it and how it is presented. Once a provider publishes content for public access on the Internet, they have no right to tell anyone how they will consume it. I, for example, choose to throw out any advertisements included in the content. Some people aggregate it in their own personal readers or portals. Some just consume the text. Some just the images.

Anyone whose business model depends on them controlling the means of consumption for public, free content is an utter failure, a relic of an age long passed.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • minus several thousand for reading, guys.
    Don't forget to substract several thousand style points from Apreche for just linking and not quoting the relevant description. To be honest, Chrome is capable of doing what Apreche requests, as was already pointed out. Just with more hassle, and the feature is not intended to be used that way.
  • Remind me when chrome can do this.
  • Remind me when chrome can do this.
    Tree Style tabs
    A lot of people on other forums love those. I never got the appeal, myself, tho.
  • >california driver's lic[ense]
    WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU ALSO GOING TO CALIFORNIA?!
  • >california driver's lic[ense]
    First Kansas, then California, then Las Vegas, after Montreal, and finally Rochester at RIT.
  • edited July 2010
    >california driver's lic[ense]
    First Kansas, then California, then Las Vegas, after Montreal, and finally Rochester at RIT.
    BYAAAAAAAHHHHH!
    Post edited by Vhdblood on
  • Does anyone here have problems with playing Flash games in Chrome? They load perfectly well for me, but don't accept any input.
  • Does anyone here have problems with playing Flash games in Chrome? They load perfectly well for me, but don't accept any input.
    Works for me.
    Works for me.
    Ditto.
    Works for me.
    Ditto.
    Thirded
  • Version 6 just went up. Noticing speed improvements and some tightening up in the interface.
  • The new chrome mobile UI is a step backwards. The new tab button is much smaller for no reason, and they wasted half the new tab screen on a Google logo. Also the address bar moves around.

Anyone else annoyed by this? Bad change, Google.
  • Starfox said:

The new chrome mobile UI is a step backwards. The new tab button is much smaller for no reason, and they wasted half the new tab screen on a Google logo. Also the address bar moves around.

Anyone else annoyed by this? Bad change, Google.

The tab screen is definitely worse, but the button is the same size, just graphically different.
  • I like the new chrome mobile UI. It's not dramatically better, but better.
  • Any time I've tried Chrome mobile it really annoys me. Maybe they've fixed some of the issues I had with it.
  • It used to have the plus icon and say new tab, and the whole thing was clickable. Now it's just plus icon. It's not the end of the world but it is a pain.
  • I've always used and found it more useful than the stock browser as I also use Chrome on the desktop. I also like the update.
  • It's a good update on my set, but I guess the bigger real state (note 3) makes me immune to the cluttered interface issue. My biggest gripe with mobile Chrome is the disappearing address bar, which is sometimes a hassle to summon.
  • It's a good update on my set, but I guess the bigger real state (note 3) makes me immune to the cluttered interface issue. My biggest gripe with mobile Chrome is the disappearing address bar, which is sometimes a hassle to summon.

I've never had a problem getting it by scrolling back up.
  • Second time recently my user profile in Chrome got corrupted. Had to delete it and re-create it again. Hopefully it's just bad luck on my part and not a trend.