This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

I'm bored.

Comments

edited September 2008
    Got to urge to go looking for the GeekNights beta episodes again. Not much more luck than the first time so far.
    DARN YOU! D: Now I'm looking again. On the bright side, I found one episode that has never before appeared in the feed! AND I'M NOT SHARING! Yet.

EDIT: 39 Google result pages further! THE END! No beta shows! O.O... NONE I SAY! >:(

Fun findings though: Rym apparently signed up to Engadget to comment on a comment-to-win-headphones article and advertise the show, or someone used his name and signed up to mention the show and attempt to get the headphones. A forum, The Nerdish, where there's a subforum where bots automatically post show updates from The Greatest Movie EVER!, GeekNights, Destroy All Podcasts DX, R5 Central, Anime World Order, Fast Karate For The Gentlemen, Ninja Consultant, Lather's Blather and Weekly Anime Review. A livejournal from whom I guess is a Brit and calls Scrym 'american nerd'. Many results about 'Toon Radio' having 'acquired' the broadcast rights of Geeknights, even on ANN! And of course many, many, many mentions to Geeknights. BUT NO BETA EPISODES! O: And this search was for Geeknights minus the entire frontrowcrew domain...
    Post edited by ... on
  • edited October 2008
    This class is amazing
    image -ly unexciting.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • My god, with a pentium 3 my options are way more limited now in terms of entertainment. I've gone and read through all of McNinja in 2 days. Surely there must be some more fun awesomeness on the internets that doesn't require the use of flash.
  • My god, with a pentium 3 my options are way more limited now in terms of entertainment. I've gone and read through all of McNinja in 2 days. Surely there must be some more fun awesomeness on the internets that doesn't require the use of flash.
    Your laptop is a pentium 3?
  • edited August 2010
    My god, with a pentium 3 my options are way more limited now in terms of entertainment. I've gone and read through all of McNinja in 2 days. Surely there must be some more fun awesomeness on the internets that doesn't require the use of flash.
    Your laptop is a pentium 3?
    Yup. Also running ubuntu, so most games are out. Not like I could play them anyway. It's long boring explanation as to why, Point is, I've got what I got and there's nothing I can do about it currently.

At least boredom forced me to clean my inbox.

Edit: For reference, youtube runs at 0.5 fps. I also have no sound working on this computer.
    Post edited by Nine Boomer on
  • Play Doom, Doom2, etc.
  • Get a penpal. It's how I started talking with this one girl in S Korea.
  • Get a penpal. It's how I started talking with this one girl in S Korea.
    Hey, can you ask her for StarCraft advice?
  • Hey, can you ask her for StarCraft advice?
    Play the game alot.
  • Hey, can you ask her for StarCraft advice?
    Play the game alot.
    Someone needs to draw an alot playing Starcraft.
  • edited August 2010
    My fallback to conquer boredom is to practice writing with my left hand. It's a lot more fun than it sounds and you can train your non-dominant hand.
    Post edited by Ilmarinen on
  • Find an old thread, resurrect it.
  • Dazzle369 said:

Find an old thread, resurrect it.

Boo you
  • Dazzle369 said:

Find an old thread, resurrect it.

Boo you
    I've been the opposite of bored. I need some time at the beach. Swim in the morning, sand in the afternoon, Civ V all night.
  • I've played out most of my vidja games so much, I started playing Dota 2. I know, I'm shame.
  • Get Monster Hunter and spend the next 300 hours gitting gud.

I have like 500000000 things in my queue, and all I want to do is spend a week (or a month) on the beach.
  • I'd love to be permanently attached to a sunny beach, but they're so far from London
  • My vacation reset on July 1st. Used all remaining days so that I don't have to work the entire week after memorial day. Anyone want to beach? If not, I'll just bike to beach every day myself.
  • As a person who lives 6 miles from a superior west coast beach his whole life? Meh. ;-) Beach = overrated
  • You just don't understand the beach, maybe in time you will.
  • Cremlian said:

You just don't understand the beach, maybe in time you will.

Aaaaaahhhhhhhhhh.......
  • Lounging pool side, listening to beach jams and having drinks with little umbrella in them. Is a decent substitute when you can't make it to the beach.
  • Lounging pool side, listening to beach jams and having drinks with little umbrella in them. Is a decent substitute when you can't make it to the beach.

Living in Australia listening to beach jams and having drinks is a decent substitute... oh wait I can walk to the beach in 5 minutes from my house, never mind.
  • All that matters is sunny, low 90's weather and a refreshing drink. The beach is an optional perk.
  • sK0pe said:

Lounging pool side, listening to beach jams and having drinks with little umbrella in them. Is a decent substitute when you can't make it to the beach.

Living in Australia listening to beach jams and having drinks is a decent substitute... oh wait I can walk to the beach in 5 minutes from my house, never mind.
    When I lived with my nana in Bunbury for a summer this was the situation.
  • MATATAT said:

sK0pe said:

Lounging pool side, listening to beach jams and having drinks with little umbrella in them. Is a decent substitute when you can't make it to the beach.

There is literally a beach in the middle of my city, because we figured that driving for half an hour to get to another beach was just too much. Also, half grew up in Harvey Bay/Maryborough . By curious coincidence, also where P. L. Travers came from.
  • edited May 2015
    Churba said:

MATATAT said:

sK0pe said:

There is literally a beach in the middle of my city, because we figured that driving for half an hour to get to another beach was just too much. Also, half grew up in Harvey Bay/Maryborough . By curious coincidence, also where P. L. Travers came from.
    Do you mean South Bank? I remember that place being awesome to go on a weekend. Might have been just rose colored glasses though. Been like 15-20 years or so.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • MATATAT said:

Do you mean South Bank? I remember that place being awesome to go on a weekend. Might have been just rose colored glasses though. Been like 15-20 years or so.

Well, it is an artificial beach, so it's not the best around, but it's certainly pretty alright of a summer's day. Lots of shops and restaurants about, the beach itself is plesant enough, short walk to the city.

• I have forgotten what boredom is like. In it's place I have a horrible tire-screeching sound representing when I want to be working on something other than what I'm currently working on.