This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The LHC

Comments

• 4 things are going to happen:
    1) Greatest thing that ever happened to man kind.
    2) Stargate program
    3) Half-life 1
    4) or zombies
  • One thing that has been created, bad pickup lines for geeks:

"Hey beby, wanna collide with my hadron?"
  • I just hope that if we access a parallel universe it's the pirate themed one.
  • Cute hula hoop girl -> Zippo cat in six posts... Well done FRCF, well done indeed.
    What was the original topic again?
  • I just hope that if we access a parallel universe it's the zombie pirate themed one.
    Fixed that.
    Hush you. >:( You darn well know that pointing out rule 40 is counter productive to preventing people from discovering Zippo cat.
  • What was the original topic again?
    Hush you. >:( You darn well know that pointing out rule 40 is counter productive to preventing people from discovering Zippo cat.
    I've presonal experience of this.
  • edited September 2008
    I've presonal experience of this.
    I'll end this here before something bad happens.
    There. Zippo cat.
    Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on
    edited September 2008
    I'll end this here before something bad happens.
    There. Zippo cat.
    With the power that I have demanded the internet to invest into me, I hereby declare that Mr. MacRoss has depicted the correct Zippo cat. Case closed.

To steer back towards the topic, and hope we manage to get out of this quicksand alive, how are your plans for the end of the world coming along? Have you already finished planning and started executing it? Are you saying humbug and ignore the end of the world? Please share yours FRC Forums members.
    Post edited by ... on
  • I want to be doing what I love.

Watching anime and eating dessert! Since it's a special occasion maybe I should drink too.
  • Watching anime and eating dessert!
    They have Ben And Jerry's vending machines over here - I shat bricks.
  • Make a satellite that will hang around where we are and hold all of Wikipedia with the words "Don't screw it up like we did!" written on the side in every language.
  • If the world were to end, I would expect that the cause of Armageddon would somehow link back to something I did. I would also expect that I would be near (if not directly inside) the epicenter of the disaster. Therefore, it's not illogical to think that I'd be doing science, which leaves me repeating Viga's answer.

If the world ends some other way (Nazis riding dinosaurs), I'll probably do my best to pack in as many things I never got to experience in life as I can. Money wouldn't be any object, because it's hard to default on a loan when it is provided by an extinct bank, supplied in a currency that no longer exists, and you are dead.
    I'd question the quality of the Ben & Jerry's in that case...0_o
    I'd question the quality of the Ben & Jerry's in that case...0_o
    They were bricks of pure joy. Heavy, pointy, chafing joy.
    No, Ninja universe for the win. I'm not talking Naruto ninja, well kinda, but not the dumb episodes.
    No, Ninja universe for the win. I'm not talking Naruto ninja, well kinda, but not the dumb episodes.
    How about you are both wrong....

Doctor Who universe! Or Digimon universe!
  • Or Digimon universe!
    You'll at least have some people on your side on that one.

*brainexplode* D:
  • JayJay
    edited September 2008

Doctor Who universe! Or Digimon universe!
    Dibs on Myotismon!
    Post edited by Jay on
  • Welcome Dr. to your fist day on the job here at the LHC. Your equipment you will need for this job is, the supervisor goes behind the counter and starts to put items on the table. A clipboard...a pen...a crowbar...bullet-proof vest...a gun. Whoa!? I can see the need for a clipboard and maybe the crowbar, but a bullet-proof vest and a gun? I mean come on, it's not like aliens are going to come from another dimension or Marines are going to be sent in to kill us all that is involved. I mean what is the chances of that?
  • Or Digimon universe!
    You'll at least havesome peopleon your side on that one.

*brainexplode* D:
    D: I am not them! Nooooooooooooooo! It's like a step up from otakin! LMAO!
  • Well, since CERN's LHC is now all borked, maybe we should turn to C.E.R.M. instead
  • edited September 2008
    Or Digimon universe!

*brainexplode* D:
    I actually spent some time trolling the Pokemon version of that board. It's creepy how serious they all are. I even heard tell of a holy flame war between the Dijiclipse and Pokeclipse forums.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • Well, since CERN's LHC is now all borked, maybe we should turn to C.E.R.M. instead

LMAO,
  • Or Digimon universe!

*brainexplode* D:
    I actually spent some time trolling the Pokemon version of that board. It's creepy how serious they all are. I even heard tell of a holy flame war between the Dijiclipse and Pokeclipse forums.
    Lamers to the 15th power.
  • Oh no they didn't:

Now it's on. You hear that NASA? IT IS ON!!
    LHC TDR wordle
  • How are NASA and CERN related?
  • No relation at all, NASA just sponsored that rap video, apparently in response to the LHC rap.
  • edited March 2010
    The protons are circling around the LHC right now. They just made the first collision at 7 TeV. Cheers.
    Post edited by GreyHuge on
  • The protons are circling around the LHC right now. They just made the first collision at 7 TeV. Cheers.
    Fanta...*consumed by blackhole*