This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Why are doing this Japan?

Comments

• edited September 2008
    We already have addicts among us.
    What do you find wrong about a game that explores relationships?
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • But this is beyond that ,this one is connected to the net. This kind of games are evolving to something else.
    Imagine how many more hikikomori this game will make? :O
  • edited September 2008
    All we need to do is develop this into the point where we can trick Japanese men and women into talking to each other again, the problem comes full circle and solves itself.

This kind of game is probably going to make very few people lean towards becoming shut-ins. It's most likely going to be played as a casual thing and even encourages socializing.

To what extend do women discuss their relationships compared to men? I'd hazard a guess and say it's more often and that that has something to with this being a site aimed at women.
  • Wow, there's only 4 virtual boyfriends? And they are going out with all the different girls! What man-sluts!

I can just see the facebook drama:
    Girl: What? You're dating guy #4 too? How could you? *unfriend*

But seriously, it's pretty tame. Instead of Nintendogs, they have Nintenboyfriends. Big Woop.

I wish they made a site like this with all the net chara, like Hatsune Miku.
    :(
    Aww get over it erwin. Go watch some robots punch each other. You'll feel better.
  • :(
    Aww get over it erwin. Go watch some robots punch each other. You'll feel better.
    You are right but I need more of this
    <3
  • I wonder if there's one for lesbians? I was interested but I couldn't help but think, "how dull, it's with boyfriends."
  • I wonder if there's one for lesbians? I was interested but I couldn't help but think, "how dull, it's with boyfriends."
    Just play the game that is designed for guys where you try to get girlfriends. They never show your character, so if you are a girl then it's lesbians.
  • edited September 2008
    I'm not so sure. I wouldn't think the way in which the characters react to the player would suit a girl that well. I'll keep an eye out for lesbian h-games on my travels.
    Hmm.. I've found some stuff but it seems like lesbian relationships meant to be watched by guys as opposed to a relationship with the player who happens to also be a girl.
  • Equal opportunity?
  • I remember some friends of mine who are lesbians were very disappointed when they found out that in the lucky star dating game, you play as some random guy, instead of as Konata.
    There needs to be a girl's love game aimed at a female audience, like Marimite. (Ha, when you write the abbreviation for Maria-sama ga miteiru in english it looks like "marmite." That would be a funny name for a yuri manga.)
  • I wish they made a site like this with all the net chara, like Hatsune Miku.
    You and me both, Emily. You and me both.
  • I wish they made a site like this with all the net chara, like Hatsune Miku.
    You and me both, Emily. You and me both.
    s/I wish they made/We could make/
  • CAN WE? PLEASE?
  • You forget, this is America (strictly speaking, this is England, nvm). People are bit more zealous with the copyright.
  • You forget, this is America (strictly speaking, this is England, nvm). People are bit more zealous with the copyright.
    Who has copyright on the various tans and chans? Seriously. We can totally get away with it.
  • Well, Hatsune Miku is out, because she is actually a copyrighted character. However, OS tans are all good.
  • edited September 2008
    I was referring specifically to Hatsune and the Vocaloids (that would be an awesome band) which are official mascots.
    What the rabbit said.
  • Well, we can start with the os-tan, but later we can get Yamaha as a sponsor. We will put their characters in the game, and use the Vocaloid technology to make all the characters talk. It will be one big Yamaha had, and we'll make moneys.
  • You could make the characters talk using vocaloid anyway.
  • You could make the characters talk using vocaloid anyway.
    But then they would all sound like Hatsune Miku.
  • I've always harbored a secret dream of working on a VN, and I'll just point out that there are a few engines to make VN games. The one I've heard the most about, and seems the best, is RenPy.
  • edited September 2008
    You forget, this is America (strictly speaking, this is England, nvm). People are bit more zealous with the copyright.
    Who has copyright on the various tans and chans? Seriously. We can totally get away with it.
    Yeah, for the exception of Hatsune Miku. Since everyone and their mother makes drawings of OS-tans, even if the original creator stepped up and opposed it, he'd/she'd be fighting for a character which is using an even bigger entities trademark. I don't think we'd have any problems.
    You could make the characters talk using vocaloid anyway.
    But then they would all sound like Hatsune Miku.
    Yeah, and actually, Vocaloid is pretty horrible for just speech synthesis. You'd be better off leaving it as text and having the voices left to the imagination.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • voice acting? I mean, how hard can it be to find someone to slap a couple of hundred of lines for the game? you can probably get some college exchange student to do it for free
  • Imagine playing a game that sounds like every bad podcast you have ever come across.
  • not really, if you are making an actual game, means you have time for post production and tweaking, most colleges have good recording equipment, if not, a couple of studio hours (specially if you do it in a technical school, probably get some student to help so it counts as work for class) shouldn't put that much of a hole in your budget.
  • Yup that would sum it up.
  • Protip: You don't need voice acting in a VN.
  • well, a few giggles, hums, wows, laughs, shock expression, etc. would be nice at the very least
  • True, True. Actually, I think I might have a couple girls I can recruit to do those sorts of sound effects if needed.

I guess the question is, is this all shit-talk, or are the people here who are interested in doing this actually willing to put time into it.

I'm always looking for a fun project, so I'm in. I'm good for music, dialogue, and male VO if needed.
  • I can try to write a plot if it doesn't branch too bad...