This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

No, you can NOT have a job, Kenneth!

edited September 2008 in Everything Else
So, uh...guess who just applied for an internship with my company. Kenneth Eng.

Yeah...that Kenneth Eng.

Who hates everyone and throws hammers at people

Needless to say, I said he can't have the job.

Comments

• THAT guy!? Wow.
  • Hahaha, small world.
  • Are you sure? It could have just been some troll sending Eng's resume to every job posting for fun.

Also, if he's so (in)famous, why does he want an internship? According to the Wikipedia he's a novelist, so shouldn't he be making moneys from books?
  • WHAHAHAHA! Oh dear, I never heard about the guy, but that book proposal and resume article is hilarious. Question, what did he say in return when you said no?
  • It might be a different person...
  • I guess the question is, did you meet him in person? Or was this just a resume that was emailed in?
  • It might be a different person...
    On his resume it said
    -NYU film student
    -Worked at Marvel, copying and doing office stuff
    -Has published 3 books.

That'd sure be a coincidence.
  • edited September 2008
    I guess the question is, did you meet him in person? Or was this just a resume that was emailed in?
    Email and resume was sent to me by my boss, asking if I wanted to interview him. I recognized who it was and figured if he came in he'd punch me for being a white woman before I could interview him. (My boss didn't recognize the name. I was NYU film, so I did.)
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • Are you crazy?! He's obviously an ingenious writer, you can tell by the cover of his book:

I mean, come on! To have that kind of imagination you need to be a genius... or 5 years old.
  • Actually, if you had shown me that book cover before I knew about the author, I would have wanted to read it for the lulz.
    edited September 2008
    Sour jeebox, Dragons having combined with the elements, jetplanes and wielding guns and dual-wielding swords?! Not to mention the armour, covering their sensitive, thick and protective scales. WE'RE FUCKING DOOMED! O.O And don't frown upon me when I shit my pants once we discover they can STILL breathe fire from their mouths.

EDIT: Note, the chances of the dragon(s) that have combined with the element of water will be the most likely kind to still spew dangerously hot flames from their intestines.
    Post edited by ... on
  • edited September 2008
    Wow. A Dragon with a sword... and a gun. That seems like something Dave and Joel would come up with on Fast Karate for the Gentleman.

But yeah, if Kenneth Eng can't have an internship, can I? :)
    Post edited by ColombianShadow on
  • This guy needs some serious help.
  • He seems to lack a good understanding of how evolution works or even what Schrodinger meant when talking about his cat.
  • ...He's a novelist, so shouldn't he be making moneys from books?
    HAHAHAHHAHA! You're lucky if you get more than $200 a month from them. REALLY lucky. I don't think Kenneth is really lucky.
  • edited September 2008
    The man is an insane bigot ... who writes about robot dragons in the middle ages. ... It's hard to imagine he'd have an audience large enough to make too much money.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • GeoGeo
    edited September 2008
    What the fuck?! Why the hell does Eng want a job at your workplace Emily? It's a good thing you shot that frickin' bigot down. If I were a boss of a company, and he came into my workplace and I knew who he was, I would call security and walk with them so we could kick him out and tell him to not show his face around my building again.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Books probably ain't selling to well.
    Also, when I'm hungering for a mix of futuristic dragons and excellent story, Anne McCaffrey is the way to go.
  • I didn't even know that genre existed.
  • No wonder people look down on vanity publishing.
  • Update time: Kenneth Eng just randomly showed up at our office and asked for a job. WTF? Who does that? I wanted to tell him off but I couldn't, I just said "We aren't hiring at the moment, but we have your resume on file." I wanted to talk to him like what on earth is going on?
  • I wanted to talk to him like what on earth is going on?
    He's desperate for work, and also socially screwed up. Thus, he will do weird things, and not realize they are weird. It's no different than the fanboys in the arcade who will play until they run out of money, despite a growing quarter-line, and they don't realize what they are doing goes against standard protocol.
  • Yeah, we seriously don't need a psychotic racist furry in our office.
  • Yeah, we seriously don't need a psychotic racist furry in our office.
    Psychotic racist furry...no matter how many times I say it I laugh like crazy.
  • I mean, come on! To have that kind of imagination you need to be a genius... or 5 years old.
    That cover could have come directly from one of my middle school Rifts games.
  • Update time: Kenneth Eng just randomly showed up at our office and asked for a job. WTF? Who does that? I wanted to tell him off but I couldn't, I just said "We aren't hiring at the moment, but we have your resume on file." I wanted to talk to him like what on earth is going on?
    Wow. Just wow. All the "cool" stuff happens when I'm not there : p
    But yeah, after watching that Youtube video, I don't think he should work anywhere. Ever.