This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

All of Baccano can be streamed for free

edited September 2008 in Everything Else
Funimation being the cool company they are have already offered Baccano subtitled. You can purchase it for $2 an eps, or the whole thing for $25 (savings of $7, weeeeeeee). Those of you who don't know of the Baccano, you can watch the first episode, streaming for free. This, in my opinion, is the best anime to come out in the last year. Mind you, that statement is based on the first 13 episodes, the last 3 are DVD add ons and aren't quite as brilliant as the rest of the show.

Baccano EPS 1

The password is "flying pussyfoot"

Comments

• edited September 2008
    I agree that Baccano! is probably the best anime of the last few years. The additional three episodes I think are good since they sort of wrap up some loose ends of the show, and also add some extra things. Crazy mechanic guy is awesome. Granted that you don't need them to enjoy the first 13, but they are a nice addition.

So what's the DRM on these videos anyway?
    Post edited by Kiey on
  • It's nice to see a trend for fast-release sub-only versions of shows popping up... I would rather not have to wait for the DVDs to come out, and I'd probably not watch it in English anyway. Props to you, Funimation!
  • So what's the DRM on these videos anyway?
    Some sort of windows media player thing. I hate DRM so I downloaded one episode to test it out. Seems to have to connect to funimation and acquire rights, lots of BS. I think I'll buy it and just hang on to my fansubs.
  • edited September 2008
    I think I'll wait for the DVDs then... maybe.
    Post edited by Kiey on
  • Just noticed that Funimation now hosts all of Baccano in subtitled form on their website.

If you have not seen Baccano and you call yourself an anime fan, you need to watch this.
  • It's all on Hulu too, but only for this month.
  • edited October 2009
    All the more reason to get the lead out and watch it. It's good! I'm waiting for a nice box set and then I will buy it.

EDIT: Hulu is also a probably a better way to watch this. Funimation's website is...flakey.
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • I now have an excuse to watch it again.
  • edited October 2009
    Isaac & Miria. You need no other reason to watch this show. No excuses necessary :)
    Post edited by Alan on
  • It's all on Anime News Network. Been that way for awhile.
  • As per usual, it's all U.S. only; No worries though, I torrented it and watched it a while back.
  • Isaac & Miria. You need no other reason to watch this show. No excuses necessary :)
    You meant to say "every single awesome character in the show", right? ;)
  • You meant to say "every single awesome character in the show", right? ;)
    Or the excellent animation, the slow reveals on most of the plot points, the fantastic dramatic tension.

This show is awesome in pretty much every regard.
  • Isaac & Miria. You need no other reason to watch this show. No excuses necessary :)
    You meant to say "every single awesome character in the show", right? ;)
    Are you suggesting there are non-awesome characters?
  • edited October 2009
    Are you suggesting there are non-awesome characters?
    I actually tried to think of a non-awesome character to reply to this with, even small bit players and I came up with nothing.
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • Are you suggesting there are non-awesome characters?
    I dunno - are you misinterpreting me?
    I dunno
    You don't know what you're suggesting?
    I dunno
    Are you really going to carry this on? Yes, I think all of the characters are awesome. Sheesh.
    I dunno
    Are you really going to carry this on?
    No.
  • I torrented this a long while back, after Rym and Scott talked about it and how awesome it was. Watched the first two episodes last night, and already it's incredible. I definitely agree with Issac and Miria being awesome. Idiotic, yet hilarious, is something that anime doesn't pull off well most of the time.
  • I definitely agree with Isaac and Miria being awesome. Idiotic, yet hilarious, is something that anime doesn't pull off well most of the time.
    I propose to you any genki character. The only difference is that Isaac and Miria are a pair. Most other shows don't have the cast for 2 genki characters. Either way, Isaac and Miria approve of 4chan.
  • I definitely agree with Isaac and Miria being awesome. Idiotic, yet hilarious, is something that anime doesn't pull off well most of the time.
    I propose to you any genki character. The only difference is that Isaac and Miria are a pair. Most other shows don't have the cast for 2 genki characters. Either way,Isaac and Miria approve of 4chan.
    Pish, bad writing can turn any type of character into un-funny shit. What Issac and Miria have going for them more than anything is good writing, rather than a gimmick.

That image warmed my little lolheart, Nine. Thanks. :)
    I'm not a huge fan of Graham Spector, myself. Seemed like they were trying too hard to out-crazy Ladd. Even he had his funny moments, though, like his repeated use of "a sad, sad story." He's at least better than any other given not-awesome characters in most other shows.
    edited October 2009
    little lolheart
    I need new glasses. That doesn't read 'little loliheart'.
    What Isaac and Miria have going for them more than anything is good writing, rather than a gimmick.
    Actually, the show has good writing going for it, not just Isaac and Miria. They're still airheaded genki characters though. They have a gimmick that is well executed, nothing bad about that. You make it sound like having a gimmick is a bad thing.

Show me an unfunny genki character.

EDIT: Also, yes I know that they're like right next to each other, but Isaac's name is still spelled single 's', double 'a'.
    Post edited by ... on
  • Noooo, it's "lol" as in the most overused internet acronym in existence. D:
  • Noooo, it's "lol" as in the most overused internet acronym in existence. D:
    Lol is not an acronym. You crazy English speakers should stop trying to imitate us Dutch.
  • I lost interest in this show about halfway through.
  • How? You must be broken.
  • How? You must be broken.
    No, I just got tired of it. The characters were fun, but the overall plot was weak (at least up to the point I stopped watching it). It seemed like it would have made a better movie length film than a series, at least for me.
  • But that's right when they reveal a bunch of interesting plot points. Weird.