This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

everything will be ok

GeoGeo
edited September 2008 in Everything Else
A friend of mine just showed me a phenomenal animation called "everything will be ok". I had never seen an animation quite like this before, and I was taken aback by it's unusual storytelling methods. Apparently it was made by some animator named Don Hertzfeld who apparently made some kinda name for himself in animation.

The story is very unusual (as I've said already) and really has to be seen to be understood. Fortunately, this is on youtube and you can watch it. The link to part 1 is here,so here ya go.

Comments

• edited September 2008
    dude Don Hertzfeldt is awesome, try Billy's Balloon (thanks Cramit) and rejected.
    Post edited by MrRoboto on
  • edited September 2008
    Billy's Balloon!
    Post edited by Cramit on
  • Billy's Balloon!
    That is unsettling. Awesome, but unsettling.
  • GeoGeo
    edited September 2008
    That is unsettling. Awesome, but unsettling.
    If I forgot to mention that Hertzfelds' work is an acquired taste, then I apologize to everyone.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • That is unsettling. Awesome, but unsettling.
    If I forgot to mention that Hertzfelds' work is an acquired taste, then I apologize to everyone.
    Nothing to apologize for. The dream where he's throwing corpses off the boat in the first vid made me laugh my ass off. My thanks to you for posting it.
  • edited September 2008
    Don Hertzfeldt is the man. Here's Rejected:

I've come to think that a lot of his animation is reminiscent of Gary Larson's work.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • Don Hertzfeldt is the man. Here's Rejected:
    I've come to think that a lot of his animation is reminiscent of Gary Larson's work.
    It is scary and breathtaking, I'm glad that i now know where that one clip in AMV Hell 2 came from.
  • This stuff is like a train wreck: You don't want to watch, but you cant look away.
  • This stuff is like a train wreck: You don't want to watch, but you cant look away.
    That's Hertzfeldt in a nutshell. A dark and delightful nutshell.
  • Don made a fantastic comic for Flight vol. 2. If you get a chance, I highly recommend checking it out.
  • Don made a fantastic comic for Flight vol. 2. If you get a chance, I highly recommend checking it out.
    Ooooh..... that is a must-buy!
  • I've seen his rejected video before, but I didn't know he made more than just that. I just love his style of humor, it's so random and nonsensical. I think there's a word for it, but I can never remember it.
  • This reminds me of Andy Riley's book of bunny suicide for some reason.
  • It IS like bunny suicide now that you mention it.