This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Jack Thompson disbarred - permanently!

edited September 2008 in Video Games
The case is closed (though Thompson won't admit it), and the wicked witch is finally dead:

http://kotaku.com/5054772/jack-thompson-disbarred

I propose we make September 25th a national holiday.

Comments

• JayJay
    edited September 2008
    This had better go up as a holiday by the end of the week on my geek calendar. Come on, Internets: don’t fail me. Though, now that he is gone, is this truly a good thing? He has left a hole in the jackass continuum, a power vacuum which must be filled, just as ineffective creationism was replaced with the much harder to legally handle Intelligent Design. Will the new Jack just be better and stronger than the one before?

Edit* I forgot a question mark? Wow, Mr. Period is back in full force :S.
    Double Edit* A colon after Internets? I don’t even know what grammar rule that is. *looks for grade three English notes*
    Post edited by Jay on
  • Thishadbetter go up as a holiday by the end of the week on my geek calendar.Come on, Internets:don’t fail me. Though, now that he is gone,is this truly a good thing? Hehas lefta hole in the jackass continuum, a power vacuumwhichmust be filled, just as ineffective creationism was replaced withthemuch harder to legally handle Intelligent Design. Will the new Jack just be better and strongerthanthe one before?
    That was quite profound, considering the mind-boggling use of the red pen.
  • I declare today a holiday! Who's with me!?
  • He doesn't matter enough for his demise to warrant a holiday.
    No, he doesn't. But I hate him enough to celebrate it. He represents two things I strongly dislike: right-wing nut-jobs and scum-bag lawyers that give the profession a bad name.
    No, he doesn't. But I hate him enough to celebrate it. He represents two things I strongly dislike: right-wing nut-jobs and scum-bag lawyers that give the profession a bad name.
    To celebrate his downfall is to acknowledge that he mattered in any way. He didn't. He was a scuzzy, attention seeking, grasping, opportunistic, close-minded little man. It is like swatting a fly, the following day you won't even remember the fly existed.
  • To celebrate his downfall is to acknowledge that he mattered in any way. He didn't. He was a scuzzy, attention seeking, grasping, opportunistic, close-minded little man. It is like swatting a fly, the following day you won't even remember the fly existed.
    Can't you let a lonely, petty man have his juvenile moment of happiness? Why must you abuse me with your logic? :-D
  • Why must you abuse me with your logic? :-D
    The FRC Forums: Where we abuse you with logic. :P
    TRUTH!
  • edited September 2008
    Destructoid's image on the article demonstrates the proper reaction to have.
    Post edited by Coldguy on
  • I declare today a holiday! Who's with me!?
    I would, if I hadn't already worked it. I demand stat and overtime pay!
    TRUTH!
    If this isn't the official slogan on the top of the forum by sundown, I will lose faith in Scrym forever.
  • edited September 2008
    Photobucket
    It should really be Dumb Attorney.
    Post edited by CHOIS CHOIS CHOIS on
  • I am awesome because I say so.

Finally. I'm supprised it took them this long to do it and he gave the florida bar a bad name. I just wonder what he will do next.
  • Probably write a book about his "sad and unfair" life.
  • If this isn't the official slogan on the top of the forum by sundown, I will lose faith in Scrym forever.
    So is your faith lost now, Jason?
  • edited September 2008
    Probably write a book about his "sad and unfair" life.
    Yes and we will all ROFL at it until his corpse decay in his hell hole six feet under!

I did a English paper last week in which we had to use satir and I, of course, used "video games do make you violent" and during which I used a line like, " That goddess Jack Thompson is on the case!"
    Post edited by CHOIS CHOIS CHOIS on
  • Yes and we will all ROFL at it until his corpse decay in his hell hole six feet under!

I did a English paper last week in which we had to use satir and I, of course, used "video games do make you violent" and during which I used a line like, " That goddess Jack Thompson is on the case!"
    "goddess Jack Thompson?" WTF?
  • Yes and we will all ROFL at it until his corpse decay in his hell hole six feet under!

Don't mind that. It's just a bad and sexist attempt at making a joke.

Isn't it sad that I just assumed he had misspelled it, and that he really meant "Thank goodness Jack Thompson is on the case!"?