This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The Official Friday Night Party Line Thread.

Comments

• The original was a bit sweary.
  • Can I skip back a show and ask a question?
    What's so bad about gel pens?
    For the record, gel pens are awesome. I use the Uni-ball Signo gel every day at work. I use the Tul gel at home. Low friction plus deep dark ink, gel pens ftw!
  • Can I skip back a show and ask a question?
    What's so bad about gel pens?
    For the record, gel pens are awesome. I use the Uni-ball Signo gel every day at work. I use the Tul gel at home. Low friction plus deep dark ink, gel pens ftw!
    That's the one I use, actually. That's why I'm wondering why Rym's so anti-gel pen.
  • I'm just wondering, where does the music come from? I swear I've heard it several times before, but I have no lyrics or anything to search for.
  • I'm just wondering, where does the music come from? I swear I've heard it several times before, but I have no lyrics or anything to search for.
    I imagine it's off a podsafe music website because I have heard it on other podcasts such as Left Field Cinema. I could be wrong though.
  • It was made in Garage Band. That's why it sounds familiar.
  • After a much longer hiatus than I planned, Episode 40 is up. This was actually recorded on 2/13 and sadly Rym and Scott were not available. But the good news is that the show is back and I'm hoping we can record another one soon.
  • After a much longer hiatus than I planned,Episode 40is up. This was actually recorded on 2/13 and sadly Rym and Scott were not available. But the good news is that the show is back and I'm hoping we can record another one soon.
    I'm free tomorrow.
  • You know, I think the show loses something when you take away the performers. People like Rym, Scott, Luke, and to some extent Ray all add an energy to the show that seems to keep everyone else moving and on track.

I still love the show without them, though. Keep it up!
  • After a much longer hiatus than I planned,Episode 40is up. This was actually recorded on 2/13 and sadly Rym and Scott were not available. But the good news is that the show is back and I'm hoping we can record another one soon.
    I'm free tomorrow.
    I'm free tonight. And, as luck would have it, my body is still on Chile time.
  • After a much longer hiatus than I planned, Episode 40 is up. This was actually recorded on 2/13 and sadly Rym and Scott were not available. But the good news is that the show is back and I'm hoping we can record another one soon.
    Yes, awesome. Good to see that FNPL is back from a rest.
  • edited May 2009
    So, I've been catching up on Friday night party line (bty Thaed, Great show), and I noticed one thing about every time Rym is on the show. He uses the same damn quotes and stories! In two different shows he's used the same quote of Admiral Nelson referring to "luck" to answer two different questions. Referred to Emperor Constantine in no less then three discussions!. I have no problem with this as I have been known to repeat a story (Rym and I repeat the exact same conversation every time we go hiking) but it's very funny to listen to all the Friday night party lines in a row and find out many times Rym uses the same answer to answer a different question each week he is on.

Now of course I've doomed myself to hearing another episode where I'm sure Rym brings up Admiral Nelson and luck :-p
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • I have no problem with this as I have been known to repeat a story (Rym and I repeat the exact same conversation every time we go hiking) but it's very funny to listen to all the Friday night party lines in a row and find out many times Rym uses the same answer to answer a different question each week he is on.
    Those answers are the answers to so many questions, especially the ones we discuss on FNPL. ;^)
  • Those answers are the answers to so many questions, especially the ones we discuss on FNPL. ;^)
    Oh I know, I just was cracking up at work, because I listened to all of them in short order so it was pretty entertaining hearing you repeat yourself over and over again ^_^
  • It's been a while, hasn't it? I'm really missing the intellectual round-table of awesome that was FNPL. Anyone else echo that sentiment?
  • edited June 2009
    Much as we all love and miss the introspective ramblings about the emergent behavior of complex systems, Thaed is busy, busy guy.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Thaed is busy, busy guy.
    The fact that you left out the "a" after "is" makes it possible to read this as "Thaed is busy, you busy guy." Which is funny.
  • edited June 2009
    The fact that you left out the "a" after "is" makes it possible to read this as "Thaed is busy, you busy guy." Which is funny.
    I was doing it more for effect. It'd probably sound better coming from Gomidog.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • The fact that you left out the "a" after "is" makes it possible to read this as "Thaed is busy, you busy guy." Which is funny.
    Or the Heavy.
  • The fact that you left out the "a" after "is" makes it possible to read this as "Thaed is busy, you busy guy." Which is funny.
    Or the Heavy.
    Or anyone with a thick accent.
  • We actually have one in the can that I need to edit. I have honestly been thinking about hiring someone to edit the shows for me.
  • We actually have one in the can that I need to edit. I have honestly been thinking about hiring someone to edit the shows for me.
    That's just crazy. Also, that show sort of got away from us. Skype problems didn't help.
  • Yep. But the stuff in the beginning while everyone was logging in was great banter. I should get to it this week. But if there's anyone on the forum who wants to be our editor for cash, email me what you're looking for.
  • Sonic regrets being such a busy person now.
  • edited June 2009
    Sonic emailed Thaed an hour ago.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Sonic emailed Thaed an hour ago.
    Geekchat, within two weeks, make it happen.
  • edited June 2009
    Sonic emailed Thaed an hour ago.
    Geekchat, within two weeks, make it happen.
    You realize that a successful Geek Chat depends very little on me and very much on the other people in the chat. If you can get the women of this forum to take part, it will be a lot more interesting than just us blokes.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • You realize that a successful Geek Chat depends very little on me and very much on the other people in the chat.
    Says you.
  • I took part in two GeekChats early on. They were fun, but I haven't taken part since. Maybe I will next time.
    edited June 2009
    I took part in two GeekChats early on. They were fun, but I haven't taken part since. Maybe I will next time.
    Gomily is in the same boat, SHE CANNOT RUN IF YOU TAKE CONTROL OF THE BOAT! Also, Sonic, you missed the Geekchat of: image
    Also known as, the Geekchat where Nine almost died, twice, due to severe laughing/lack of oxygen. Up there for best Geekchat ever.
    Post edited by ... on