This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekRooms

Comments

• I have the same poster now. I love it so much, I just wish mine was signed...
  • I've actually started to hang up posters and other paraphernalia. This is what I've done so far in my computer room.

• Uhhh wtf is that poster in the middle?
  • Uhhh wtf is that poster in the middle?
    The sign I made when I went to go pick up Rym & Scott at the airport for PAX 2008.
  • The sign I made when I went to go pick up Rym & Scott at the airport for PAX 2008.
    You're amazing.
  • GeoGeo
    edited December 2009
    The sign I made when I went to go pick up Rym & Scott at the airport for PAX 2008.
    You're amazing.
    Ro, was that from the Caramelldansen vid Emily made a while ago?
    Post edited by Geo on
  • edited December 2009
    Ro, was that from the Caramelldansen vid Emily made a while ago?
    Yes. I took the image and did the following:

Added color + Ice Hockey dude + Scott pantless = profit.

Wasn't too much to do at Kinko's. I didn't want to get rid of it, so I put in on my wall with the PAX Button I had made.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Ro, was that from the Caramelldansen vid Emily made a while ago?
    Yes. I took the image and did the following:

Added color + Ice Hockey dude + Scott pantless = profit.

Wasn't too much to do at Kinko's. I didn't want to get rid of it, so I put in on my wall with the PAX Button I had made.
    That's a keeper.
  • I moved into a small geekhaus with two (later three) friends this past October, and so far it's been awesome. It's one room per floor, but none of us really uses a lot of space, so it hasn't been a problem. Plus rent is ridiculously good, so that's a plus. Anyway, I've been meaning to post pictures of the house/my room for ages now. However, I've alternately kept either forgetting or not feeling like writing titles/descriptions/tags for them on Flickr (I don't really like posting description-less photos unless they've been taken for the pretty factor). XD;; Oh well, here they are now, at least!

The full gallery is here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8485090@N08/sets/72157623211858874/ If you don't want to go through all that (and I bet that's the case), here are a few representative photos (click to embiggen).

Main view of my new room.
    Eryn's New Room

My original bed and laptop set-up. Just a mattress on the floor, but still comfy (got a bed frame since). Also, the tablet and mouse are necessary; my laptop's trackpad is busted. :(
    Home Base

Caught one of my roommates, Jess, lounging on our awesome stairs.
    Spiral Staircase - Chillin'

Surprisingly, the kitchen does look like this a good percentage of the time. We're not total slobs. Just mostly slobs. ;P Also, that Pikachu plate? I made that at a pottery place in grade six. Still love it. Kitchen - Lemony Fresh

The main view of Jess and Tom's room. I can't imagine how long it took to put all those up. :o
    Upstairs - Anime Heaven

Our new basement dweller's manga collection just after she moved in. Oh wow. :O
    Basement - The Finished Stacks
  • Our new basement dweller's manga collection just after she moved in. Oh wow. :O
    I drooled a bit.
  • Those kinds of stairs are my sworn, mortal enemy. Every time I'm near the end of them, I either slip or fall down. Regardless, kickass Geekhaus, Eryn.
  • edited January 2010
    I fear going down them at night sometimes, so I will occasionally bring my cell phone with me as a light when I have to make a late-night bathroom trip. XD Otherwise, I just hear the Absolute Destiny Apocalypse in my mind when I climb them. Spiral stairs are the win. <3
    Post edited by Eryn on
  • my sworn, mortal enemy
    I think you mean they are your sworn mortar enemy. Even though this particular example has no mortar other than at the base.
  • my sworn, mortal enemy
    I think you mean they are your sworn mortar enemy. Even though this particular example has no mortar other than at the base.
    Wut? Was that supposed to be a joke or something, because either I'm confused, or that wasn't funny.
  • Would a "ba-dum-pum-TISH" help you get the level of that joke?
  • Would a "ba-dum-pum-TISH" help you get the level of that joke?
    Not really...does the humor lie in the fact that mortar and mortal are spelled similarly?
  • Could just be a mis-understanding. I often forget that English isn't Nineless's first language.
  • edited January 2010
    My game/geek/guitar room from about a month ago.

Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Post edited by Loganator456 on
  • Logan, why does your mouse cost more than your monitor?
  • edited January 2010
    Logan, why does your mouse cost more than your monitor?
    Hahaha. Because he knows his priorities is the operation of his gaming vs viewing it? :P I am considering of getting that mouse as well.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
    'SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACKS'!

Also, Logan, can you please either use thumbnails, or manually resize those pictures down a lot? It's not like there will be a loss in quality. Merely a loss in file size, resolution, and lagging browsers with the large number of pictures of absurd-res forcefully scaled down.
  • Logan, why does your mouse cost more than your monitor?
    Haha, I don't even use that computer, my main one is actually in my living room. :) I actually got that monitor for free at a garage sale.

'SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACKS'!

Also, Logan, can you please either use thumbnails, or manually resize those pictures down a lot? It's not like there will be a loss in quality. Merely a loss in file size, resolution, and lagging browsers with the large number of pictures of absurd-res forcefully scaled down.
    Sure, I re-sized it to about 600px, but I can resize more.
  • Sure, I re-sized it to about 600px, but I can resize more.
    I said resize the images, not scaling them further down god damnit. Actually go into your photobucket and EDIT the pictures to a normal size. Scaling them down further DOES JACK SHIT.
  • Sure, I re-sized it to about 600px, but I can resize more.
    I said resize the images, not scaling them further down god damnit. Actually go into your photobucket and EDIT the pictures to a normal size. Scaling them down further DOES JACK SHIT.
    Ah, alright. Maybe you ought to get better internet?
  • Ah, alright. Maybe you ought to get better internet?
    lagging browsers with the large number of pictures of absurd-res forcefully scaled down.
    I still have my 20Mbps for 20 euros/month, I would say that's good enough. The problem is that you've put up multiple pictures that are over 3000x2000. That's ridiculous. There is never a reason to display those all at the same time at full resolution and client-side scaling them down to fit. You use thumbnails for that. Then you even forcefully scale that down (while that is okay for say a few >800 px wide pictures) making the browser renderer go apeshit over the scaling down of said huge sized images down to a reasonable size and then displaying it, which becomes a very noticeable and annoying split second lag in scrolling, whether by mouse-wheel or Page keys, on slower laptops, like netbooks which get more and more common these days.

Then there's just the kind action of not sending half a megabyte worth of data per picture that you then tell the browser to scale down to a size where all detail is lost (even though you got some high quality shit going on, hence I said you should just resize it for it won't matter), and you don't provide a means for the simple/lazy to view your images full sized, regardless of the viewer's internet connection. That shit is just not necessary and you shouldn't shove such downloads down people's throats.

Now, one last question. How the fuck do you get it in your head that client side scaling down somehow lowers the filesize of a fucking image? Because that is exactly what you are suggesting with your actions of scaling the images down even further and then telling people to get better internet when they tell you that you did nothing that makes a difference other than a smaller resolution. Where is your god damned brain? Did you accidentally shit it out or something? You are not retarded, so don't fucking act like you are.

If you want to show people large images, at least use the fucking pregenerated thumbnails code that Photobucket provides. It's much faster to do it that way too than this shit you've done because you only have to check the image checkboxes and then click Generate code.

I'll say this once, and will quote it to whomever, whenever needed: USE YOUR BRAIN, I FUCKING TRIPLE-ZILLION DARE YOU TO USE YOUR BRAIN FOR THE REST OF YOUR SHORT LIFE. AFTER ALL, LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO BECOME TOTALLY 100% PURE AWESOME. YOU DON'T HAVE TIME TO BE A FOOL. SO YOU WILL HAVE TO SETTLE FOR BECOMING AS AWESOME AS YOU CAN GET. NOW STOP MUCKING ABOUT AND START BECOMING MORE AWESOME.God damn am I tired
  • edited January 2010
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • *sees He is My Master in Logan's pic*

...w-why? Why!?
  • *sees He is My Master in Logan's pic*

...w-why? Why!?
    Note: Only one DVD.
  • Note: Only one DVD.
    True, but it is He is My Master.
  • True, but itisHe is My Master.
    I noticed that as well. It's one thing to watch it fansubbed, but buying the DVD denotes that he moe~s over that.