This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekRooms

Comments

• I noticed that as well. It's one thing to watch it fansubbed, but buying the DVD denotes that he moe~s over that.
    I'm not so sure, I've seen worse impulse buys.
  • edited January 2010
    I'm not so sure, I've seen worse impulse buys.
    Like Love Hina as well?
    Edit: aren't a lot of those harem shows?
    Post edited by MrRoboto on
  • Edit: aren't a lot of those harem shows?
    The stuff is either harem, comedy, Cowboy Bebop of Pokemon. We already knew these interests, what's with the surprise? At least he's just a punk kid high on hormones and not a 30+ year old fat neckbeard living in his parents' basement.
  • Yeah, I didn't even watch the subs before I bought the DVD, but I knew it was up my alley so I bought it anyways. Turns out I like it a bit, but my favorites have to be the Tenchi collection and Spice and Wolf I just bought.
  • GeoGeo
    edited January 2010
    I actually have a pretty non-geeky room. The reason for that is, is that I am extremely absentminded (not like Rym though) and I'm really messy as a result and I leave shit everywhere, it's a nightmare but I'm improving upon that problem. Anyway, I'm currently cleaning out everything in my room and am getting rid of all the inane and useless books, items, games, etc that I have horded away over the years. This is being done because I'm repainting my entire room because...it looks kinda kiddie with this garish blue paint that a 7 year old would have in his room. My room wall. I'm getting it repainted to a color called Adirondack Green and I think it'll look pretty damn slick. More pics to come in the following weeks.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Adirondack Green
    For the non-painters among us, A deep green with a yellow tint.
  • I organized a few things in my room the other day and decided to take some pictures while it still looked (relatively) nice.
    Photobucket The view upon entering.
    Photobucket Posters above my bed.
    Photobucket My bulletin board. I rarely take anything off of it, and just put new stuff up instead.
    Photobucket Some of my plushies.
    Photobucket The top shelf of my bookshelf is kind of small, so I use it for my DS games, and some DVDs.
    Photobucket I'm running out of room on my bookshelf, clearly.
    Photobucket I made this in a ceramics class I took last year. I think it looks neat. It's cnidarian-themed.
    Photobucket And last, here's my cat Kassie.
  • @Diddgery
    Love the Chopper Plushie and the Yoshi egg.
  • It's cnidarian-themed.
    YES.
  • Kassie looks almost exactly like my basement roommate's new cat, only with larger eyes. So cute. <3
  • As I mentioned earlier, I was getting my room repainted Adirondack Green instead of leaving it that ugly blue color I showed you all. The room is reapainted, but for the sake of the point of the thread; I won't take and show pics until my whole room is completely finished as I'm getting new furniture as well.
  • I want to make some vinyl wall decals and I found a great guide that tells me how. But I need some ideas of what to make. I was thinking of something like an emblem of sorts or a creeping darkness kind of thing, anyone have any ideas they could give me?
  • edited February 2010
    This is a set of the Room of Jed and Viga! When I moved in I kinda otakufied it a lot with the posters and figures. Heh. Luckily, he said he loves them too.
    Post edited by Viga on
  • Otaku rooms through the years
    It makes me very sad that there isn't a Gundam model in the 2010 illustration.
    ... the girl in the 'fujoshi' picture is too cute to represent a fujoshi... and it makes me wonder "WHERE IS ALL THE ASTRONOMY STUFF?!
    My room looks more like a guy otaku then.
  • My main geekery is juggling. So much so that I moved into an apartment with enough room and ceiling height to juggle. I've recently laid a new carpet and done other general decorating in that room and the living room.

February 2007, before I moved in (that is the property agent and my ex-girlfriend):

The same room today:

The juggling space is the big empty area. All my practice gear is kept in the cases on the right hand side. Behind the camera is another 4 meters of space, which I'm currently using to build the stage of the new show I'm working on. I've shared videos and photos of that in the past.
  • That ladder to the bedroom is still awesome.
  • What the fuck is a meter? Are you drunk? Is that like one of those "chevron" things they use in Canada?
  • What the fuck is a meter? Are you drunk? Is that like one of those "chevron" things they use in Canada?
    Does "4 metres" sate your question?
    Does "4 metres" sate your question?
    Don't try, those Americans can never be taught.
  • Don't try, those Americans can never be taught.
    THEY REJECT A FRACTION OF THE DISTANCE LIGHT TRAVELS IN A VACUUM IN A SECOND; THEREFORE THEY REJECT ALL OF LIGHT (a fraction at a time) MEANING THEY ARE UNSCIENTIFIC HEATHENS! BUUUUUUUUURN!
  • Worse yet they use Fahrenheit to measure temperature. That ungodly system is unintelligible to the rest of us. When you say 'it's 100 degrees outside' you better mean that the apocalypse is nigh, cause to me that's when your internal juices start to boil.
  • How many times must we drill it through your thick, European skulls? We're American, and that means we get to do whatever we want.

Who controls the British Crown?
    Who Keeps The Metric System Down?
    We Do, We Do...

But seriously, I like your house Luke. You plan on putting up paintings/pictures on the rest of the walls?
  • My ex girlfiend, being an artist, used to over-supply art for the walls in my apartment. It's a good job I'm quite a fan of her artwork. But, because she's packed all her stuff and moved out, she packed up most of the art too. I told her I wanted some for the walls, and she left some, but not the pieces that are my favourites. I could dig them out of storage, but haven't asked for permission yet. The two pieces in the photo above are the first two pieces she ever made in that style, in fact we made them together, so I'm happy to have them in particular.

That said, I'm looking for new art. I have a lot of photos, and I'm currently trying to decide which ones I want to mount in frames and put on the walls. I ad loads developed, to see which looked good on paper rather than on a screen, and ended up filling the frames I bought in a photo montage style. This looks great, but isn't too suitable for such a big room.

And I did find some cool prints of other art to buy. A listener to my podcast became my friend on facebook, and I didn't recognise his name so googled him to see from where or how I knew him. It turns out he's a painter. It's a pity his pictures are so small that a print would be swallowed by that big room, but I might get a small print anyway.

• edited May 2010
    This might help in your quest for art.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • I live in Berlin. If I want cheap art I can find it quite easily. But I don't want cheap art, I want art that means something to me.
  • My main problem right now is frames. There is framing guy within walking distance, and he does a great job. However, he's very expensive. I would only bring him something if it were actually high quality. I managed to frame two of my posters with cheap frames from the craft store. Yet, I have 4 things I need to frame before I hang them. I can't seem to find cheap frames, like the ones from the craft store, that are anywhere near the right size for any of them. If I search online for frames I can't find anything in those sizes which is significantly cheaper than going to the framing guy.

The thing is, the framing guy only does ultra-high quality awesome frames. I would definitely take him a painting on canvas, but what I have are digital prints on paper. One of them is actually silk-screened, but even so. I'll re-measure them tomorrow and see what I can find.