This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekRooms

Comments

• I can't seem to find cheap frames, like the ones from the craft store, that are anywhere near the right size for any of them.
    I used to go with my aunt to cheap outlet stores that have generic paintings for sale. They normally have a ton of different styles and varieties, and she would just take the generic shit out and use them as normal frames.
  • Have you thought of getting him to send you a high res version of that image and run it through The Rasterbator?
  • I have had this poster up in my room for ages, but I love it so,
    Hosted by imgur.com
  • I can't seem to find cheap frames, like the ones from the craft store, that are anywhere near the right size for any of them. If I search online for frames I can't find anything in those sizes which is significantly cheaper than going to the framing guy.
    Depending on how off the size is, have you considered centering what you want to frame on a black or neutral background that fits the full frame? I've used the snap-on edge craft store frames for posters, and had to do something similar to fit a playbill sized movie poster in one. If the frames aren't even in the same ballpark of size though, this would be a horrible idea.
  • I finally cleaned up my room and reorganized all of the assorted knick-knacks, so I think it's time to show my room at home:
    This bureau used to be full of papers, and assorted anime and Final Fantasy figures. I believe this to be an improvement.
    My ever growing collection of Pook-a-Looz.
    Yes, that is what amounts to being a shrine to Pixar.
    I don't actually like the colour blue that much. My room used to be yellow, but my mom made me paint it to a more "boyish" colour. Also, the framed original Haunted Mansion attraction poster on the wall is one of my absolute favourite things in my room.
    The contents of my bedside table.
    You would be amazed at how many of the items in my room are still there from when I was little. The door hangar thing with my name on it is one such item.
  • I don't know how some of you live in rooms that are so full of tchochkes. I wouldn't be able to breathe in there.
  • I like colour and lots of it. The majority of the rooms in my house are painted off-white, so when it comes to decorating my room, I like to have it be as far away from that as possible. My mom never allowed me to hang up posters, so I made due with stuffed animals and figures.
  • My mom never allowed me to hang up posters, so I made due with stuffed animals and figures.
    Why?
  • She is afraid that poster tack is going to ruin the walls. Seriously, that is the reason.
  • She is afraid that poster tack is going to ruin the walls. Seriously, that is the reason.
    Um...who cares?
    There is such a thing as gum tack.
    There is such a thing as gum tack.
    I get the feeling that even that alternative solution wouldn't matter.
  • My mom is the kind of person who still believes that having a combo device (something like a scanner/printer) will make it infinitely easier to break.
  • My mom is the kind of person who still believes that having a combo device (something like a scanner/printer) will make it infinitely easier to break.
    What?! Where is the evidence for a judgement like that?
  • What?! Where is the evidence for a judgement like that?
    It's older people and technology, man. She's a product of a time where generally, if something was two things at once, it didn't do either thing well, and was easier to break, because more complexity, more points of failure.

Combine that with that she probably thinks these things are incredibly complex devices, and thus that they're easy to break, and you can see where she arrives at this conclusion.
  • My room used to be yellow, but my mom made me paint it to a more "boyish" colour.
    Did you know that untill the Victorian era, the colour for boys for pink and for girls it was blue. Plus yellow is a very gender free colour, what gives?
  • Plus yellow is a very gender free colour, what gives?
    That's what I told her, but once she believes something, nothing is going to change it.
  • My room used to be yellow, but my mom made me paint it to a more "boyish" colour.
    Did you know that untill the Victorian era, the colour for boys for pink and for girls it was blue. Plus yellow is a very gender free colour, what gives?
    Oh shit, I hadn't noticed the sentences between the pictures. Looking at that comment, and at the relevant pictures is hilarious though. So your mom insists that you paint your room blue instead of yellow BUT does not mind the SUPER FRILLY FRILLY WINDOWS DECORATION, probably because it's blue, therefore it must be BOYISH!
  • Oh shit, I hadn't noticed the sentences between the pictures. Looking at that comment, and at the relevant pictures is hilarious though. So your mom insists that you paint your room blue instead of yellow BUT does not mind the SUPER FRILLY FRILLY WINDOWS DECORATION, probably because it's blue, therefore it must be BOYISH!
    Yes, the contradiction is visible enough to be n an early Phoenix Wright case.

Jeremy's print arrived, and I bought a frame for it today. It won't stay in this place, but I'm not going to put it in the dining room until I've decorated in there.
  • Always meant to ask. What are all those dangly things in the corner?
  • It's just a mobile made of drift wood collected from beaches while on holiday.
  • It's just a mobile made of drift wood collected from beaches while on holiday.
    Hmm, maybe I should make a mobile... Maybe out of all the cheap plastic robots I have.
    Hmm, maybe I should make a mobile... Maybe out of all the cheap plastic robots I have.
    I am going to do that with all of my old Eldar models!
    I am going to do that with all of my old Eldar models!
    Hush little baby don't say a word, mama's gonna take you to the Craaaa-aaftworld...
  • It's just the Eldar above your head, packed in your closet and in your head!
  • My new dorm:
  • Won't the 360 burst into flames crammed up in there?
  • Won't the 360 burst into flames crammed up in there?
    I haven't had any problems and its right by the ventilation/cord hole. Plus its always pretty cold in here so hopefully I won't have any problems...I hope.
  • I finally cleaned up my Suite enough (and had it empty enough, which is actually the harder part) to be able to get some pictures taken!
    Here's the main room. ALL of the posters are mine.
    Top Shelf is books, second is games, third is movies, bottom is controllers.
    The door to my room:
    Gaming set-up. My TV (the smaller black one) is for the Wii. Bryce's (one of my roommates) is for the 360.
    My room. I don't spend that much time in here, except for sleeping:
    My desk space is pretty cool. Note the Perry the Platypus Inaction Figure. It does nothing.
    Bedside table of Pokemon fandom:
    Our very messy kitchen-ette. It's super hard to get my roommates (except for Corbin, who I share the bedroom with) to clean up anything, so it's up to us to do everything.