This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The "First time here?" Episode

edited July 2006 in GeekNights
Alright, I'm tired of hearing the whole explanation of the podcast at the beginning of the recent episodes. How about you guys record an MP3 of that explanation so I don't have to hear it anymore, eh?

Comments

• Ok, how do we make sure new listeners know to listen to it?
  • You have to mention it somewhere in each episode, the closer would work I suppose.
  • Is there a way to mess with the date of the post in the feed, putting in some distant point of the future. In that case it would be the first episode that they download and have a Listen to Me first or similar title.
  • Just bear with it. ;^) We only really want to do all of this when we see a sudden influx of new listeners. Plus, once we re-record the closing bit, we'll fill that out with all of the show information (so all of you "advanced" listeners can skip it). ^_~
  • It seems like there is a "sudden influx" of new listeners everyweek! I say we just let them fend for themselves. I mean if they are geeks they should be able to figure it out on their own...right? ;)
  • I figured it out on my own. It doesn't take long to figure it out. Once you figure out the format, you're pretty much addicted. Heck, I've been listening since November of last year. And I've been posting since early December when Scrym was begging listeners to join the forums. I pwn j00 all bitchez!
  • Yes, Rym and Scott looked deep within our souls and assigned us a number based on the order in which we joined.
  • I have been listening a little after the episode Rym's gal was invited.
    (No offence ...She freaks me out.)
  • I've been listening since 1996.

Pwned.
  • |_| |2 7|-|3 |-|4c|<><0|2
  • Gods Ken, has it been that long?
  • Doesn't it make you feel old? We played D&D back in Michigan about a decade ago.

Pwned.
    But, Kenjura, I registered on these forums a day before you.

n00b.

Pwned.
    But, Kenjura, I registered on these forums a day before you.

n00b.
    You are the n00b.
  • But, Kenjura, I registered on these forums a day before you.

n00b.
    You are the n00b.
    What are you talking about #107, you are the n00b.

So Spaketh #18, el33test of them all (except for the 17 who preceded me). I also have a large penis SO THERE!!!1!1!! HA! HA!
  • edited July 2006
    Hmmm... #16, and I've been listening since nearly the beginning. I am therefore 13373|2 7h4/\/ 411 j00 9/-/0015 who have posted above(other than Scrym).
    Post edited by Ilmarinen on
  • I have, and can post, the beta podcasts that Scrym wish(es) I didn't have.

pwn
  • I have, and can post, the beta podcasts that Scrym wish(es) I didn't have.

pwn
    You mean the beta podcasts that are still up and available where anyone who knows where to look can get them?
  • Well, only the super super cool people know where to look. You know, those other forums that pre-dated the FRC one here, where we play Dungeons and Dragons... ;^)
  • edited July 2006
    Interesting...

I'd like some old episodes on my iPod...

*evil laughter* >:-D
    Post edited by ProfPangloss on
  • Yeah, those are the ones. I figured they were still there.

11 hours ago? You get up way too early on a Saturday.