This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Songs That Motivate You

edited October 2008 in Everything Else
What songs motivate you? I'm talking songs that, when you listen to them, you feel like your power levels are over 9000. Get what I'm saying?

wxX3JkGHmDIRow Row Fight the Power!
4hNyGsabBaMSupersonic - Bad Religion
dcnWAzwEd6oYou wont see me coming - Jean-Jacques Burnel

Comments

• JUKE

BOX

HEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooo
  • edited October 2008
    Unity - Operation Ivy
    Turn it up loud and jump to it. It's awesome.

Flagpole Sitta - Harvey Danger
    Just one song of many I could post with an epic breakdown.

Boss of Me - They Might Be Giants
    The moment at 2:30 is absolute bliss for me. The video totally ruins it. Go find the mp3.
    Supersonic - Bad Religion
    When I saw the preview image I thought you were posting this and mad props would have been given.

Post edited by Sail on
  • Wow, some of the music here is pretty kickass.

Behold its weird ass music video. Just so up beat and happy, and with a good beat.

Gotta have some Daft Punk in there, of course.

"Move On Up" by Curtis Mayfeild. Something catchy I saw on an Aleve commercial one day. Very mellow and upbeat.

And this is the mother of all motivating songs, in my opinion. Shame I could only find it on a Naruto AMV. What gives?
  • edited October 2008
    The World is Not Enough, Garbage.

The Way You Look Tonight, Frank Sinatra

A Hard Rain's Gonna Fall, Bob Dylan

I'm Ain't Marchin' Anymore, Phil Ochs

Whose Side Are You On?, Pete Seeger

If I Had a Hammer, Peter, Paul, and Mary

Different Drum, Linda Ronstadt

A Change Is Gonna Come, Sam Cooke

Get Ready, The Temptations
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • To break from my usual pattern of Super Robot anime songs, I'm just going to say Foreplay/Long Time.
    It's beeeeeeenn such a longggggggggggggggggg time! I know I should be goin`, yeah!
  • edited October 2008
    When I saw the preview image I thought you were posting this and mad props would have been given.
    That song is practically the only piece of music I ever hear when I play Green Hill Zone in Smash Bros.
    Barracuda by Heart

The Raiders March by John Williams

Foreplay/Long Time by Boston

GaoGaiGar!

EDIT: Goddammit, Neito! You beat me to the punch!
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on

• Amon Amarth - Cry of the Blackbirds

I challenge you to find me a more awesome song.
  • I challenge you to find me a more awesome song.
    I submit Knights of Cydonia.
  • edited October 2008

Ah Ah - Aya Tsuchiya

Tatakae Otaking!

Just a Girl - No Doubt

Slayer op 1

Machinae Supremacy - Hero
    Post edited by Viga on
  • AERODYNAMIC - Daft Punk

Asleep at the Wheel - Working for a Nuclear Free City
  • Getter Robo + GaoGaiGar!=
  • edited October 2008
    I challenge you to find me a more awesome song.
    I submit Knights of Cydonia.
    People who cite Knights of Cydonia as the most awesome Muse song have never heard any tracks from Absolution.

Post edited by Sail on
  • Fireworks - Animal Collective

Midtown Afternoon - No One and the Somebodies
    Invisible - Modest Mouse
  • People who cite Knights of Cydonia as the most awesome Muse song have never heard any tracks from Absolution.
    I don't think that it is the most awesome Muse song ever and I have listened to Absolution. The reason I brought up Knights of Cydonia is that it motivates me and it is an awesome song, it also has one of the most kick ass music videos ever.
  • Glenn Case - Sea of Zombies and Conflict Approaches (can't find the vids at moment since I am at work).

Also Starship Amazing's Pokemon [insert does not equal sign here] Pokemon, it is track 12 on there latest album which you can download here.
  • Glenn Case - Sea of Zombies and Conflict Approaches (can't find the vids at moment since I am at work).
    Can't find any videos for that.
    Also Starship Amazing's Pokemon ≠ Pokemon, it is track 12 on there latest album which you can download here.
    Yes, I saw that song in the song list, hit play and laughed my ass off. Were you the one who initially linked Starship Amazing on these forums? Awesome stuff.

• Every time I see this video, it makes me feel really happy and inspired.
  • While Knights of Cydonia is an awesome song, and certainly an awesome video, it's not more awesome than VIKING DEATH METAL, especially when we're talking about songs that make us feel alive.

I mean, really. Read these lyrics:
    Charge your horses across the fields
    Together we ride into destiny
    Have no fear of death, when it's your time
    Oden will bring us home when we die!

The ground trembles under us
    As we make our thunderous charge
    The pounding hooves strikes blinding fear
    Into their heart

Our helmets shine in the sun
    As we near their wall of shields
    Some of them turn and run
    When they hear our frenzied screams
    How fucking awesome is that? That's WAY over 9000.
  • 50 Hertz makes me want to get up and move for some reason.

This is probably some of the strangest music I listen to.
  • That song... Oh my god... Wow... I could punch two bears in the face RIGHT NOW.
  • Ever since I heard GONG! I've been looking all over the place for an mp3, but I haven't found one yet. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough. Oh well.

Code Name ~ Eyeshield 21, from... Eyeshield 21.

• I've been on a huge Rush high lately

When I run, I'll listen to this and pretend I'm being chased by a giant robot.

Once I got used to it, I really started to like Horse the Band. Now I'd say they're my choice for something with a fast tempo.
  • Ruff Ryder's Anthem - DMX

I Am the Truth - AZ

Young, Gifted and Black - Big Daddy Kane

Latin Thugs - Cypress Hill

Hollywood Driveby - Immortal Technique, I love the whole song, but the "hidden track" at the end is my favorite part

Killin' It - Tech N9ne, Kalibur, Costik

Sav Life - Andre Nickatina, J. Diggs, Dub, I don't listen to any of the outside of this song, which I found while looking for stuff by Mac Dre

Money Over Bullshit - Nas

I would have also put some metal (Iced Earth, Death, and White Skull just thinking quickly) on here, but I got bored of youtube.
  • Tori Amos - Raspberry Swirl

Queen - Bicycle Race

Butthole Surfers - Whatever (I had a dream...)
    Give this one a minute, it gets there!

Bjork - Army of Me

• Strapping Young Lad - All Hail the New Flesh
  • Sail, I love you for your music, not just your body. Keep it coming. I've been in a music drought.

Roger Clyne & the Peacemakers - European Swallow (originally done by The Refreshments)

Hum - I Hate It Too

Smashing Pumpkins - The End Is the Beginning Is the End
  • Smashing Pumpkins - The End Is the Beginning Is the End
    Jason, the actual video you posted is of the other version of that song, "The Beginning is the End is the Beginning."
  • Also Starship Amazing's Pokemon ≠ Pokemon, it is track 12 on there latest album which you can downloadhere.
    Yes, I saw that song in the song list, hit play and laughed my ass off. Were you the one who initially linked Starship Amazing on these forums? Awesome stuff.

I think you would be correct, I do not recall anyone else been doing so. Random fact: one of the members of this band is none other then Derek Alexander aka The Happy Video Game Nerd.