This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 081023 - College Dorm Stories

edited October 2008 in GeekNights
Tonight on GeekNights we bring you anecdotes of the RIT dormitories. In the news, here are some real virtual criminals, and here are some real criminals.

Scott's Thing - Cosplay Boobies
Rym's Thing - Alternative Openers

Comments

• As someone who's going into an engineering school of some sort next year, you have one vote here for a better-produced RIT anecdote show.
  • Wow, I actually know one of the people featured in the Cosplay pics.
  • The episode isn't showing up on iTunes.
  • The episode isn't showing up on iTunes.
    We have to wait for it to be in the RSS Feed before we can get it in iTunes. Be patient.
  • Sadly, this is not the first time I've seen that Ducktales one.
  • Rym, you are epic fail for using that TotD. I advised against it, but noooo, nobody listens to Emi.
  • Rym, you are epic fail for using that TotD. I advised against it, but noooo, nobody listens to Emi.

Soooooooooo..... Wrong. But....
  • edited October 2008
    Rym, you are epic fail for using that TotD. I advised against it, but noooo, nobody listens to Emi.
    As funny as it was, my jaw dropped and part of me died on the inside.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • I actually really like the Knight Rider one.
  • Still not in Itunes? It's not showing up.
  • edited October 2008
    Rym, you are epic fail for using that TotD. I advised against it, but noooo, nobody listens to Emi.
    As funny as it was, my jaw dropped and part of me died on the inside.
    This was my face. image
    But Scott's thing of the day....
    Post edited by Viga on
  • Still not in Itunesthe feed? It's not showing up.
    Bah. Downloading it manually.
  • edited October 2008
    But Scott's thing of the day....
    Even I must admit that some of those girls were really cute. *Ataru face*
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • edited October 2008
    I have to say its interesting to hear about RIT, but that my be biased since I'm there now. Thus its sort of weird in one sense, but since I don't really know much about the place it's also helpful in learning bits about the school I won't likely experience at all (i.e.: the dorms.)
    Post edited by Kiey on
  • No bias here, in fact I'm not really a fan of your show. It's not that I don't agree with you guys on things but I find the majority of your podcasts uninteresting. Anyway...

The point I was trying to make is that I'm not biased but I think a podcast that focused on your RIT experiences could be a hit. I do agree with Scott that you guys should cut and edit your previous tales together as well. i loved this episode but what I really only enjoyed listening to was your anecdotes.
  • Oh, that's nice. Thanks for sharing.
  • No bias here, in fact I'm not really a fan of your show. It's not that I don't agree with you guys on things but I find the majority of your podcasts uninteresting. Anyway...

The point I was trying to make is that I'm not biased but I think a podcast that focused on your RIT experiences could be a hit. I do agree with Scott that you guys should cut and edit your previous tales together as well. i loved this episode but what I really only enjoyed listening to was your anecdotes.
    Yeah, I'm not a fan of the show. I only listen to it enough to know the difference between Rym and Scott's voices . . . and I've listened to enough shows to form the opinion that a "majority of them are uninteresting". Oh yeah - I've also listened to enough shows to have heard previous stories about Rym and Scott's RIT shenanigans. Also, I've joined the forums.

So I would say that I'm not a fan of the show.
  • I think the podcast format should alternate between what Rym and Scott want. I do like the anecdotes, but I would also enjoy a better elaborated podcast.
  • I think that RIT anecdotes would make awesome shows, and I would definitely be up for some! I find these shows very interesting and entertaining.
  • Yeah, more anecdotes for Thursday shows. But, If I might, ZOMBIES! CMON! How long has it been since the last one?!
  • Sleeping in the library is an important skill that all geeky college students with crappy schedules need to master.
  • Sleeping in the library is an important skill that all geeky college students with crappy schedules need to master.
    What... does it really take that much skill to sleep in the library? I just stick a notebook on top of a large, heavy, dictionary-type book and use that as a pillow.
    What... does it really take that much skill to sleep in the library? I just stick a notebook on top of a large, heavy, dictionary-type book and use that as a pillow.
    In my school, it takes skill in not getting your stuff stolen while you're asleep.
    In my school, it takes skill in not getting your stuff stolen while you're asleep.
    I just go to the fourth floor, find a study table, and sleep under it using my laptop bag as a pillow. The worst part is that the Oviatt Library is HUGE and don't wear a watch, so when I wake up and cant see any windows, I have no idea how long I've been asleep. So there's this brief moment of half conscious wandering and the train of thought of "OMG How long have I been asleep? Did they close and lock me in? Am I alone in the library? Will a zombie pop out if I move? Should I go look for the zombies? I have my leather man, will that be enough? I think there's a fire extinguisher around the corner. Oh look, a window. Its still light out. Better get to studying."
  • I personally prefer the Lasagna Cat stuff the Fatal Farm dudes have done. The intro remixes they do can get downright bizarre. Then again, Lasagna Cat is pretty bizarre in itself. XD

I should also mention that I hated living in the RIT dorms! So I hung out in Rym and Scott's apartment all the time.
  • edited October 2008
    Sleeping in the library is an important skill that all geeky college students with crappy schedules need to master.
    At the college I attend, that happens so often the library's staff has started telling people to go home and sleep.
    Post edited by Diagoras on
    At the college I attend, that happens so often the library's staff has started telling people to go home and sleep.
    I visited UWisc Madison, and one of the libraries has cages you can lock yourself in for the duration of your studying.

• Scott's Thing -Cosplay Boobies
    Is there a difference between the 11th and 22nd pictures?
  • I had no idea that 'scotts jerkbank' would be something i would see on the show. Go figure.
  • It does show up in Itunes.

For some reason it's dated 11/29/2007.